Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:56:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrypt.cc possibly collapsed and stolen my .012 btc  (Read 3470 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:22:40 AM

what i said cloudmining are sucks you must never believe on every cloudmining service . its all bullshit.

It's not all a scam, there are legit cloudmining services, but indeed they are rare ones to find.
When a cloudmining company can't or won't deliver proof of actual mining being done, well then i call it BS.

Anyways, there's an "update" on their site now, when you log in, stating:

"

Update: Aside from the stolen coins, there's no other damage done. We have found the entry point and we're ready to move on. We're in the progress of installing a new server and should be back in business within a week.
There's a lot of speculation regarding KHS/BTC balances, all balances will be rolled back to the last backup before the lock down.
You will be forced to change your emails, password and PIN upon your first login. (These are hashed but it's good practice to reset after a breach like this).
It was a big blow, but we'll come out stronger then ever. We appreciate the patience and all of the kind words we have recieved. I'll update as we make progress.

"

* Withdraw is disabled, and as are most of the tabs in navigation menu. It all just leads to a blank page at the moment. Doesn't look good, even tho they claim to return in a week.

cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:01:56 PM

what i said cloudmining are sucks you must never believe on every cloudmining service . its all bullshit.

It's not all a scam, there are legit cloudmining services, but indeed they are rare ones to find.
When a cloudmining company can't or won't deliver proof of actual mining being done, well then i call it BS.

"

Update: Aside from the stolen coins, there's no other damage done. We have found the entry point and we're ready to move on. We're in the progress of installing a new server and should be back in business within a week.
There's a lot of speculation regarding KHS/BTC balances, all balances will be rolled back to the last backup before the lock down.
You will be forced to change your emails, password and PIN upon your first login. (These are hashed but it's good practice to reset after a breach like this).
It was a big blow, but we'll come out stronger then ever. We appreciate the patience and all of the kind words we have recieved. I'll update as we make progress.

"

* Withdraw is disabled, and as are most of the tabs in navigation menu. It all just leads to a blank page at the moment. Doesn't look good, even tho they claim to return in a week.

cheers
Oops, if withdraw is disabled, then we can't get the 'revenue' from the site. Look forward to how it goes to scam. It will probably collapse in few months as people are starting to withdraw coins there when they realize that it is a ponzi. Once a good site, but it will have a day of leaving. Just to say goodbye to scrypt.cc.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ajareselde
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:27:15 PM

"

"

cheers
Oops, if withdraw is disabled, then we can't get the 'revenue' from the site. Look forward to how it goes to scam. It will probably collapse in few months as people are starting to withdraw coins there when they realize that it is a ponzi. Once a good site, but it will have a day of leaving. Just to say goodbye to scrypt.cc.

Well i for one don't share your enthusiasm regarding it tumbling down, as there were many users participating as investors, that are now going to loose their money, and once more
increase the number of bitcoin related scams.

Withdraw leads to a blank page, and so does the most of the navigation menu, so, even tho they claim to be back within a week or so, i believe their fall already happened, not that it will take them "few months to
collapse", like you stated.

It was never a "good" site, like i warned over a year ago, it was just a matter of time (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444495.msg6044891#msg6044891)
It lasted this long because the owners made sure it looks attractive enough to invest, and obviously they had enough funds to maintain initial withdrawals.

cheers
bytezero

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:31:46 PM

People don't want to invest in interesting startups, who build products with long-term focus. They want to risk their life savings with gambling and ponzi schemes.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 04:53:31 AM

People don't want to invest in interesting startups, who build products with long-term focus. They want to risk their life savings with gambling and ponzi schemes.

for quick money. I have a hard time getting around this thinking too

master sato

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 03:10:52 PM

it should have been clear that site was a scam, the expected ROI was way too high to be considered a legitimate mining operation.
ajareselde
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 09:20:55 PM

From their front page:
"
June 24, 2015 - Today the hackers came back in and cleaned our databases taking our chat room with it.
This doesn't effect us at all since we have many images of the database before the attack. We'll be up and running on a clean and safe server by tomorrow. Once we're on the new server, we'll rollback everyone's KHS/BTC balances prior to the attack and you will be able to login once again.
Our ETA stands at June 30th if everything runs smoothly, once we "relaunch" all user balances will be available for withdraw.
Current mining rewards are being used to recover some of the losses.
We will update once we're on the new server, Take care!
"

I laughed way harder than i should have, on this bolded part above. Do you think they will return, and that you will be able to cashout you balance? I honestly doubt it.

cheers
MarkMJ

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 11:45:45 PM

With this there are 3 threads about scrypt.cc
Stop investt intro this scam
The owner do the same thing like earntomorrow.com
Changing profile wallet and stole user bitcoin.

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
DEV for cryptocurrency but I HATE forks
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 04:44:28 AM

I laughed way harder than i should have, on this bolded part above. Do you think they will return, and that you will be able to cashout you balance? I honestly doubt it.

cheers

of course not. there will be a new ETA over and over again. in the end, admin will be gone.

ajareselde
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:53:45 PM

There's another update on their site :
"June 26, 2015 - Today we finished the move to our new server. It took longer then expected due to some difficulties we encountered.
We're now running audits on all of the accounts. Once the account's been audited and verified, that account will be able to login.
Once all of the accounts have been audited and verified we'll enable trading and withdraws."

Who knows, maybe they do return, but i'm still confident that even if they do; that there will be some "catch"

cheers
ajareselde
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:15:51 PM

Be careful if you received following fake email:

Hi,

This email is to confirm your withdrawal request at Scrypt.CC

Withdrawal Ammount: 0.567558
To BTC Address: 18pr89dBais78mmuZc6Xs44vV5aLyUztjD

You will need to confirm this request by clicking the following link: https://scrypt***<cut>

If you did not make this request,  Click the link below to cancel it.

https://scrypt***<cut>

-----
-----

* While the first link seam to lead to scrypt.cc, the bottom one actually (altho it looks the same) leads to earn12**<cut>.biz which is a phishing website, created to steal your accounts.

lottery248 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:14:08 AM

bump! please do not let scrypt.cc go again!  Cry

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: