Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:08:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 18 Avalon's Batch 1 / Batch 2 | Tuned to mine at 84 to 86 GH/s | Fast Ship  (Read 1501 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
evershawn (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Vod is a liar

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:18:23 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2013, 05:37:18 AM by evershawn

Hi all,

I am selling 18 Batch 1 and Batch 2 Avalon ASIC miners. They're mining at around 84 - 86 GH/s respectively right now. All units have upgraded Corsair 800w to 850w PSU's. I am looking for USD cash offers.

Regardless of what you think about eBay and the safety of selling there, these units are going for in the 3k range give or take a few bucks. Check recently sold auctions. I'm willing to discount a bit to not have to deal with eBay (I personally hate the site and everything it stands for), so if you want to resell there and make a few bucks off me, more power to you.

Feel free to post your offer or send via PM.

Trolling posts and silly offers will be deleted.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ceyre

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:19:22 AM

Did you mean to post two threads?
evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:36:40 AM

Did you mean to post two threads?

I messed up a setting that I couldn't edit so erased the other.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:40:42 AM

Are you going by BTC Sold on Ebay rates as well? I sold a few .1 BTC increments on Ebay for $280 each about a week ago, so $2800 per coin. I got lucky and only one person charged back so far though.

Just giving you the heads up, self moderated or not, you are going to get a lot of hate asking Ebay prices. Ebay prices are the way they are because everyone on there is a scammer, and in order to break even, they have to sell at a 300+% markup to make up for the 66% of buyers being scammers.

Strictly hypothetical senario, say the miners were to predicted to make 11 BTC during their lifetime. If you buy the miner direct from the manufacturer for 10 BTC, or $7,000 because the price of Bitcoins at the time were $700 per coin, and then the price of BTC drops to $500 per coin, the miner isn't still worth $7,000 or 14 BTC at the new rate, its still worth around 10-11 BTC which just so happens to be about $5,000. Mining hardware is directly pegged to Bitcoins, not USD. That works the oposite way as well, if you pay 5 BTC for some hardware at $1000 per coin, and then the price of BTC goes up to $2000, the miner is still worth 5 BTC.

I know you are saying $3,000 loosely here, and I'm sure you are willing to negotiate, however for $3,000 at current rates you could just outright buy 4 Bitcoins, which is more than the miner can possibly produce in its lifetime, and then you don't have to deal with a physical object, which is why mining hardware tends to sell for its predicted income generation, minus a few percent for the trouble. Kind of like a structured settlement in Bitcoins. You can have 10.5 BTC now for the hardware in the senario, or you can wait a few months and gather it slowly for a total of 11 BTC. It doesn't make sense for someone to pay $3000 (4 BTC) for hardware that wont make 4 BTC.

No disrespect, but I'm sure you will get a lot of unconstructive critism, and wanted to provide you with actual useful information rather than just calling you names. If you want top dollar, your best bet is to play roulette on Ebay.
KCmining

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:58:03 AM

Hello. How many batch 1 and how many batch 2 avalons do you have?

Thanks!
evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:41:20 AM

Are you going by BTC Sold on Ebay rates as well? I sold a few .1 BTC increments on Ebay for $280 each about a week ago, so $2800 per coin. I got lucky and only one person charged back so far though.

Just giving you the heads up, self moderated or not, you are going to get a lot of hate asking Ebay prices. Ebay prices are the way they are because everyone on there is a scammer, and in order to break even, they have to sell at a 300+% markup to make up for the 66% of buyers being scammers.

Strictly hypothetical senario, say the miners were to predicted to make 11 BTC during their lifetime. If you buy the miner direct from the manufacturer for 10 BTC, or $7,000 because the price of Bitcoins at the time were $700 per coin, and then the price of BTC drops to $500 per coin, the miner isn't still worth $7,000 or 14 BTC at the new rate, its still worth around 10-11 BTC which just so happens to be about $5,000. Mining hardware is directly pegged to Bitcoins, not USD. That works the oposite way as well, if you pay 5 BTC for some hardware at $1000 per coin, and then the price of BTC goes up to $2000, the miner is still worth 5 BTC.

I know you are saying $3,000 loosely here, and I'm sure you are willing to negotiate, however for $3,000 at current rates you could just outright buy 4 Bitcoins, which is more than the miner can possibly produce in its lifetime, and then you don't have to deal with a physical object, which is why mining hardware tends to sell for its predicted income generation, minus a few percent for the trouble. Kind of like a structured settlement in Bitcoins. You can have 10.5 BTC now for the hardware in the senario, or you can wait a few months and gather it slowly for a total of 11 BTC. It doesn't make sense for someone to pay $3000 (4 BTC) for hardware that wont make 4 BTC.

No disrespect, but I'm sure you will get a lot of unconstructive critism, and wanted to provide you with actual useful information rather than just calling you names. If you want top dollar, your best bet is to play roulette on Ebay.

Salty,

You do post some good arguments and great points but what my retort would be:

1) You've actually convinced me (based on our earlier PM's) not to accept BTC for these since it just creates some headaches discussing BTC holding vs gains with hardware, ect. I'm just taking USD offers at this point so I can avoid that whole hypothetical conversation.

2) Selling a digital item (like BTC) on ebay and accepting Paypal vs selling Hardware are completely night and day differences in seller protection policies and charge back scenarios. When you sell physical hardware on eBay and accept Paypal, you are protected from charge-backs under seller protection as opposed to selling a virtual item, which gives you zero seller protection. You might say, well what if they just use the equipment to mine and return it 30 days later, well you can also put disclaimers in your auction that returns are not accepted, item is as is, Ebay lets you select your own return policy and only protects the buyer if you ship something significantly not as described. There's ways to protect yourself here too, such as photo documentation of the packaging and shipping process, ect. (yes, that part can be sticky but if you're diligent, you can protect yourself.)

3) Genesis block calculators don't work for assuming the value of hardware, I mean I've been playing around with it all day and you can plug the latest and greatest stuff there and it all comes back with shitty returns and tells you that your investment is a loss. People that buy mining equipment these days buy it on faith and believe that BTC is going to go up a ton. Otherwise, there's no mining equipment in existence worth buying at current prices. All of it comes back in the red very quickly.

4) I don't mind feedback and opinions here, I self moderated because of just flat out trolls that hit these threads (and seem to pretty much spend all of their time on this forum looking for threads to troll) so it's hard to have a market post up that doesn't get bloated with kiddie troll posts or derailed by people that have uninformed or biased opinions as a buyer.

5) People that buy mining equipment now typically have plans to run it indefinitely regardless of if power consumption is > profit vs current BTC price. People run mining equipment because they believe BTC price will go up, difficulty could not go up as fast for a lot of reasons and it could potentially be a good investment. It's a gamble, sure, but so is buying bitcoin for fiat. Buying mining equipment is simply buying bitcoin over time and paying for it with electricity and hardware costs. Different strokes for different folks.

In the end, people can decide what they'd like to pay for hardware. My argument here is that selling Bitcoins on eBay and selling hardware, are not comparable and don't offer the same protections or opportunies for scam artists. If stuff sells on eBay for X and it is in fact selling (which it is), that makes the market price for that right around that price. I don't think you can really argue that. The only argument here is the idea that people are running scams on sellers and I don't think that applies so much to physical hardware. I've contacted eBay just to make sure and I am correct based on my conversation with the rep.

In the end, it only takes difficulty increases taper off and BTC prices to go up to make buying mining equipment a much better option.
evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:42:19 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2013, 08:09:33 AM by evershawn

Hello. How many batch 1 and how many batch 2 avalons do you have?

Thanks!

I think 2 of them are batch 2 but not sure why it matters. The only difference would have been the PSU and like I said in the main post, they've all had their PSU's upgraded.
evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:33:51 PM

Get em while they're hot!
BitcoinBrains

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 05:25:17 PM

If you aren't accepting BTC for them then what kind of payment methods would you accept?

Bitcoin Brains, brick and mortar bitcoin stores in Alberta, Canada. 
Buy cool stuff for bitcoins
chanberg

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:06:23 PM

Its really simple... You want eBay Prices, you sell on eBay. No one on this forum is going to pay an arm and a leg for old hardware. Your hash rate can be had for 2 BTC without really looking, so the commodity you think you have with your Avalons is really not what it use to be...

FYI - eBay takes 10% + another 2.9% with PayPal = so when you think something sells for 3k, its really only 2600...

Danny

evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:41:35 AM

If you aren't accepting BTC for them then what kind of payment methods would you accept?

I'm reasonable and willing to discuss anything fair with an interested party. I don't have any specific method set in stone or anything if that's your concern.
evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:50:05 AM

Its really simple... You want eBay Prices, you sell on eBay. No one on this forum is going to pay an arm and a leg for old hardware. Your hash rate can be had for 2 BTC without really looking, so the commodity you think you have with your Avalons is really not what it use to be...

FYI - eBay takes 10% + another 2.9% with PayPal = so when you think something sells for 3k, its really only 2600...

Danny

They do have a softcap on fee's, so basically if you sell a computer there for 3k, you're going to hit that $250 softcap. But ya, you're right, total net would be in the 2.6k range for a 3k item after Paypal fee's (another reason ebay blows).

But again, I'm not expecting anyone here to offer 3k for these. Just collecting offers to see if I can find a bulk buyer or see if there's a hardcore guy that wants Avalons that's willing to make an interesting offer of some sort. I'm sure I'd be happy to make a deal somewhere in the low 2's for someone that wants a lot of units.
dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 06:54:22 AM

eBay sucks. I sell on eBay and of the 3 latest auctions that have sold. Only one person paid. The other two were bad bidders who had no intention of paying. eBay encourages bad bidders because there is no negative feedbacks or recourse.
evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:31:28 AM

eBay sucks. I sell on eBay and of the 3 latest auctions that have sold. Only one person paid. The other two were bad bidders who had no intention of paying. eBay encourages bad bidders because there is no negative feedbacks or recourse.

Actually, if someone does not pay and you open a non-payment case, they can't provide proof of payment, they get a warning on their account. If they continue to not pay for auctions, they get the account banned.

Sounds like you were unlucky.
evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:42:50 AM

Anyone willing to offer 2k ea on these?
evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:58:57 PM

I'm be leaving for the holidays, be back on the 27th so if anyone is interested in these at 2k, they won't ship until then. Be happy to hash out any details however during that time.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:23:24 PM

You would've done better if you listed them on eBay and they'd be sold by now.  I'm assuming the offer you had didn't happen.  If you change your mind PM me.

evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:42:00 AM

You would've done better if you listed them on eBay and they'd be sold by now.  I'm assuming the offer you had didn't happen.  If you change your mind PM me.

No, NWO backed out but your offer is still lower then 3 other offers I have on the table. Even Salty's offer is higher.
kmacri

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:44:12 AM

Where are you shipping from?
evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:09:10 AM

Where are you shipping from?

Southern Oregon, USA.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:20:18 AM

Anyone willing to offer 2k ea on these?

I'll pay $2,000.  I prefer a batch #2 unit.

I try to be respectful and informed.
evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:48:49 PM

I've got several people interested at 2k, so 2k is the floor for now. I'm traveling for the Xmas holiday, but answering PM's and phone calls.

Merry Xmas guys. PM me with any questions.
evershawn (OP)

Vod is a liar

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:22:21 PM

I have a few Avalons left, please message me ASAP if interested.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: