Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:50:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I HATE PAYPAL  (Read 1465 times)
Quip (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 06:13:59 AM

Just wanted to say that PayPal accidentally double-charged me for a small transaction, resulting in a $30 overdraft fee from my Credit Union. Then they did it again. Twice. The duplicate charges were reversed, but the damage was already done. To make matters worse, they did it A FORTH TIME today. I already asked my Credit Union to reduce the first set of fees, and they already told me they wouldn't do it again.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zfPTuJhrYGw/TUDfPwK2KvI/AAAAAAAAAIg/0TWz4UtcfnA/s1600/rageGuy2.jpg

EDIT: In case anyone is wondering, this is the reason I'm selling my Bitcoins as fast as I get them. I need to pay $70 USD in fees to get my account back up to a positive balance ASAP.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 06:36:50 AM

Sure, PayPal screwed up, but the fact that you got overdrawn is your credit union's fault. Tell them to stop overdrawing your account.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Quip (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 06:43:11 AM

They charge you more to bounce transactions than to overdraw. I'll file a complaint.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 06:48:26 AM

They charge you more to bounce transactions than to overdraw. I'll file a complaint.

Really? Time to find a new bank.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Quip (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 06:54:17 AM

I may be confusing their policy with that of my previous bank (which I left out of frustration). I sent them a polite email to make sure.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2011, 12:49:25 PM

This stuff, really depends on which country you are in. In England it would make perfect sense to sue both paypal and bank. Though these days suing banks over overdraft charges is more difficult.

I sued a few major banks over overdraft charges a few years back and they all settled in the last moment.

There is also interesting legal stuff going on regarding credit card agreements, apparently half of the population does not really have to pay back some debts. More specifically nearly every Consumer Credit Agreement issued before 2007 is in some significant way faulty. Which prevents banks enforcing the debt if defaulted.

Thats really nice

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
silverchair

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 05:24:48 AM

Well its not actually Paypals fault, its Credit unions fault so why hate paypal??? Smiley

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 05:28:17 AM

Well its not actually Paypals fault, its Credit unions fault so why hate paypal??? Smiley

PayPal frequently ignores the rule about how many times they may resubmit a failed transaction without the customer's written consent.

In the US, they may resubmit an EFT a maximum of two times. I've seen them do it seven.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
SAHARANINE

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:39:18 PM

Just wanted to say that PayPal accidentally double-charged me for a small transaction, resulting in a $30 overdraft fee from my Credit Union. Then they did it again. Twice. The duplicate charges were reversed, but the damage was already done. To make matters worse, they did it A FORTH TIME today. I already asked my Credit Union to reduce the first set of fees, and they already told me they wouldn't do it again.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zfPTuJhrYGw/TUDfPwK2KvI/AAAAAAAAAIg/0TWz4UtcfnA/s1600/rageGuy2.jpg

EDIT: In case anyone is wondering, this is the reason I'm selling my Bitcoins as fast as I get them. I need to pay $70 USD in fees to get my account back up to a positive balance ASAP.
Well paypal is getting restricted in many countries and in my country they has already removed paypal and lot of things like aboe has happened to my friends but I don't think those were paypal faults
nngella

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:24:53 PM

so far, I do not have any issues on paypal.  They just become more strict because you need to have a credit card to verify your account compare before that you do not need this.

Athero
Copper Member

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:19:28 PM

Paypal is like payment system from last century.
Extremely high fees. Payments can be reversed..... How can someone still use this service in Bitcoin times.. Huh
Jboikoin

Activity: 148
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:34:00 PM

Are you even complaining? haha paypal does more than this. They can screw you and end your life. I would find one link and post here later in the day.  You'll clap ya hands for paypal. They don't give a f$k to hold an account that is worth 1 million dollar and even tell you not to come back to complain about it again. What i recommend is  always call them first prior to anything you want to do or when you face any problem
RockAlina

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:53:24 AM

Paypal terms became ridiculous, I got banned for nothing, account was not in use for 6 month, when I asked to unban me, I was asked for verification passport, credit card statement, thats how, I stopped using PP.
voron83-05

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

Pozess - The Photo Sharing Fashion Marketplace Tha

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 09:02:02 AM

As it seems to me Paypal here is not at all, the credit union is guilty in everything, and most likely the problem needs to be solved with it!

♠ POZESS ♠
Photo Sharing Social Marketplace That Rewards its Users
FortFC

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 11:37:08 AM

What's wrong with Paypal use? Been using this service for over 10 years and did not face any big conflict or problems at all. Of course, the rates and fees changed few time to a worst side but still Paypal is one of those leadres with acceptable conditions.
iamvaibhav

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:42:17 AM

Same here
lowtalker

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:23:21 PM

Paypal has literally stolen money from my account.  I'm thankful Crypto is coming along to hopefully wipe Paypal off this earth.  Write to your states attorney general and blast on em. 
cryptopizza9010

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:03:19 AM

So true. It is absurd. In some countries you can't even recieve paypal.
And then the transaction fees are absurd, so are the conversion rates.

Even worse, if you work with a  shady client. Even after he makes the payment, a month or two from now, he can still start a dispute and screw you over and you have  no way to prove otherwise, especially if you delivered him a service and not a product. They need to serously update their policies or they will get left behind.
kemswag

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:42:47 AM

The terms and conditions on which PayPal operates is very unfavorable for most countries and users.
Strumpt

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:14:29 AM

I do not understand how you can use paypal in 2018?  is not there already other payment systems or exchangers?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: