Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:41:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe's Signatureless Challenge: Win $25 + 4 Merits every week! (PAUSED)  (Read 844 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BTCforJoe (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 12:32:42 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2018, 03:57:24 PM by BTCforJoe
Merited by bitmover (1)

THE CHALLENGE IS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Please read my official announcement regarding this matter by clicking here and here

This challenge was designed to help eliminate spam and shitposts from the forums.
In return, you could be rewarded for posting quality content and contributing to BitcoinTalk.

ROUND 7 WILL CLOSE ON SUNDAY, MAY 20, 7:59PM (GMT -6)
You may submit your application for Round 7 until Wednesday, May 16 at 9:00PM (GMT -6).

To date, a total of $205 (in the form of BTC0.02728036) and 106 Merits have been awarded throughout 5 weekly rounds of this challenge.
Round Winners (Announcements): 123456

Welcome to Joe's Signatureless Challenge.

Round 6 has commenced and will award (up to) five winners the following prizes:
(refresh the page if the Bitcoin prices do not show up correctly)

First Place
$20USD () or $25USD* () • 4 Merits
(Cash prize sponsored by BTCforJoe. Merit prize sponsored by DarkStar_)
*read the second post for bonus payment details.

—————

Second Place
$10USD () • 2 Merits
(Sponsored by bill gator [$10] and BTCforJoe [2 Merits])

—————

Third Place
$5USD () • 1 Merit
(Sponsored by bill gator [$5], BTCforJoe [1 Merit]

—————

Consolation Prize
(only available for Newbies/Jr. Members)

1 Merit
(sponsored by LoyceV [1 Merit]

—————

Bonus Prize
(only available for Newbies)

2 Merits
(sponsored by Heisenberg_Hunter)

As it currently stands (April 9, 2018), there will be up to five winners (First Place, Second Place, Third Place, Consolation Prize [Newbie or Jr. Member only], and Bonus Prize [Newbie only]) selected every Sunday by approximately 11:00PM (GMT -6). Participants are eligible to win multiple times throughout the duration of this challenge, but cannot win the First Place prize two consecutive weeks in a row.

How do I enter the challenge, and what are the rules?
• This challenge is available to any and all English-speaking members (Newbies thru Legendary) of BitcoinTalk.
• Negative trust members are permitted.
You must not be wearing any signature that belongs to any paid signature campaign.
• You can [optionally] choose to wear my signature (code in the following post) for a chance at a bonus $5
• You are permitted to have your own signature if you choose not to wear the optional signatures below
• You cannot apply for any paid signature campaigns while you are an active participant in any round of this challenge.
• You can take a break from this challenge to join paid sig campaigns, and you'll be welcome back any time you please (given that this challenge is still ongoing), but the same rules will apply to you once you return.
Alt (alternate) accounts: The only rules that pertain to alt accounts are as follows: You may not enroll in any single round with more than one account simultaneously. If enrolling with an alt account, please provide full disclosure that the account you are enrolling is an alt of another account that has previously entered the challenge. Your alt account(s) will not be eligible to win the first place prize if any other of your accounts have won that prize in the previous round. If an alt account that hasn't been fully disclosed is discovered in the challenge, all accounts related to that alt will be banned from entering in the future.

When are the rounds, and how long do they last?
Each round lasts for 6d 23h 59m, from every Sunday at 8:00PM to the following Sunday at 7:59PM (GMT -6).

When are the cutoff dates to submit my application?
The cutoff for entering is every Monday at 9:00PM (GMT -6). Upon submitting your application prior to the cutoff, you will be eligible to participate for the current round, while applying after the cutoff will place you into the next week's round.

How do I win the challenge?
You simply have to have the most substantial posts (according to me) for the duration of the week. There will be a minimum of 7 posts required (this is just to gage and maintain daily activity; posts do not have to be made daily) for the week and no maximum. There is no post character minimum. Posts will be allowed in any topic on any board, as long as the topic and board are English-speaking. Off-topic? Sure. Gambling or Micro Earnings. Go ahead. Ivory Tower? Yup. Altcoin Discussion? Sure, why not? As long as your posts are knowledgeable or contributive to the given dialogue of the topic, you'll earn points in my book. I won't disclose my criteria, but I will commit to going through every participant's post history for the week to ensure that a winner is chosen fairly.

To apply for the challenge, please fill out this Google Form and submit your application.

YOU MUST SUBMIT A NEW APPLICATION EVERY WEEK THAT YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE.

NOTE: You do not need to submit a BTC address at this time. You can always submit it if/when you win the challenge. However, please note that if you do not provide your BTC address within a week after being declared a winner of a challenge, you will forfeit your winnings, which will then be re-allocated into the prize purse for future rounds.

IMPORTANT NOTE: As I am a huge proponent of SegWit, you must provide a nested P2SH SegWit address in order to be eligible to win any Bitcoin/cash prizes. Please update to a SegWit-enabled address and provide it in your future applications. To learn more about SegWit, click here: SegWit on Wikipedia • SegWit newbie? Use GreenAddress

Click here to view the challenge spreadsheet (updated weekly)

Escrow Address: 37ZhBrGgw6BSghMQnPi4ixdmRBLxBTAXCf (current balance: "Balance loading...") (view on Blockchain)
This address will only be used to fund this challenge. All transactions from this address will be recorded in this thread. If you would like to make a donation to this challenge, please feel free to do so.

Transactions (by winning position):
Round 1: 1st (A) 1st (B) 2nd | Round 2: 2nd 3rd | Round 3: 1st 2nd | Round 4: 2nd | Round 5: 1st 2nd

This challenge was inspired by a dialogue with forum member bill gator upon reading a post where he challenged a sig spammer to make quality posts, whereas he would pay that user $10 if he was able to stop shitposting (as can be seen here). Good luck, everyone, and thanks for doing your part to help make the forums a better place! Cheesy

This specific thread is a continuation of the challenge from its original thread, which can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3055616.0. It has been recreated in order to allow self-moderation, to be able to keep the thread easy-to-read and manageable.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCforJoe (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 12:32:53 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2018, 09:16:17 PM by BTCforJoe

How can I win an extra $5?
To be eligible to win an additional $5USD (for a total of $25USD), use the following signatures (designed & donated by hugeblack [click here to hire him to design your signature]) or use your own signature (Members and above), as long as it includes the words "Joe's Signatureless Challenge" anywhere in the description and a link to this thread.

If your signature is removed at any time throughout the round that you're enrolled in, the spreadsheet will reflect that you have removed the signature and you will not be eligible for the bonus reward.

Newbie:

I'm part of a movement to make the forums better.

Code:
I'm part of a movement to make the forums better.

Jr. Member:

▬▬▬ I'm part of a movement to help make the forums a better place and free it of spam:▬▬▬
█ █  http://bit.ly/SigFreeNew  █ █

Code:
[center]
▬▬▬ I'm part of a movement to help make the forums a better place and free it of spam:▬▬▬
█ █  http://bit.ly/SigFreeNew  █ █[/center]

Member:

❍   BTCforJoe  ❍       ▬▬▬▬[ win up to $25USD and 4 Merits  every week ]▬▬▬▬  
▬▬[   Do you think your posts are better quality than mine? ]▬▬
▬▬  join Joe's Signatureless Challenge ▬▬

Code:
[center][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=557989]  ❍   BTCforJoe  ❍      [/url] ▬▬▬▬[ win up to [b]$25USD and 4 Merits [/b]  every week ]▬▬▬▬   
▬▬[[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3784164.0]   [u]Do you think your posts are better quality than mine?[/u] [/url]]▬▬
▬▬  join Joe's Signatureless Challenge ▬▬[/center]

Full Member:

Code:
[center][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=557989][font=rockwell][b][color=#FF9A00]  ❍  [font=agency fb] [color=#2B3043]BTCforJoe[/color][/font]  ❍      [/url][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3784164.0][font=rockwell][color=#333] ▬▬▬▬[ win up to [b]$25USD and 4 Merits [/b]  every week ]▬▬▬▬   
[font=arial black][b][color=#333]▬▬[  [color=#FF9A00] [u]Do you [color=#E58B00]think your [color=#CB7C00]posts are [color=#B16D00]better quality [color=#975E00]than mine?[/u][/color] [color=#333]]▬▬[/color][/url]
[font=rockwell][b][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3784164.0][color=#333]▬▬  join Joe's Signatureless Challenge ▬▬[/center]

Sr. Member:

Code:
[center][table][tr][td][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=557989][tt][size=2px][font=monospace][color=#2B3043]                               ▄▓                   ▄▓▄
                             ▄[color=#FF9A00]▓▒▒▓[/color]▄               ▄▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒[/color]▓▄
                           ▄▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓▓▄          ▄▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓▄
                         ▄██▒▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓▓▄   ▄▄▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓██▄
                       ▄█▓███▓▒▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓█[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓▓▒█████▄
                     ▄██▓█████▓▓▀▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓███▒▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓▒▓▒█████▌██▄
                    ▄██▌██████▌▒▓▒▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒[/color]█████▒▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒[/color]▓▒▓▓▒███████▓██▄
                   ▐███████████[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒[/color]▓░▓▓░███████▄▓▓▀▄▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒[/color]▓███████████▌
                   ███▄▀████████[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒[/color]▓▄ ▓▒██████▒▄░▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒[/color]█████████▒███
                  ███████▄▀█████▌[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]████[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]██████▀████████▌
                  ██████████▄█▀██[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]████[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓███▀▄███▀[color=#FF9A00]▒▒[/color]█  █ ▄▄▄  ▄▄███▄
                  ███████████▀▄███[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]██▓█▀▀█[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒[/color]███▄████[color=#FF9A00]▒[/color]█[color=#FF9A00]▒▓[/color]▌ ▐██▀▀ ██▀ ▄▌ █
                  ███▓██▓█▀▄███████[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒[/color]███▌▄████▄███▓▓█  █▄▄[color=#FF9A00]▒▒[/color]█ ▐█  █  ▀  ▐▀ █▀▀█
            ▄▄▄▄████▓█▀ ██▀▀███▓▓██▌▒████▓█▀▐█▌ █▀  ▐█▀  ███▀▀▄  █  ██ ▄█  ██▀ ▄██
           █  ▒▄  ██▓█▄██▌ ███▀▀▀███▀   ▐█▀ █▀  ▄█  █ █▌ ██ ██  ██    █▌▄█▄▄▄█▀▀▄▀
          █▌ ██▀ █▌██ ▐██ ▐██ ▄█ ▐█  █▌ ▄▄ ▐   ██▌  ▄ ▄ ▄██▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀
         ▐▌  ▄▄▄  ██▌ █▀  █▀ ▐████  ▐▀ ▄█  ▄▌ ███▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀
      ▄█▀▀  ████  █▌ ▐ ▌  ▄█  ▀▀▄▄█▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀
    ▐█ ▄█  ▀█▀▀  ██  ▄█▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄ ▀▀▀
    ▐▌ ▀ ▄█▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀     ▄▄▄ ▀▀▀
         ▀▀▄▄       ▄▄ ▀▀▀
              ▀▀ ▀[/td]
[td][font=arial black][size=22pt][color=#333]▐[/td]
[td][center][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3784164.0][font=rockwell][size=12pt][color=#FF9A00]Do you [color=#E58B00]think your [color=#CB7C00]posts are [color=#B16D00]better quality [color=#975E00]than mine?
[size=12pt][color=transparent]..............[color=#36474F]join Joe's Signatureless Challenge [/color]...............[/color][/size][/td]
[td][font=arial black][size=24pt][color=#333]▌[/td][td][center][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3784164.0][font=arial black][size=11px][color=#333]win up to
[color=transparent].,[color=#FF9A00][b]$25USD and 4 Merits
[color=#333]every week[/td][td][size=4pt][color=transparent].[/size]
[size=2px][tt][font=monospace][color=#FF9A00]                ▄██▄
          ▄█▓███▓██████▓█▌
        ▄▄███▀▀     ▀▀▀███▄▄
      █▓███▀            ▀████▌
      ▐███      ▄██       ███▌
     ▄███   ▐▄████▓███▄░   ███▄
    ▐████     ▀██████▀     ████
      █▓█     ▐█████▓     ▐██▌
      ████▄   ▀▀    ▀▀   ▄███▌
      ▀██▓██▄          ▄████▀▀
        ▄▒██████▄▄▄▄██████▐▄
       ▄▓█▒▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▄██▄
      ████▓████░ ▀▀ ▐████████▌
     ████▓████       ▐████▓██▓▌
          ███         ▀███
           ▀           ▐▀[/td][/tr][/table][/center]

Hero/Legendary:

Code:
[center][table][tr][td][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=557989][tt][size=2px][font=monospace][color=#2B3043]                               ▄▓                   ▄▓▄
                             ▄[color=#FF9A00]▓▒▒▓[/color]▄               ▄▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒[/color]▓▄
                           ▄▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓▓▄          ▄▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓▄
                         ▄██▒▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓▓▄   ▄▄▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓██▄
                       ▄█▓███▓▒▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓█[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓▓▒█████▄
                     ▄██▓█████▓▓▀▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓███▒▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓▒▓▒█████▌██▄
                    ▄██▌██████▌▒▓▒▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒[/color]█████▒▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒[/color]▓▒▓▓▒███████▓██▄
                   ▐███████████[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒[/color]▓░▓▓░███████▄▓▓▀▄▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒[/color]▓███████████▌
                   ███▄▀████████[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒[/color]▓▄ ▓▒██████▒▄░▓[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒[/color]█████████▒███
                  ███████▄▀█████▌[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]████[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]██████▀████████▌
                  ██████████▄█▀██[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]████[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]▓███▀▄███▀[color=#FF9A00]▒▒[/color]█  █ ▄▄▄  ▄▄███▄
                  ███████████▀▄███[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒▒[/color]██▓█▀▀█[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒[/color]███▄████[color=#FF9A00]▒[/color]█[color=#FF9A00]▒▓[/color]▌ ▐██▀▀ ██▀ ▄▌ █
                  ███▓██▓█▀▄███████[color=#FF9A00]▒▒▒▒▒[/color]███▌▄████▄███▓▓█  █▄▄[color=#FF9A00]▒▒[/color]█ ▐█  █  ▀  ▐▀ █▀▀█
            ▄▄▄▄████▓█▀ ██▀▀███▓▓██▌▒████▓█▀▐█▌ █▀  ▐█▀  ███▀▀▄  █  ██ ▄█  ██▀ ▄██
           █  ▒▄  ██▓█▄██▌ ███▀▀▀███▀   ▐█▀ █▀  ▄█  █ █▌ ██ ██  ██    █▌▄█▄▄▄█▀▀▄▀
          █▌ ██▀ █▌██ ▐██ ▐██ ▄█ ▐█  █▌ ▄▄ ▐   ██▌  ▄ ▄ ▄██▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀
         ▐▌  ▄▄▄  ██▌ █▀  █▀ ▐████  ▐▀ ▄█  ▄▌ ███▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀
      ▄█▀▀  ████  █▌ ▐ ▌  ▄█  ▀▀▄▄█▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀
    ▐█ ▄█  ▀█▀▀  ██  ▄█▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄ ▀▀▀
    ▐▌ ▀ ▄█▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀     ▄▄▄ ▀▀▀
         ▀▀▄▄       ▄▄ ▀▀▀
              ▀▀ ▀[/td]
[td][font=arial black][size=22pt][color=#333]▐[/td]
[td][center][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3784164.0][font=rockwell][size=12pt][color=#FF9A00]Do you [color=#E58B00]think your [color=#CB7C00]posts are [color=#B16D00]better quality [color=#975E00]than mine?
[size=12pt][glow=#36474F,0][color=transparent]..............[color=#fff]join Joe's Signatureless Challenge [/color]...............[/color][/glow][/size][/td]
[td][font=arial black][size=24pt][color=#333]▌[/td][td][center][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3784164.0][font=arial black][size=12px][color=#333]win up to
[glow=#36474F,1][color=transparent].,[color=#fff][b]$25USD and 4 Merits [color=transparent]..[color=#fff][/glow]
every week[/td][td][size=4pt][color=transparent].[/size]
[size=2px][tt][font=monospace][color=#FF9A00]                ▄██▄
          ▄█▓███▓██████▓█▌
        ▄▄███▀▀     ▀▀▀███▄▄
      █▓███▀            ▀████▌
      ▐███      ▄██       ███▌
     ▄███   ▐▄████▓███▄░   ███▄
    ▐████     ▀██████▀     ████
      █▓█     ▐█████▓     ▐██▌
      ████▄   ▀▀    ▀▀   ▄███▌
      ▀██▓██▄          ▄████▀▀
        ▄▒██████▄▄▄▄██████▐▄
       ▄▓█▒▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▄██▄
      ████▓████░ ▀▀ ▐████████▌
     ████▓████       ▐████▓██▓▌
          ███         ▀███
           ▀           ▐▀[/td][/tr][/table][/center]

BTCforJoe (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 12:33:06 AM

Do you support this cause?

If you would like to become a weekly sponsor to provide more slots for more signatureless winners, please post here or send me a PM.
If you would like to donate to this cause to help keep this challenge running as long as possible, please post here or send me a PM.
If you would like to become a Merit sponsor (so that I don't run the risk of expiring my sMerit), please post here or send me a PM.

Current Sponsors

bill gator: Full Sponsor for Second & Third Place
bill gator will reward the 2nd place position with $10USD and 1 Merit for their week's efforts (reference)
bill gator will reward the 3rd place position with $5USD and 1 Merit for their week's efforts.
The only stipulation is that the challenge must have a minimum of 25 participants for the current round. (reference)

DarkStar_: Merit Sponsor for Winner
DarkStar_ will reward the winner with 8 Merits on a weekly basis (reference)

LoyceV: Individual Merit Sponsor + Consolation Prize Sponsor
LoyceV has committed to occasionally meriting posts of participants of this challenge who are wearing the signature if (a) he sees them throughout the forums and (b) if the posts are meritorious.
Additionally, LoyceV is sponsoring a consolation prize eligible to Newbies and Jr. Members. (reference)

legendster: Merit Sponsor (12 Rounds)
legendster has committed to providing 1 merit per week (until Round 14) for a worthy Newbie or Jr. Member participant for each round. (reference)

Heisenberg_Hunter: Bonus Prize Sponsor
Heisenberg_Hunter has committed to providing 2 merits per week (until sMerits are all used) for the Newbie with the best posts. (reference)

Geraldo: Merit Sponsor (3rd Place, Round 6)
Geraldo has committed to providing a merit for the 3rd place prize for Round 6. (reference)

Backup Merit Sponsors

Oulay (reference)BossMacko (reference)ETFbitcoin (reference)JackpotRacer (reference)Kemarit (reference)

Sponsors Archive

hugeblack: Signature Designer
hugeblack has designed and donated the signatures for this challenge. Hire him to design your signatures by clicking here. (reference)

Geraldo: Merit Sponsor (13 Merits: Rounds 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Geraldo has repeatedly rewarded ranking winners of multiple rounds with a total of 11 merits.

BossMacko: Merit Sponsor (Round 1)
BossMacko has awarded 7 Merits in total to First (2 Merits), Second (2 Merits), and Third Place (3 Merits) winners for the winners of Round 1. (reference)

pugman: Cash Sponsor
pugman has sponsored and sent a transaction for 0.004BTC to be utilized for any way that is best for this challenge's participants, whether it is for future winners or bonuses. (reference: 12)

stompix: Cash Sponsor
stompix has sponsored $15 to award the first three ranks with an additional $5 each IF they beat out nullius for these positions.
In the event that nullius wins first place, $5 will be awarded to him, and the $10 balance will be rolled over into the prize purse for future rounds. (reference)

charlie137: Cash Sponsor
charlie137 has donated $5 towards the challenge. (txid)

Toughit: Cash Sponsor
Toughit has donated 0.003BTC to be awarded to any Full Member, Member, Jr. Member, or Newbie that beats nullius in rankings where he is eligible to win First Place. (reference)
This is a one-time offer to the first participant that beats nullius in any rounds where nullius is eligible to win the top prize.
Update: Because nullius has won First Place in Round 1, he has won $5, while the balance rolls over into future eligible rounds. nullius is no longer eligible to receive this specific reward, but the first user that naturally ranks higher than nullius will win the balance of 0.0025BTC.
Toughit has also rolled his winnings from Round 2 ($25) over to Round 3.

Sellingaccs: Consolation Prize Sponsor (Multiple Rounds)
Sellingaccs has sponsored a second consolation prize of 2 merits for Round 3. (reference)
Sellingaccs has sponsored 1 merit eligible to the first non-ranking Newbies or Jr. Member for Round 4 (reference)

Stedsm: Merit Sponsor (Multiple Rounds)
Stedsm has sponsored 3 merits for the 2nd place winner of Round 3. (reference)
Stedsm has sponsored 2 merits for the 2nd place winner of Round 4. (reference)

bitmover: Merit Sponsor (Round 5: 2nd & 3rd Place)
bitmover has provided 1 merit for each 2nd and 3rd place prizes. (reference)

Thank you to all of our sponsors for helping to shape BitcoinTalk.org into a better forum for all!

BTCforJoe (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 12:33:13 AM

RESERVED

BTCforJoe (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 12:54:09 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2018, 01:26:57 AM by BTCforJoe

Please apply to this week's round (Round 7) by clicking here: https://goo.gl/forms/lx0zeIO7z3502Ctk2

Were you a participant in Round 6? Don't worry, winners will still be chosen for Round 6 and announced this week. Thanks for your patience!

EDIT: Because there were only 6 qualified participants by the end of Round 6, I have decided to personally pay each of them with $10 of my own personal money (not from the challenge escrow). More about this here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3055616.msg37200865#msg37200865

I have decided to award all of the qualified participants of the last round with $10 in BTC, as we only had 6 of you who met the criteria for the last week that the challenge was held. I hope you don't mind that ONE of you lost out on an additional $15, but please note that you did so in order to share the winnings with 5 others.

If I may be honest, it would require way too much time for me to go through your post history to the last month in order to critique the proper posts for the week of the challenge, so I would rather pay you personally (not from the challenge escrow account) for being a participant in the challenge for the week that everything went awry lol.

With that said, will the following members please PM me their SegWit-enabled addresses so that I can get them their small bonuses:

max2607
Sellingaccs
shahzadafzal
Seetheummerallyeah: PAID (tx)
bitmover
r1s2g3

bill gator
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1123

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:01:10 AM
Merited by BTCforJoe (1)

It makes me very happy to see that the challenge is getting going again after a lot of downtime and forum changes. Seems like our threads have been moved around, edited and critiqued and now we can move forward in an improved fashion. That being said, I am happy to continue my sponsorship of everything I have already pledged. However, at this point I would like to remove my merit sponsorship(s). I still may or may not provide the winner(s) with merit, but I do not want anyone to expect it. I'm doing some deep consideration on how to distribute my merits moving forward, and while I have no regrets for where it has gone thus far, I do not want to cheapen merit.

So, just to be clear I will not be sponsoring merit in a fixed manner any longer and will distribute it more organically moving forward. I will continue my cash sponsorship and am considering increasing it, too. Good to see things back up and running, but aren't we missing the announcement of last round's winners?

▄█
   ▄██▌
 ▄████
▀▀▀█████▀
  ▐███▀
  ██▀
  ▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████
███████████████████
██████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██
██
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀▀█████████████████▀▀

▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█▀▀███████████▀▀█▄▄
▄████▄▄███████████▄▄████▄
█████
███▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
█████
██▀▄██████▀████▄▀███████
███████▀▄█████▀ ▐█████▄▀███████
██  ███ ████▀   ▀▀█████ ███  ██
██████▄▀█████  ▄█████▀▄██████
██████▄▀███▌▄██████▀▄██████
██
██████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
▀█
███▀▀███████████▀▀████▀
▀▀█▄▄███████████▄▄█▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████

██████████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
▀██
█████████▀   ▀███████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▀▀
..SPORTS  │  CASINO  │  ESPORTS..
..BET NOW..
bitmover
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 5879

bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 01:35:36 AM

I am very happy to see that the challenge is back!
Welcome back Joe!

If you would like to become a Merit sponsor (so that I don't run the risk of expiring my sMerit), please post here or send me a PM.

I would like to become a Merit sponsor!

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
BTCforJoe (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 01:41:19 AM

So, just to be clear I will not be sponsoring merit in a fixed manner any longer and will distribute it more organically moving forward. I will continue my cash sponsorship and am considering increasing it, too. Good to see things back up and running, but aren't we missing the announcement of last round's winners?

I actually prefer this! I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I have reduced the amount of merit that a user can win from this challenge. In the last couple of rounds, I have noticed the succession and increase of more participants that I consider to be "merit whores" applying to the challenge. I think the new structure will allow for a good balance between users who actually give a shit about wanting to improve the forums, wanting to earn some cash, and receiving merit as a reward for posting great content, rather than just the merit whores who make my duties of critiquing their posts that much harder...

Regarding the announcement of the last round's winners, I have decided to pay each of the six qualified participants with $10 each (from my personal pocket, not from the challenge escrow funds). More details can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3055616.msg37200865#msg37200865

I am very happy to see that the challenge is back!
Welcome back Joe!

I would like to become a Merit sponsor!

Great! Please PM me with your offer and desired sponsorship donation!

The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 06:16:13 AM

I really appreciate you for your good decision to help clean this forum and help to people those need to upgrade their rank. Most of merit holder selfish, only think himself. But you are totally different from them. You step will help to keep clean this forum. If all the member think same to you then this forum will be clean and fair. Thanks again and I am supporting your job. Go ahead.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16539

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 07:42:12 AM

Most of merit holder selfish, only think himself.
What makes you say that?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 01:20:31 PM

What makes you say that?

You might misunderstand dear, I mention most of. I didn't mention all merit holder. Because even some people make good post, no body leave them merit. If old member's does not help, there is no chance to upgrade new members. I am sorry if I wrong.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bitmover
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 5879

bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 01:33:32 PM

What makes you say that?

You might misunderstand dear, I mention most of. I didn't mention all merit holder. Because even some people make good post, no body leave them merit. If old member's does not help, there is no chance to upgrade new members. I am sorry if I wrong.

Anyone can leave merits to good comments. Even new members may have some sMerits if they received at least 2 merits. There are merit sources too, who gives merits to good posts (usually they give 2-3 merits for good comments).

It's very hard to find good posts to give merit. Most of the boards are flooded with shitposts, specially the altcoins sessions.
Most of the users spread misinformation and do not even do 1 google search before posting.

I think this competition is a great opportunity for new members to get a few merits and learn how improve post quality. It helped me, as I knew someone was going to really read my posts, so I was careful while writing them.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 04:30:43 PM

Since the merit prize has been reduced from 8 to 4 for the First Place, why it hasn't been updated in the signatures? Huh Joe, though the new signature is  updated with the new link, it should also be updated with the merit prize change right? and please check the PM I have sent you.
Probinus

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:06:28 PM

Wow! I would like to join here after i finish this campaign, i want to have a normal conversation again! I've been answering like a total block head for a couple of weeks! Placing this here for future references! Thank you!

KONIOS.com   |│  The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●  AIRDROP | LIVE  ●   ICO  |  July 1st   ●
Sellingaccs

Activity: 126
Merit: 50

Ask me for Pools, Nodes and Explorers.

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:09:04 PM

I will join again this campaign after my current campaign's posts have been counted.

Im just wondering when will the payment (10$) be sent for the last round. Not in a hurry, but would be nice to know the time Tongue

denyfirmasyahputra

Activity: 156
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:46:53 PM

I'm looking forward to joining this campaign, and it's great if to be accepted in this campaign
suhoyzakon

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:34:38 PM

hi! what with a round number seven? the first time I participate in similar campaigns and the result interests me very strongly. thx
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16539

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 03:53:55 PM

Consolation Prize
(only available for Newbies/Jr. Members)

3 Merits
(sponsored by LoyceV [3 Merits]
@OP: this needs to be corrected. I originally committed to give 2 Merit as a consolation prize, not 3. But per PM you've asked me to reduce it to 1, which makes it more in line with the other prizes. Either way, the OP should be corrected.

I'm willing to sponsor more Merit too, if needed (and deserved).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:19:33 PM

Hi mate, I would like to be a merit sponsor for first to third place for any upcoming round. I will always keep 7 sMerits available for this challenge.

By the way from last Monday, 21st to till now 24th May - I am wearing the link of this post voluntary. I PMed you for some queries but seems like you are busy. Don't mind to reply the PM, I am ok now.   

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
BTCforJoe (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 09:18:51 PM

Sorry, all, I have to pause this campaign again. I just got back from traveling, and we haven't had a good response in getting entries for Week 7, partly due to my lack of pushing and promoting this challenge.

It will be opened again when I have the time to dedicate more to it, more than likely in June, after the official launch of the company I've been working with.

Thanks for your patience, all.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: