Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:21:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PK] Pennykoin - Make crypto great again. No ICO/premine POS/POW  (Read 8283 times)
jerrimu (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 12:11:00 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2018, 08:12:33 AM by jerrimu

Block explorer, whitepaper, and roadmap are all posted on the website.

VOTE

POOLS

EXCHANGES

Remember when you first got interested in cryptocurrency?  It was such a cool feeling to be a part of something that was gonna change the world. Then the money happened and now it just seems like something for investors to mess with, not an actual breakthrough in decentralized, egalitarian currency. I want to bring that feeling back and make it stay forever.

Pennykoin was the ONLY actively developed, fairly launched coin based on XDN codebase, featuring encrypted messaging & deposits that accrue interest.    

Pennykoin intends to stand out in the fairly crowded privacy coin market by focusing on adoption/accessibility  and actual usage. Accessibility is served by using familiar terms, and attempting to write documentation/software that is meant to be read & understood by EVERYONE, not just current cryptocurrency enthusiasts.  Actual usage is a tougher nut to crack. I will be launching several sites myself that will accept PK over the next few months (details in roadmap. In addition to this I will get payment mods for as many CMS/blogs going asap.

There are 10 billion pennykoins, 2 decimal places, or 100 pennies each. Emission will be roughly 20% the first year, then 10% for the next six years. No coin has existed 8 years at this point, so we will assess the situation after that.

Transfers are fairly expensive at a penny each (due to 2 desimal places, is the smallest unit), and are a flat fee. Blocks for the first year have 12000 pennykoins, targeting 3 minutes of difficulty.  

Deposits require at least 25000 coins ( little over 2 blocks) and can only be deposited for 3 months. Each 3 month deposit earns 1%, or 4% (not compounded, roughly 4.4 if) annually.

There are a lot of features in various cryptonote coins. I intend for Pennykoin to implement as many of these features as possible.

I am not the best programmer, I am however very determined and I will not give up on this project. If you check my post history you can see I’ve been thinking about doing this for a while now.

This is a community project. I am moving forward with a very strong vision of what this coin should be, I am not willing to compromise on that. I will accept  help, but I have to push this project into the right path.  God knows I could use some help coding.

As of now, website, GUI clients for windows/linux, and a block explorer are live. I plan to hit every milestone in the roadmap at or before the noted time.

HELP

If you can code, would like to spread the word, or help in any way drop me a PM, tweet, or email at pennykoin@fam-base.net

• Donate BTC to 36PBksiZEiMcsx3Fd73TyWacHnvab4jZ3J
  • Donate PK to PkQrCLndEB9Pi4sTeVMG8gHSL8W5dBAst3Tzu84MfFXdLgcTR2BUvnSbtKgNYSTxMx3qgFyukgEtrXk HhVPGdgho2v4tYoiiZ
  • Support me on patreon at patreon

Please note that the official website, wallet generator & webmining site use SSL, security is important to Pennykoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PesoAmericano

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:15:30 AM

reserved

Can you launch a compiled windows qt wallet?

That's a must for a serious project, at the least a cli one
Trade_BTC

Activity: 785
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:15:53 AM

Remember when you first got interested in cryptocurrency?  It was such a cool feeling to be a part of something that was gonna change the world. Then the money happened and now it just seems like something for investors to mess with, not an actual breakthrough in decentralized, egalitarian currency. I want to bring that feeling back and make it stay forever.

Pennykoin is a new cryptonote coin building off of the digitalnote/bitcedi/ultranote codebase, featuring encrypted messaging & deposits that accrue interest.   

Pennykoin intends to stand out in the fairly crowded privacy coin market by focusing on adoption/accessibility  and actual usage. Accessibility is served by using familiar terms, and attempting to write documentation/software that is meant to be read & understood by EVERYONE, not just current cryptocurrency enthusiasts.  Actual usage is a tougher nut to crack. I will be launching several sites myself that will accept ₱k over the next few months (details in roadmap. In addition to this I will get payment mods for as many CMS/blogs going asap.

There are 10 billion pennykoins, 2 decimal places, or 100 pennies each. Emission will be roughly 20% the first year, then 10% for the next six years. No coin has existed 8 years at this point, so we will assess the situation after that.

Transfers are fairly expensive at 2 pennies each, and are a flat fee. Block for the first year have 12000 pennykoins, targeting 3 minutes of difficulty. 

Deposits require at least 25000 coins ( little over 2 blocks) and can only be deposited for 3 months. Each 3 month deposit earns 1%, or 4% annually.

Currently you can only import a paper wallet into the GUI wallet, I will have it working for the CLI shortly.

There are a lot of features in various cryptonote coins. I intend for Pennykoin to implement as many of these features as possible.

At launch will be using the cryptonight algorithm, still trying to decide where to go when the asics kick in, leaning a little toward cryptnight lite v1, or a variant thereof to run better on phones/craptops.

I am not the best programmer, I am however very determined and I will not give up on this project. If you check my post history you can see I’ve been thinking about doing this for a while now.

This is tentatively a community project. I am moving forward with a very strong vision of what this coin should be, I am not willing to compromise on that. I am fairly logical and if someone has a great idea, I can likely be brought on board.  God knows I could use some help coding.

As of now, website, GUI clients for windows/linux, and a block explorer are live. I plan to hit every milestone in the roadmap at or before the noted time.

If you would like to help/contribute to this project, the number one thing you can do is accept ₱k if you have a website that sells things. Aside from that I will be accepting donations. I am on a fixed income and there is no premine/ICO here. That and my laptop is shitty  even for CPU mining, there will be many people with more pennykoin than me pretty soon. I would also like to take some programming classes/books to become more fluent in the 2--3 languages I am using for this project.

Donate BTC to 36PBksiZEiMcsx3Fd73TyWacHnvab4jZ3J 
  ₱k to PkQrCLndEB9Pi4sTeVMG8gHSL8W5dBAst3Tzu84MfFXdLgcTR2BUvnSbtKgNYSTxMx3qgFyukgEtrXk HhVPGdgho2v4tYoiiZ
   or support me on patreon at https://www.patreon.com/jerryhowell . 

running a blockchain is complex to do solo unless you get the community behind it and helping.
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 12:20:40 AM

reserved

Both windows/linux GUI wallets are live. Don't have a mac to test/build on so no go there.

https://github.com/Pennykoin/QTPenny/releases
PesoAmericano

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:59:14 AM

reserved

Both windows/linux GUI wallets are live. Don't have a mac to test/build on so no go there.

https://github.com/Pennykoin/QTPenny/releases

Mining not working, tried on claymore also and it's not working neither.

IP and Port included in wallet are 185.106.122.31:4333

Are those up and working? Someone is already mining. Already on block 40
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 01:00:33 AM

Ahh, shit, no pool is up at this time, I will hotfix that out of the GUI client, sorry.

ATM it's only single cpu mining, there are a handful of people going already.
PesoAmericano

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:01:49 AM

I started mining with the GUI wallet and no joy.
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 01:07:25 AM

See above, no pool up just yet. My two VPS are handling seed nodes & the block explorer.

To mine in CLI, start the daemon, and either start the wallet and initiate mining there, or enter "start_mining  walletaddress X" Where X is the number of threads,
PesoAmericano

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:15:26 AM

See above, no pool up just yet. My two VPS are handling seed nodes & the block explorer.

To mine in CLI, start the daemon, and either start the wallet and initiate mining there, or enter "start_mining  walletaddress X" Where X is the number of threads,

It is working now! Thanks
hieunm4coin

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:41:41 AM

What is this error?
Error polling getblocktemplate {"code":-4,"message":"Failed to parse wallet address"}

My wallet address: PkRQegN4k6yWXF4iCxVZXyhuX5F1Fw9pVS1pAoFSbxcHQnZV3pEUsf6ibLobU29kBrjRbKdYngSprQ

Currently coin not support cryptonight pool?
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 01:52:02 AM

What is this error?
Error polling getblocktemplate {"code":-4,"message":"Failed to parse wallet address"}

My wallet address: PkRQegN4k6yWXF4iCxVZXyhuX5F1Fw9pVS1pAoFSbxcHQnZV3pEUsf6ibLobU29kBrjRbKdYngSprQ

Currently coin not support cryptonight pool?

I don't have a spare VPS to set up a pool just yet, it is solo mining only, sorry.
bitwookie

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 01:53:40 AM

solo mining with GPU's?
baccar

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 02:15:05 AM

If you are interested to spread the word to more than 400 million people who are crypto-enthusiastic translating the project into Arabic , pm me

Davidboon

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:15:54 AM

How can i solo mine on windows
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 03:03:22 AM

How can i solo mine on windows

Once you're downloaded the CLI packager start the daemon (pkdaemon) then you start the wallet, create a wallet and use the command start_mining
bitwookie

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 03:06:42 AM

is there a username/pass and port for solo?
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 03:53:15 AM

is there a username/pass and port for solo?

Nope, as long as you have a wallet file loaded, it will mine to that wallet.
uzgidebas

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:07:40 AM

Can you at least share pool so we can manually add?
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:12:08 AM

"Transfers are fairly expensive at 2 pennies each"

Just wondering why?

Also,

If you put up a youtube video showing step by step how to mine your coin, in an easy to understand way that even my grandma could follow, you may get many newbies involved with your coin because you take the time to help them when other "high profile" coins wont.

cecilia1

Activity: 180

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:19:29 AM

How to run CLI wallet?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: