Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:52:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 2.0, not l0coin  (Read 4179 times)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 07:51:40 AM

I like the idea of a degrading crypto currency. However I don't think that there should be any circumstances under which the coins don't degrade. If coins where able to be "refreshed" people would just create some wallets and move them back and forth between them.

If there were a natural logarithmic decay, coupled with asymptotically diminishing returns of mining this might lead to stronger deflationary tendencies though. But this depends on lentgth of the time period where inflation and equilibrium would occur. I think we would soon have enough data from bitcoin to maximize the beneficial effects of such currency.

On another note, why not expand the functionality of bitcoin itself? I'm not talking about actively changing the money generation mechanics but enable bitcoin to include different payloads. The transaction time might not be fast enough for some services though.    

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:15:07 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2011, 10:09:20 AM by Oldminer

it's not much of a lie though, iocoin, is simply a pump and dump.

And again, where's the proof?

LOL..wow some of you guys. Taken a look at ioucoin exchange rates lately?

you on & old miner seem to tag team everything involved with i0coin and worship the ground ixcoin came out on.

And tell me how that's any different to you 'circle-jerking' in a group?

As far as I'm concerned iocoin was dodgy from the very beginning - imo right from the outset no-one could mine. The creators of this scam deferred the release time after starting a countdown on a website that lasted a few days, with the excuse being they 'didnt allow for the time zone difference'..LOL. They then uploaded software that simply didnt exist on release and then they re-released it and the files were there but the software didnt work...lol... Then they had to release it again. Forum members such as 'smoothie' (now unsuprisingly big pushers of iocoin), and others, were screaming 'scam' at the top of their lungs (and probably going blue in the face) because they knew they were missing out on their big slice of the low difficulty pie. Once it did work for some people about an hour or more later (and I use the word 'work' grudgingly), IO Guild put a message up on their website along the lines of 'when you're finished with this ponzi scheme come mine Bitcoins at BT Guild' (I'm not sure how much more obvious you can make it than that..). And then this message was promptly taken down when some of the people mining ioucoins took offence to it. Seriously...the whole thing stinks. Course there's people on the exchange now trying to flog off their coins to anyone silly enough to buy..

As it stands atm, out of curiosity Ive decided to make a closer inspection of this new gimmick and it seems the iocoind.exe is unable to launch the server and have it stay up for more than a few minutes. The only way around this is to close the 'connection' to the server & relaunch it.

Steer clear of this mess...

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:41:18 AM

it's not much of a lie though, iocoin, is simply a pump and dump.

And again, where's the proof?

LOL..wow some of you guys. Taken a look at ioucoin exchange rates lately?

you on & old miner seem to tag team everything involved with i0coin and worship the ground ixcoin came out on.

And tell me how that's any different to you 'circle-jerking' in a group?

As far as I'm concerned iocoin was dodgy from the very beginning - imo right from the outset no-one could mine. The creators of this scam uploaded software that simply didnt exist on release and then they re-released it and the files were there but the software didnt work...lol... Then they had to release it again. Forum members such as 'smoothie' (now unsuprisingly big pushers of iocoin), and others, were screaming 'scam' at the top of their lungs (and probably going blue in the face) because they knew they were missing out on their big slice of the low difficulty pie. Once it did work for some people about an hour or more later (and I use the word 'work' grudgingly), IO Guild put a message up on their website along the lines of 'when you're finished with this ponzi scheme come mine Bitcoins at BT Guild' (I'm not sure how much more obvious you can make it than that..). And then this message was promptly taken down when some of the people mining ioucoins took offence to it. Seriously...the whole thing stinks. Course there's people on the exchange now trying to flog off their coins to anyone silly enough to buy..

LOL second reference you gave me. I must have struck a nerve to be mentioned twice in your posts. Thank you! LOL

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:51:57 AM

LOL second reference you gave me. I must have struck a nerve to be mentioned twice in your posts. Thank you! LOL

LOL...no just your one of the main players in/pushers of iocoin AND your easy game Smiley

So..care to comment on my post about you having a big cry when the launch of iocoin failed as it did? Happy how it all eventually panned out are we? Dump complete?

LMAO

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 10:08:14 AM

LOL...no just your one of the main players in/pushers of iocoin AND your easy game Smiley

So..care to comment on my post about you having a big cry when the launch of iocoin failed as it did? Happy how it all eventually panned out are we? Dump complete?

LMAO

How am I pushing i0coin?

And yes the developer fucked up on the launch as I indicated. Less profit for me lol.

At least this guy gave the ability to start at block zero in mining and not block 2016*3. lol

Easy game? I find it much more fun to watch you make snyde comments about others and i0coin and then not be able to backup your comments when intelligent questions come along. When those questions come flying you are getting back aches dodging.

LOL  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 10:22:36 AM

And yes the developer fucked up on the launch as I indicated. Less profit for me lol.

Indeed. So now your saying you don't think there was any funny business going on at launch  Huh

I find it much more fun to watch you make snyde comments about others and i0coin and then not be able to backup your comments when intelligent questions come along. When those questions come flying you are getting back aches dodging.

LOL...its not my 'job' or place to answer the questions. I didnt create iXcoins as I have stated many many times before in this forum. To continue to claim I created iXcoins, without proof, is like me claiming your Elvis. It just makes you just look silly.. Wink

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 10:27:07 AM

Indeed. So now your saying you don't think there was any funny business going on at launch  Huh

I find it much more fun to watch you make snyde comments about others and i0coin and then not be able to backup your comments when intelligent questions come along. When those questions come flying you are getting back aches dodging.

LOL...its not my 'job' or place to answer the questions. I didnt create iXcoins as I have stated many many times before in this forum. To continue to claim I created iXcoins, without proof, is like me claiming your Elvis. It just makes you just look silly.. Wink

So then your job is to troll other cryptocurrencies that make an attempt to fix issues that need to be fixed in Fixcoin? Should be interesting to see ixcoin difficulty adjusts on its own over time as the hashrate on the network goes elsewhere.

I'm sorry but at least my signature is not promoting either ixcoin or i0coin as you claim I promote.

LOL

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

brandon@sourcewerks

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 11:28:13 AM

I'm not having the same problems with the client in server mode.  Mine has been running for 38 hours with no hiccups and mined 248 blocks.
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 11:58:34 AM

I'm sorry but at least my signature is not promoting either ixcoin or i0coin as you claim I promote.

No your right. Your simply here for personal gain. You push whatever currency is making $$. If next week iXcoin is all the rage you will promote that. You personally - stand for nothing.

ArtForz

Activity: 406
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 12:19:32 PM

I'm not having the same problems with the client in server mode.  Mine has been running for 38 hours with no hiccups and mined 248 blocks.
Had a bunch of lockups thanks to the NTP stuff, fixed by adding a timeout.

No your right. Your simply here for personal gain. You push whatever currency is making $$. If next week iXcoin is all the rage you will promote that. You personally - stand for nothing.
Baseless personal attack. Or Mr. Oldtroll here has a magic crystal ball showing him the future actions of another person.

bitcoin: 1Fb77Xq5ePFER8GtKRn2KDbDTVpJKfKmpz
i0coin: jNdvyvd6v6gV3kVJLD7HsB5ZwHyHwAkfdw
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 12:29:48 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2011, 12:49:35 PM by Oldminer

Baseless personal attack.

Baseless post.

Perhaps your next post could offer something constructive? It seems to be seriously lacking around here of late..

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 12:36:31 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2011, 12:57:51 PM by psy

Baseless post.

Btw, welcome to the forum. Perhaps your next post could offer something constructive?

Oh, boy, now you shown how ignorant you are... again!

You really don't know who ArtForz is, do you? lol

A little pearl from ArtForz profile page
Date Registered:    July 24, 2010, 10:51:31 pm

And while your at it, read this https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/ArtForz

When you get your own wiki page, you can talk, you baseless moron!

But i suspect that not even on your dear Ixcon wiki you'll have one...

Wiki pages describing you as the biggest ninnyhammer in the bitcoin forum don't count  Roll Eyes
mike85123

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 12:36:58 PM

Baseless post.
Btw, welcome to the forum. Perhaps your next post could offer something constructive?
HOLYSHIT! Constructive? Have you had a constructive post since people found out who you were?  Starting to get sick of reading about you and smoothie going back and forth.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 02:12:41 PM

Baseless post.
HOLYSHIT! Constructive? Have you had a constructive post since people found out who you were?  Starting to get sick of reading about you and smoothie going back and forth.

+1 You would think he had more important things to do given he stands for something (i.e. ixcoins).

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 06:46:06 AM

there are people heavy in ixcoin that are pissed off I0coin came out specifically to bring to light the many scammy aspects of it.

Oldminer is plural now? Smiley

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 06:51:41 AM

+1 You would think he had more important things to do given he stands for something (i.e. ixcoins).

I don't stand for ixcoins, I sit down for them. See my signature. Smiley

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
Zoomer

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 09:48:18 PM

I like the idea of a degrading crypto currency. However I don't think that there should be any circumstances under which the coins don't degrade.
You refer to degradation of value. Inflation takes care of that.
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 04:45:35 PM

Once again, for the record, decreasing the time between blocks solves nothing. There's nothing magical about that sixth confirmation except that it took about an hour of processing time to reach. If blocks were found every 5 minutes instead of 10 we'd be waiting for 12 confirmations to get the same level of security.
There's definitely something magical about the first confirmation though; accepting coins after one confirmation is a lot riskier than accepting them after two no matter what the interval between blocks is, at least for reasonable intervals. Remember that malicious miners aren't the only threat; it's also possible to exploit natural block chain forks, and single-block orphan blocks are a lot more probable than double ones. (Also: if a big miner or pool redirects their mining power to attempt a double-spend, I think it should be easier to detect statistically with 5-minute blocks and 12 confirmations required.)

Folks who were part of the ixcoin and i0coin launches should ESPECIALLY know this since the various exchanges and pools were all making you wait 50, 100 or at one point 1,000 blocks before coins could be considered "confirmed" because multiple blocks were being found each SECOND. It also illustrates nicely that if the amount of time between blocks were to be set too low, multiple miners would "find" a block at once and the network would argue over which was valid for a bit, which would create constant horizontal branching and orphaned transactions.
That would be an example of an unreasonable interval. Anything less than a minute is likely to cause breakage.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:37:08 PM

How about instead of people creating useless copies of the bitcoin currency, such as l0coin, people take a look at how bitcoin can be improved. There may not be much room for bitcoin 2.0, but any future p2p currency will have to significantly improve on bitcoin.

Here is one such idea - just an example. How do you recover lost bitcoins to prevent the eventual death of bitcoin in a generation or two? What about creating a coin system where coins that have sat inactive for over a year become mine-able again. That way, if someone stops moving their bitcoins around annually, they lose them. This would not only keep the currency alive after all the original players have died, but will encourage people to spend the coins everytime they are "renewed".

Don't just start creating bitcoin clones that are essentially scams doomed to fail.

Bitcoin 1.0 can be much better...
Bitcoin 2.0... Can be awesome!

If we talk less and do more...

Best!
Thiago

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 08:40:15 PM

k skipped most of this feed, but i did notice one thing the author had to say which brought something to mind. say the govt bought 7 mill btc. put em on a flash drive, and then put it in the microwave! what do we do then.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

- Oscar Wilde
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: