Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:04:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which exchange do you prefer to use in TradingView?  (Read 145 times)
thegoatiest (OP)

Activity: 200
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:51:11 PM

Hi,
I'm wandering which exchange you think's best to plot your trendlines and support and resistance levels on e.t.c.
As they seem to be very different, surprisingly.
For instance, utilizing Kraken on Tradingview starting; September 08 there was a very clear support trend line that was respected. However plotting a trendline from the 08 september using bitfinex and coinbase; you get quite a different trendline.
It seems to me with this latest crash - utilizing Kraken on Trading View would've allowed you to spot the breakdown of the triangle and the failure to push back above the new resistance line.... just before it crashed horribly this morning.
However if you were using Bitfinex or even worse; Coinbase on Tradingview to plot your graphs - you would've had a very different support/angle for your triangle and wouldn't have had that early warning. Maybe spotting the breakdown half way through the big crash.

I'm not sure what to make of this.
G

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 11:12:54 PM

I'm wandering which exchange you think's best to plot your trendlines and support and resistance levels on e.t.c.
For instance, utilizing Kraken on Tradingview starting; September 08 there was a very clear support trend line that was respected. However plotting a trendline from the 08 september using bitfinex and coinbase; you get quite a different trendline.
It seems to me with this latest crash - utilizing Kraken on Trading View would've allowed you to spot the breakdown of the triangle and the failure to push back above the new resistance line.... just before it crashed horribly this morning.
However if you were using Bitfinex or even worse; Coinbase on Tradingview to plot your graphs - you would've had a very different support/angle for your triangle and wouldn't have had that early warning. Maybe spotting the breakdown half way through the big crash.

you'll always get different answers about this. personally, i prefer to use the most liquid/high volume spot exchanges because they tend to lead the market and price extremes don't deviate as much.

that generally means charting bitfinex. kraken isn't very liquid so i don't look at it.

trendlines can get you in trouble in this type of market action, where price is trapped in a small range. we may have broken down a short term "trend" but price also just stopped at the larger triangle bound, drawn on the daily. i wouldn't call it a "crash" quite yet. it might just be a bear trap! Smiley

h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:39:44 AM

To be honest, i prefer binance exchange and sometimes livecoin.net. Both have large quantity of vmtrading volumes but there are a few extrad options with livecoin which i can't find in binance.
Livecoin is similar when it comes to security and they support multiple depositing methods including debit/credit card deposits
apityeh71

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 07:24:26 AM

Binance is the best choice to find high liquidity and low spread between price bid and ask. We can see All trading pair in Binance also on the Trading View charting. But on the Binance exchange already used Trading view charting that make trading activity will be more efisien.

ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:06:21 PM

you'll always get different answers about this. personally, i prefer to use the most liquid/high volume spot exchanges because they tend to lead the market and price extremes don't deviate as much.

that generally means charting bitfinex. kraken isn't very liquid so i don't look at it.

trendlines can get you in trouble in this type of market action, where price is trapped in a small range. we may have broken down a short term "trend" but price also just stopped at the larger triangle bound, drawn on the daily. i wouldn't call it a "crash" quite yet. it might just be a bear trap! Smiley
Actually, I would not actually call it a crash yet until maybe we are out of the bigger triangle before we will start seeing the market making more move downwards, but as it is, it looks like we are still inside this triangle and the market is pretty much getting a whole lot more volatile as a result of getting to the apex of the triangle.

As long as we are still in, I would not consider anything to be impossible as the market could still end up moving either ways. When it comes to using trading view though, I really just stick with the trend as I feel it cuts across board, even though I have always been using bittrex, I believe as long as you know what you are doing, you will always be able to make your own decisions.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 02:02:03 PM

It actually depends on each individual actually but most of the time, I prefer using a high volume exchange if I have to use trading view.

I understand all the things you are saying though and possibly you cannot have the same thing cut across board, but it is usually pretty close anyway and the only thing is to just find a strategy, find the type of exchange I mentioned as there are so many of them, although I use Bitstamp anyway but it all depends on what you are looking at most of the time.

You always have to consider every option actually when it comes for analyzing the market which is what is important the most rather than finding ways to have big capital for generating g better profits as many smart trades are making decent profits on daily basis just from very small capital itself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: