Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:52:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Now I understand the concern about PayPal  (Read 1211 times)
gracesfall (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 11:09:43 PM

Sigh...I apologize for every time I ever grumbled about nobody being willing to let me pay for Bitcoin via PayPal. I put 0.1 BTC up for auction on eBay today and it sold at the Buy It Now price ($105). A buyer by the handle of rainyroads (PayPal name Linda Rust) purchased it. I emailed the buyer asking for the BTC wallet address, which they provided. I sent the bitcoin and emailed them back with TrX ID as confirmation. They thanked me, asked me to let them know if I ever wanted to sell additional BTC, and requested that I leave feedback.

AS SOON as I left feedback, I get an email from PayPal that the buyer was initiating a chargeback on the basis of an unauthorized or unintentional purchase. I sent them screenshots of the emails that show that the buyer had to actively provide me with info after the purchase in order to receive the bitcoin, along with proof that they received what they paid for. Hopefully that will be enough.

Of course, I can't change the positive feedback I left on eBay. I reported them to eBay but I don't expect anything significant to happen.

Argh!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gogodr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:27:24 PM

Oh com'on this has to stop. I hate seeing there are so many scammers using paypal like that.
It makes us (People who don't have other medium of trading USD without abusive fees of over 10%) trading impossible.
I tried trading twice to buy bitcoin, and both times the sellers refunded the payment not giving me the bitcoins because it was risky for they.

People is too scared of using paypal now because of how many scammers there are.. I pretty much resigned on buying bitcoins with paypal.
I'm going to sell services and participate in contests to get some bitcoins, since it is the only way for me to get some.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:31:39 PM

Sigh...I apologize for every time I ever grumbled about nobody being willing to let me pay for Bitcoin via PayPal. I put 0.1 BTC up for auction on eBay today and it sold at the Buy It Now price ($105). A buyer by the handle of rainyroads (PayPal name Linda Rust) purchased it.

what was the buyer rating? Does ebay allow only people with rating of say 90+% win your auction?

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
gracesfall (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 11:38:42 PM

Sigh...I apologize for every time I ever grumbled about nobody being willing to let me pay for Bitcoin via PayPal. I put 0.1 BTC up for auction on eBay today and it sold at the Buy It Now price ($105). A buyer by the handle of rainyroads (PayPal name Linda Rust) purchased it.

what was the buyer rating? Does ebay allow only people with rating of say 90+% win your auction?

That's the thing - they have 100% feedback rating. The problem that I am finding is that feedback isn't necessarily a true indicator, since you can't change the feedback you give once you've given it. The buyer didn't file the chargeback claim until AFTER I'd given them feedback.

Sigh...
gracesfall (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 11:42:31 PM

Oh com'on this has to stop. I hate seeing there are so many scammers using paypal like that.
It makes us (People who don't have other medium of trading USD without abusive fees of over 10%) trading impossible.
I tried trading twice to buy bitcoin, and both times the sellers refunded the payment not giving me the bitcoins because it was risky for they.

People is too scared of using paypal now because of how many scammers there are.. I pretty much resigned on buying bitcoins with paypal.
I'm going to sell services and participate in contests to get some bitcoins, since it is the only way for me to get some.

It pisses me off because I would never dream of doing that to someone else.
chrism1

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:59:22 PM

Theres always those scumbags who are so nice until after you send. Junkies gotta get their drug money, chargeback and double it.. It does make honest people like us pissed off to the max.
OP, at least you HAVE that buyers address! sucks things dont seem in your favor but I'd utilize that address till I'm dead. Not saying you have to show up in person, but a mailing address you can do some good things in return for a scammer. Dishonest fraudulent people's deed should never go without revenge.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 03:25:06 AM

That's the thing - they have 100% feedback rating. The problem that I am finding is that feedback isn't necessarily a true indicator, since you can't change the feedback you give once you've given it. The buyer didn't file the chargeback claim until AFTER I'd given them feedback.

Sigh...

Sellers can't leave negative feedback for scumbag buyers. it was changed a few years back so they could only leave positives. Leaving a positive but actually telling of the non-paying or chargeback scamming customer is a violation of their policy. This was to make the site not look like it was a complete criminal scumbag site, to be appealing to "buyers", while fucking over merchants, who have to suck it up, and provide free shipping for just about everything out of their pocket too.
coinbuyer2580

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:06:53 AM

you cant give negative feedback to someone who buys from you on eBay. Only sellers can receive negative feedback now. Do not use feedback as a means to determine integrity of a buyer.

Check the age of the account and the recent feedback.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:13:05 AM

Yeah my advice to you is to avoid eBay at all costs as 99% of people there are looking to steal your coin. Personally if you really need to trade BTC for PP then do it on this forum in small amounts and with people who are reputable/have a high trust rating.
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:31:27 AM

Such a pity things like this happen - People should not abuse Paypal as it is the easiest and quickest way to obtain BTC!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: