Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:19:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Must Acrivity and Merit fall over time?  (Read 350 times)
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 09:05:31 AM

I had an idea how to increase the amount of a common Merit, by reducing inactive accounts.
Perhaps you will not agree with me, but how can you look at accounts that have 1000 merit, but the last time in the network were back in 2016?
How about everything will work:
  If you do not log in for 2 months - minus 10 Merits
  If you do not write posts, within 2 months - minus 10 Merits
So a person who has gained their activity across this long period will lose their activity and rank and then when they come back they will be horrified to see what happened to their account. If this some sort of revenge that you people are trying to administer because you people are not gaining merits yourself?

Where will Merit go? It will be distributed among people close to the administration, who will subsequently hand out it for useful topics.
Let them be as it is. Waste of time it would be.

Of course, this issue will need to be finalized, but what do you say about this idea? If you agree, what rules would you add?
No rules need to be added because you made this thread just like 1000 other merit crybabies do every morning trying to squeeze some merit from the sources.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:35:19 PM

Nope, the current merit system is already great for me. Merit sources + additional merit sources will address this issue.
Ditto, I think the system needs time to do what it's going to do--shitposters are going to get sick of stagnating at Jr. Member, earning pennies for bounties because they can't earn enough merits to rank up.  Already the merit system has put the kabosh on account farmers easily ranking up dozens (or more) accounts just with activity and time, and that's a huge positive. 

As I've said a million times, it's not supposed to be easy to earn merit and I don't think any tweaks are necessary that entail taking sMerits or whatever away from members who aren't active.  That would just add unneeded complexity and would, as mentioned, promote more frequent posting that would probably manifest itself as spam.

Those shit posts make browsing the forum difficult for other people. So , you cannot just let them keep making those shit posts. There should be some permanent solution to this problem as merit system has failed to solve this issue completely.

Most of the websites that give rankings based on points look for recently obtained points instead of total points. So this can be done here as well.
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:34:09 PM

Activity and Merit are earnt by them. We don't need to agree with that. It would be better if they're merit sources that are automated to send merit to a good quality posts.
My suggestion goes this way.
If one user posted a good quality post and enough to be merited but no one sees it the post will not be merited unlike their is an Autonated Merit Sender (AMS) for everg user. If I posted a good quality post and it is meritorous the Automated Merit Sender will send to me because I made a good quality post and enough to be merited.
Every user should have this called AMS.
There  are 1704250 accounts here and ¼ of it isn't in a good hand or not used.
wumBowo

Activity: 770
Merit: 298

tozex.io

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 05:46:30 PM

Activity and Merit are earnt by them. We don't need to agree with that. It would be better if they're merit sources that are automated to send merit to a good quality posts.
If one user posted a good quality post and enough to be merited but no one sees it the post will not be merited unlike their is an Autonated Merit Sender (AMS) for everg user. If I posted a good quality post and it is meritorous the Automated Merit Sender will send to me because I made a good quality post and enough to be merited.

how to determine either your post is on good quality or it's on below ?
if it's only based on how much characters/letters that you used on your post , this thing can be easily abused

Tozex

Powered by,
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:08:07 PM

Your approach won't work. You can't mandate people who are on vacation or people who are really busy with other life pressing issues to come here and keep making posts everyday. Everyone's account is theirs irrespective of when last they logged on to it. It's just like saying Twitter should deactivate every account that doesn't make tweets over a given period of time.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 02:18:24 PM
Merited by TMAN (2)

The previous ranking system was based on activity. Lets say people got activity from posting and then every fortnight their activity increased automatically. What you are suggesting is that we convert the merit system into another metric of "activity" and every shitposter in the forum will be getting activity (oops I mean Merit) for posting and there will nobody to judge whether those posts were actually worth reading or simply vomiteposted shitposts.

Nice way to say that you are actually supporting removal of the merit system by making up an idea which is nothing but the activity metric in other words.

If bots were to become merit sources - who would be the judge?  Roll Eyes

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:53:49 PM

I had an idea how to increase the amount of a common Merit, by reducing inactive accounts.
Perhaps you will not agree with me, but how can you look at accounts that have 1000 merit, but the last time in the network were back in 2016?
How about everything will work:
  If you do not log in for 2 months - minus 10 Merits
  If you do not write posts, within 2 months - minus 10 Merits
Where will Merit go? It will be distributed among people close to the administration, who will subsequently hand out it for useful topics.
Of course, this issue will need to be finalized, but what do you say about this idea? If you agree, what rules would you add?
You're just imposing more spammer rather than a healthy discussion in the forum. This could only promote more non-sense topics that would not really help in the community. Being away from keyboard is not a basis for deMerit. What if I want a vacation out of the city for two months? That would not be a basis for deMerit be everyone deserves their merits base on quality of the post and not for being idle alone.

mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2133

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 04:52:27 PM

They've earned their rank because of "early adopters." It may seems unfair but this is how things work in real life. I never bitching about merit since I know it's their privilege, and if you don't like you can create your own forum. You can fork from block x or create genesis from block 0.. ooopss

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:50:35 PM

They've earned their rank because of "early adopters." It may seems unfair but this is how things work in real life. I never bitching about merit since I know it's their privilege, and if you don't like you can create your own forum. You can fork from block x or create genesis from block 0.. ooopss

That's true. The early adopters to Bitcoin got a hefty amount of them, though they weren't worth that much at the time - they still had that. We're not all requesting that the 18 million bitcoins already mined are considered null and void if they haven't been moved in a while.
Ghosty100201

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:41:46 AM

Your idea isn't that bad but the thing is it isn't that good too that it will be put into action by the Admin. If you say if a person isn't logging in his account for quite some time, his/her merit decays, there can be circumstances where due to the pressure of a situation he/she isn't able to login into their respective account. Someday some other person would pop out of somewhere and say if a person doesn't log in for an even longer time his account gets deleted and that isn't possible in the first place I guess and second, it is INSANE.
jh3mx

Activity: 76
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:43:52 PM

but sometimes good topic and useful cant get a merit

♥ TRUEPLAY.io ♦
Transparent and honest gambling platform
PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: