Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:10:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] 0.5 BTC  (Read 484 times)
Treggar (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 07:02:11 PM

Looking to buy 0.5 BTC @ $320. 

Will pay with PayPal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 07:04:37 PM

Good one!  You're so funny. 

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Treggar (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 07:08:45 PM

Why is that funny?  It's the coinbase rate, I just don't have a Visa - only mastercards so I can't do instant trades.  Sucks to wait 5 days for a purchase.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 01:38:45 AM

Why is that funny?  It's the coinbase rate, I just don't have a Visa - only mastercards so I can't do instant trades.  Sucks to wait 5 days for a purchase.

Maybe because you just signed up and the chances of you easily scamming then running away are pretty high.
Don't act stupid.  If you're not trying to act stupid, then stop being stupid.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 04:12:16 AM

Maybe you don't know this but if you buy something with PayPalsucks or any credit card or any debit card or even by ACH bank transfer then it is very easy to have the transaction reversed.  In other words these forms of payment are all reversible.

In almost every way Bitcoin is the opposite of all other forms of fiat money.  One of the main differences is that Bitcoin transactions cannot be reversed.

Because of this huge difference there is an easy, often repeated, scam:

1) Scummy Scammer buys Bitcoins from Honest Bob.  He pays with some form of reversible money (PayPalsucks, credit card, etc.)
2) Honest Bob send the Bitcoins to Summy Scammer.  Note this transaction cannot be reversed.
3) Now Summy Scammer goes to PayPalsucks or his credit card company and has them reverse the charge.  PayPalsucks and credit card companies always side with the buyer.
4) PayPalsucks or credit card take the money back from Honest Bob.

Honest Bob is screwed.

This is why it is almost impossible to buy Bitcoins with either PayPalsucks or credit cards.

I only sell Bitcoins for one thing:  cold hard cash in hand.  It is the only form of government fiat funny money that is not reversible.

So, if you want to buy BTC then:

1) Go to https://localbitcoins.com
2) Find a seller near you
3) Arrange to meet them in a coffee shop, bank or police station or where ever you feel comfortable
4) Give them the cash
5) They give you the BTC
6) Everyone happy

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
chrism1

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:24:07 AM

Any kind of exchange with bitcoin over the internet sucks if theres scammers. I do agree the majority of newbies here are scammers. Trust should be built over time and not large sums right away. A few $50 before big turst should be gained. Theres even a feedback system built here. I've been trying to buy .40 btc all day before xmas localcoins isnt any help and btcquick went down. All my moneys I have is a few thousand in my verified paypal account. I try and post here but not much luck. I dont care if I send you my ID. I thought that a good way to secure transactions is to make invoice, payment of physical object. That way if a scumbag does a chargeback for item not received you can send something and delivery confirmation will verify the shipment. The case closed&delivered
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: