Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:14:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: i0 Coin Exchange  (Read 5552 times)
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 07:24:27 PM

It's a newer version of bitcoin (0.3.25 rather than .24) that's still under development. So it won't be as stable as bitcoin, but you get wallet encryption.
I have a feeling that most everyone would rather a stable client and no encryption than an unstable client with encryption. Can't mine coins when the client locks up, therefore no coins to encrypt.

Anyway to have the i0 guys 'port' i0 to the stable 0.3.24 release?

Yes.  It is also easy enough to do yourself.  You could also use the alternative client instead.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 07:36:25 PM

It's a newer version of bitcoin (0.3.25 rather than .24) that's still under development. So it won't be as stable as bitcoin, but you get wallet encryption.
I have a feeling that most everyone would rather a stable client and no encryption than an unstable client with encryption. Can't mine coins when the client locks up, therefore no coins to encrypt.

Anyway to have the i0 guys 'port' i0 to the stable 0.3.24 release?
Great idea, i'll work on that Smiley
shotgun

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 07:39:15 PM

My i0coin.exe running in server mode locks up about every 20 mins for no reason. If it is just bitcoin with some words and numbers changes, why the hell is it not a stable...

Gee just read one post up.  Work on your reading skill a bit, you may learn more then posting more worthless posts.

My issue is totally unrelated to generating addresses you fuck.  My i0coin.exe locks up while just sitting there doing nothing but downloading the blockchain. Guess you are just pissed you can't spell malice... And you are probably really pissed that you don't know any grammar whatsoever. 'may learn more then posting more worthless posts' doesn't make any sense.

I would say are the one pissed.  That is the known case of it locking up.   Does not mean more do not exist.   Would hardly be suprising now would it.  In this case the issue was the exchange coind frezing though was it not?  Going to tell me it is not generating new addresses?     It makes sense,  but not till you improve your ability to comprehend.

Neither of you are discussing the topic of the thread, go abuse each other somewhere else.

<luke-jr> Catholics do not believe in freedom of religion.
mike85123 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 07:41:43 PM

My i0coin.exe running in server mode locks up about every 20 mins for no reason. If it is just bitcoin with some words and numbers changes, why the hell is it not a stable...

Gee just read one post up.  Work on your reading skill a bit, you may learn more then posting more worthless posts.

My issue is totally unrelated to generating addresses you fuck.  My i0coin.exe locks up while just sitting there doing nothing but downloading the blockchain. Guess you are just pissed you can't spell malice... And you are probably really pissed that you don't know any grammar whatsoever. 'may learn more then posting more worthless posts' doesn't make any sense.

I would say are the one pissed.  That is the known case of it locking up.   Does not mean more do not exist.   Would hardly be suprising now would it.  In this case the issue was the exchange coind frezing though was it not?  Going to tell me it is not generating new addresses?     It makes sense,  but not till you improve your ability to comprehend.

I am not saying that the coind isn't locking up when generating new addresses. I understand that that is a known issue. I was just trying to put my OTHER issue out there to see if others were having the same problem.
Litt

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 07:44:12 PM

well that's the end of i0coin i guess. It's done it's job. it's killed ix pretty much. Now we just gotta let i0 die it's natural death.
toasty

Activity: 90
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 07:47:52 PM

i0coind also seems to have a bug regarding it's NTP implementation.

One of the changes between i0coin and bitcoin was that it was trying to keep the clock more accurate by polling an NTP time server every 5 minutes. It looks like the code to do this isn't very well thought out, and will hang if the ntp server it randomly picks doesn't respond. It doesn't retry, and it doesn't give up after a while, it just freezes.

Since it's choosing a different NTP server each time from a random pool of volunteer NTP servers on the internet, it's not improbable that one of them will stop responding occasionally. Eventually all iocoind processes will hang due to this.
joker060

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 07:50:34 PM

Would still be nice to get into the Exchange to get my BTC out....   Undecided
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 08:11:56 PM

hardly

yeah it dropped from a high of .006 or so to .0027 but that was hardly a plummet and perfectly expected and still worth more than ixcoins.
Maybe you are right, people tend to panic, especially amateur traders... But i can tell you this.. the site was being "ddos's" the second that they opened up deposits for i0coin.. especially with that 2000 confirmation limit.

Actually Ixcoins are still worth more.  Last I saw, back when the exchange was still up, I0Coins were around .0023XXXX while Ixcoins are at .0015XXXX right now.  So that means  an I0C block is worth roughly .1104 BTC, while an IXC block is worth .1440 BTC (48 I0Coins per block vs. 96 IXCoins per block).  Logically I0Coins should be twice the value of Ixcoins, and I'm sure we'll eventually reach that equilibrium somewhere down the line.  Right now though, I think we're seeing (or were seeing anyway) a lot of people just trying to cash in and make a quick BTC.  If anything .0023XXXX is bargain and I'm tempted to buy a few thousand once the exchange comes back up.

Mousepotato
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 08:16:11 PM

hardly

yeah it dropped from a high of .006 or so to .0027 but that was hardly a plummet and perfectly expected and still worth more than ixcoins.
Maybe you are right, people tend to panic, especially amateur traders... But i can tell you this.. the site was being "ddos's" the second that they opened up deposits for i0coin.. especially with that 2000 confirmation limit.

Actually Ixcoins are still worth more.  Last I saw, back when the exchange was still up, I0Coins were around .0023XXXX while Ixcoins are at .0015XXXX right now.  So that means  an I0C block is worth roughly .1104 BTC, while an IXC block is worth .1440 BTC (48 I0Coins per block vs. 96 IXCoins per block).  Logically I0Coins should be twice the value of Ixcoins, and I'm sure we'll eventually reach that equilibrium somewhere down the line.  Right now though, I think we're seeing (or were seeing anyway) a lot of people just trying to cash in and make a quick BTC.  If anything .0023XXXX is bargain and I'm tempted to buy a few thousand once the exchange comes back up.

+1

My reasons here are that when the difficulty of each network becomes relatively the same there will be more than 2 times the amount of ixc than i0c which says that the general value of an i0c should be more than 2x that of an ixc.

0.0023 is a bargain. Bought about 5000i0c right before the exchange went down.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 08:49:50 PM

Take it you people don't know it is before 9 am as I post where he lives. Give the man time to wake up and get his shit together then I would imagine he will get the exchange back up he is always good at getting done what needs to be done and the idea as was expressed that he made off with the coin is just disgusting he is not some f'n rip off artist...

We know. No need to be giving a pep talk. We're cool  Cool

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

btc-e.com
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 09:11:40 PM

I0C\BTC trades live now at https://btc-e.com/

0.1% fee

Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com

BTC-E.com // Биpжa пo aвтoмaтичecкoй тopгoвлe Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com
Roland68

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 09:32:44 PM

I0C\BTC trades live now at https://btc-e.com/

0.1% fee

Yes intersting ... still to much cyrillic caracters showing up on the english page ... good work aniway
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 09:46:59 PM

Yeah read the first post again - it was a joke about doublec - I'm sure no one who's seen him in irc is is worried Smiley
( arrrggghhh all my i0coins are there! ) Smiley
I only spoke to him for the first time yesterday and I'm not worried.

I messed up with the exchange yesterday (my mistake) but it didn't take long to contact him and he fixed it up straight away.

The comments about i0coin using some 0.3.25 beta rather than 0.3.24 probably explains it all ....

Anyway - give the man some time to fix it.
NZ time is GMT+12 maybe he sleeps in Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 09:55:59 PM

hardly

+1

My reasons here are that when the difficulty of each network becomes relatively the same there will be more than 2 times the amount of ixc than i0c which says that the general value of an i0c should be more than 2x that of an ixc.

I'm not sure why people continually equate difficulty and generation with value. You're a namecoin miner, did namecoin value shoot up tremendously when the difficulty shot up and simultaneously all the miners dropped out, squeezing the generation rate to almost nothing? If two nearly identical coin systems differ only in that one generates twice as many  coins as the other, there is no logical reason why they would have a similarly matched coin value.

Price is far more dependent on peoples 'faith' and interest in the coin itself than any other characteristic like difficulty, amount generated and whatnot. Supply and demand aren't enough, as evidenced by the history of bitcoin (and its forks).
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 09:57:42 PM

hardly

+1

I'm not sure why people continually equate difficulty and generation with value. You're a namecoin miner, did namecoin value shoot up tremendously when the difficulty shot up and simultaneously all the miners dropped out, squeezing the generation rate to almost nothing? If two nearly identical coin systems differ only in that one generates twice as many  coins as the other, there is no logical reason why they would have a similarly matched coin value.

Price is far more dependent on peoples 'faith' and interest in the coin itself than any other characteristic like difficulty, amount generated and whatnot. Supply and demand aren't enough, as evidenced by the history of bitcoin (and its forks).

You have a point. I think it is both what I said and what you presented here as well.

Given i0coin solves some of the bitcoin client issues I'd say there is some value even if it were considered a test network over ixcoin which doesn't do a damn thing but transfer wealth.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 10:04:28 PM

hardly

+1

You have a point. I think it is both what I said and what you presented here as well.

Given i0coin solves some of the bitcoin client issues I'd say there is some value even if it were considered a test network over ixcoin which doesn't do a damn thing but transfer wealth.

Agreed, i0coin has a lot more behind it than ixcoin, which is why I got interested in it more than ixcoin, which bugs me. Personally if I had to choose one fork to survive though, it would probably be namecoin, as I prefer the gradual tapering off of generation concept, since tx fees don't seem to be anywhere near ready to takeover. We'll see though, I'll be watching with interest.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 10:22:43 PM

hardly

Actually Ixcoins are still worth more.  Last I saw, back when the exchange was still up, I0Coins were around .0023XXXX while Ixcoins are at .0015XXXX right now.  So that means  an I0C block is worth roughly .1104 BTC, while an IXC block is worth .1440 BTC (48 I0Coins per block vs. 96 IXCoins per block).  Logically I0Coins should be twice the value of Ixcoins, and I'm sure we'll eventually reach that equilibrium somewhere down the line.  Right now though, I think we're seeing (or were seeing anyway) a lot of peoploe just trying to cash in and make a quick BTC.  If anything .0023XXXX is bargain and I'm tempted to buy a few thousand once the exchange comes back up.

+1

So what exactly does Iocoin do except offer encrypted wallet functionality  Huh

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
pbj sammich

Activity: 272

Fighting Liquid with Liquid

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 10:28:50 PM

You mean besides not being pre-mined for 500,000 + coins to the creator prior to launch?

dub0matic

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 10:32:11 PM

You mean besides not being pre-mined for 500,000 + coins to the creator prior to launch?

this oldminer is stuck on iXcoins nuts everyone know who you really are. dont be jelly cause your scam is over

make it rain haha
btc 176MrZ3CCXGb1GqFiGaoqQpaynzYqZsW6n
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 10:35:27 PM

I'd go with more of what it doesn't do.
IXCoin was created as a fraud to make it's creator money ... yeah my usual comment: 580K coins
I0coin wasn't done that way.

For me, just making that one change made the difference between completely ignoring a new hash-chain and getting involved in it.

When mining was opened in I0Coin it was those with the best rigs who got the most coins ... and some who ran the better software Smiley
Now I'm not sure if anyone is still bitching about that ... but seriously what else would you expect for ANY new block-chain?

IXCoin was also a messed up version of the bitcoin/bitcoind software by someone who didn't fully understand what they were doing.
As attested by issues such as his stupid currency graph that was wrong, the problems with allowing bitcoin addresses into the interface and also (related to the graph) the complete misunderstanding of how the 21,000,000 limit works (there were others also?)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: