Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:26:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How should I split my $100k?  (Read 829 times)
Ciucas

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 04:37:53 PM

I would put at least $50k into Bitcoin and Ethereum(for safety). With the rest of money i would invest in some ICO's with big potential, and also into some altcoins that are not in the top 20 market cap, but have high potential of growth.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
babygun

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 04:44:13 PM

I would diversify my portfolio and split the money.
25% BTC, 25 %ETH, 10 %LTC, 10 % XMR, 5% ETC, 5% XRP. The rest (20%) I would speculate on some promising smaller coins.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 05:49:33 PM

I would put $50.000 in bitcoin and buy oax, humaniq, eos, bnb coin and some other altcoins. Bnb coin is for balancing oax, I trust oax project but I try to balance many altcoins though.
Azna Azhar

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:10:16 PM

Hello guys, If you put $100k to crypto, how would you split it ? Thank you

If I have a capital of that amount, I opt for long-term investment and tend to divide it 30% for bitcoin, 25% for ethereum, 25% for NEO and the rest I invest in potential coins and have good growth.
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:14:17 PM

The best thing you can do if you have that bit amount of money is to diversify your investment. There are a lot of promising coins which can give you 10x or even 100x profit. Just try to invest majority of your money in trusted cryptocurrency such as bitcoin or ethereum and diversify the remaining to other altcoins.

cryptohorsee

Activity: 229

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:29:14 PM

Split it like this 50% into bitcoin, 30% ethereum, 20% for some altcoins, maybe wanchain, stk token, digi pulse. You should always keep large postions in large coins, and small in small coins.

btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:50:26 AM

My advice would be to consider investing it into 5 coins, holding too many coins would mean that you are not able to efficiently profit from any rises from a single coin, but holding just one or two coins is too much risk.

5 coins is a nice balance.

Have 1 of each: Bitcoin, one major privacy coin, one major smart contract coin, one ICO token/investment, and one small cap coin you like. I'd say have around 5% in the small cap coin, and around 24% in each for the rest. That should be a healthy portfolio.
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 01:11:47 PM

allocate 50% or the ethereum bitcoin is a coin that could potentially increase. the rest use for investment in other altcoins. may reference the NEO, Ripple can be attempted. clear search for coins that have potential and can survive.

kul0n

Activity: 434
Merit: 49

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:31:12 PM

I would divide the investment portfolio in the following way: 20% - fiat, 20% - BTC, 20% - ETH and 40% - other promising altcoins
kamudd

Activity: 466

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:31:33 PM

wow $ 100k.
I think it's a huge value, and if I'm really going to use it to invest then I will split
40% Bitcoin
20% Ethereum
and the remaining 40% I will invest into some potentially altcoin.

nodes.com

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:39:34 PM

I recommend setting a Masternode. For example PivX is a good choice. Currently it would cost around $55 000 but its a stable passive income. We at Nodes.com predict a bright future for the project. If you are not familiar with PivX you should look it up. Definitely worth keeping an eye on.
SHawk

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:08:17 PM

If I have $100k to invest in crypto, I would invest about 40% in bitcoin, 30% in ethereum and the remaining 30% in altcoin and some promising icos. I would invest them on long term for my profit to be huge.
jackylion

Activity: 308

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:30:05 AM

I would divide the investment portfolio in the following way: 20% - fiat, 20% - BTC, 20% - ETH and 40% - other promising altcoins
But I keep 50% savings and 50% to invest. And by investing in a coin, he will choose his own, suggesting that many coin will cause him to lose focus because too many coins are proposed.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:41:45 AM

If I have $100k maybe I divide it into 4, 25% for bitcoin, 25% for ethereum, 25% for cardano and 25% for neo, then I hold them for long term.

Xivibe

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:27:16 AM

You should double it instead of splitting!  Cool
senopratama

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:00:26 AM

for at least three or four promising cryptos for long-term investment. do the analysis first and then choose where best to invest crypto, crypto 50% should be allocated to it. the rest is for the two to 25% and use for two cryptos also has a great potential and as much as possible if you want the best results then just use the investments for the long term.

███             ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄          ████                   ████          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄         
███         ▄███████████████████▄       ████                 ████       ▄███████████████████▄     
███       ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄      ████               ████      ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄   
███      █████▀               ▀█████      ████             ████      █████▀               ▀█████ 
███    ▐████▀                   ▀████▌     ████           ████     ▐████▀                   ▀████▌
███    ████▌                     ▐████      ████         ████      ████▌                     ▐████
███    ████                       ████       ████       ████       ████                       ████
███    ████                       ████        ████     ████        ████                       ████
███    ████▌                     ▐████         ████   ████         ████▌                     ▐████
███    ▐████▄                   ▄████▌          ████ ████          ▐████▄                   ▄████▌
███      █████▄               ▄█████             ███████             █████▄               ▄█████ 
███       ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀               █████               ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀   
███         ▀███████████████████▀                  ███                  ▀███████████████████▀     
███             ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                       █                       ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀         
INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
|

THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED
HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK

|

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
M

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
|
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:01:50 AM

I think you should better wait until new dump wave come to the market. Of course the market is not on the peak today, but lots of alts already grown a lot.
acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:51:23 AM

I think you should better wait until new dump wave come to the market. Of course the market is not on the peak today, but lots of alts already grown a lot.

I wouldn't say that. Of course, some grew a bit, but they're still a lot below their previous highs.

It's always wise to keep at least 50% in BTC.
The next bull run is on it's way and you'll certainly explore some more opportunities for picking up gems that will generate a high ROI briefly after that.

Invest the second half into Altcoins, but split it in terms of risk/return, such as

20% low risk/low return, top 20 on CMC
10% mid risk/mid return, ICOs launched within the last 12 months you can accumulate below ICO price
20% high risk/high return, rank 250+ on CMC

Classified such as high risk/high reward Coin is i.e. ELIX, but in fact the risk is way lower than the return due to an already working product (Beta App on mobile).
Public release in scheduled for late Q2, so it's just around the corner.
It's valuation is due to lack of marketing, but recently they've engaged a company which is specialized on PR, so "expect to see articles and press coverage surrounding ELIX as the engagement develops" -> high ROI!

Read more on their progress in https://t.me/ElixirUpdates

This is about to take off very soon in my opinion, but always do a proper research on your own before investing!
JMD07

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:43:41 PM

Since the price of bitcoin can be considered lower than the all time high. I will put 50% on bitcoin and 25% on ETH while the remaining 25%  will be my reserve once the price of bitcoin goes lower than $7K and buy at that price.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:54:06 PM

What type of investor are you?  Active trader or HODLer?

Believe it or not, how and where you invest will be totally different because of this.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: