Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:15:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox canceled my account and stole my money  (Read 1714 times)
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:26:07 PM

Thank you for posting this. I'm new to altcoins and I've been looking around for a trading platform, but since I've read nasty stories about them closing accounts and stealing money I've reluctant to deposit any money. I also think that it is against one of the fundamentals of altcoins and that is that people would like to stay anonymous. I don't know either what the best option is or what you should do in this instance.
icem3lter

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:33:03 PM

Thank you for posting this. I'm new to altcoins and I've been looking around for a trading platform, but since I've read nasty stories about them closing accounts and stealing money I've reluctant to deposit any money. I also think that it is against one of the fundamentals of altcoins and that is that people would like to stay anonymous.

I agree, use localbitcoins and face to face trade for cash.
Keep Exchanges to professional traders

augustoandrade (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:38:11 PM

Ok, i will send the documents to mtgox, but what is an apostille ?

In brazil, we have notary's office that authenticates documents...

if i authenticate my driver license and send to mtgox, will resolve the problem ?
AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:39:25 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2015, 12:31:27 AM by AirFlame

Well send them the documents and i think they will unblock Your money and You will be able to send them or cash them.

What is a apostille:
Apostille (apostille) (fr.. Apostille) - certifying a document drawn up in one country (eg a notarial act, a sworn translation or copy of the certificate of marital status) for legal use it in another country
reannypleas

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:43:26 PM

Ok, i will send the documents to mtgox, but what is an apostille ?

In brazil, we have notary's office that authenticates documents...

if i authenticate my driver license and send to mtgox, will resolve the problem ?

I guess you need some utility bill and ID card
So you are sure your not wasting notary's and postage cost

augustoandrade (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:45:38 PM

i live with my parents, i dont have any utility bill in my name, one utility bill in my fathers name serves?
AirFlame

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:47:49 PM

i live with my parents, i dont have any utility bill in my name, one utility bill in my fathers name serves?

One important question did You use more than one account in that system and other one how old are You ?
augustoandrade (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:58:07 PM

One important question did You use more than one account in that system and other one how old are You ?

I did not use more than one account, what happened is that 1 year ago I created an account on the site, but I was still a minor (in Brazil the majority is from the age of 18) then put it aside for not have problems.

this year, when I became of age, I created an account on MtGox (I could not remember who had one made last year), I sent the documents to them, all right.

they checked my account and everything was fine.

I deposited some btc and started to make some trades.

a week later when I went to withdraw my btc, I saw that the system asked for account verification, so I went in to see the support for that problem.

the rest is in print before I posted ...

on the second question, I'm 18 years old today.
AirFlame

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:03:06 PM

I did not use more than one account, what happened is that 1 year ago I created an account on the site, but I was still a minor (in Brazil the majority is from the age of 18) then put it aside for not have problems.

this year, when I became of age, I created an account on MtGox (I could not remember who had one made last year), I sent the documents to them, all right.

they checked my account and everything was fine.

I deposited some btc and started to make some trades.

a week later when I went to withdraw my btc, I saw that the system asked for account verification, so I went in to see the support for that problem.

the rest is in print before I posted ...

on the second question, I'm 18 years old today.

If Your first account was the same name adress etc like the other one they block it. You need to send them the info tho. Ask them can You send them the "driver license" with the Apostille certifying document. If not well You will have to send them what they ask for.
augustoandrade (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:20:14 PM

I called the lawyer to ask for the apostile ...

he told me that yes it is possible but it will cost a high value and will take between 2 to 6 months to get ready (in Brazil, EVERYTHING takes longer to be done)

then to say that I lost this money?
I've tried to ask support pro MtGox what I have to send if you have any alternative to the book, they only respond to standard and nothing more.
feebs

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:28:31 PM

i am not surprise this happened, mtgox introduces to their customers the option to send money via okpay, okpay is a scammer company who stole my $2000 more than 40 days ago, ever since i wired my money, this mtgox fund processor partner ignored all my support tickets, even deleted half of my complaint support tickets, there are more but you get the idea

word of caution, btc-e also uses okpay

mtgox and btc-e have questionable reputation simply because they endorse okpay a scammer company to their customers

AirFlame

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:28:53 PM

he told me that yes it is possible but it will cost a high value and will take between 2 to 6 months to get ready (in Brazil, EVERYTHING takes longer to be done)

I've tried to ask support pro MtGox what I have to send if you have any alternative to the book, they only respond to standard and nothing more.

Lost no. Ask them what they need so You will be not able to send wrong id with apostile. And then pay and wait for the apostile to be done and send them. Did You told them You have created new account because You forgot about the old one ? Did You logged to the Old one account when You had a new one ?
augustoandrade (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:34:58 PM

Lost no. Ask them what they need so You will be not able to send wrong id with apostile. And then pay and wait for the apostile to be done and send them. Did You told them You have created new account because You forgot about the old one ? Did You logged to the Old one account when You had a new one ?

I logged in I only old account when support told me that I had to delete it, I did not even remember she existed ...

I logged into it and deleted the account as support guided me.

Now, I can not log into any of the accounts, or recover the password, it looks like they erased the main account too.
Sephera

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 04:58:52 PM

Total scam I advise that everyone stop using Mt Gox. Could be the employee ripping people off too. The support exchange was bad. Total scam. DO NOT USE MT GOX.
AirFlame

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:03:51 PM

Well for me it's little odd that they told You to delete the old account and they blocked Your new one. So You will need to send them the information they ask.
kuverty

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:28:43 PM

I did the verification when they threatened to close my account. I sent a certificate of residence and a copy of my passport, both sealed with an apostille. The first time they did not get it, only on the second time when I used registered mail.
AirFlame

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:01:56 PM

I did the verification when they threatened to close my account. I sent a certificate of residence and a copy of my passport, both sealed with an apostille. The first time they did not get it, only on the second time when I used registered mail.

And they unlock Your account ? Did You move your money from them ?
kuverty

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:07:57 PM

And they unlock Your account ? Did You move your money from them ?

They did! And I moved my money out.
I got the apostille from a public notary and I got it the same day, waiting at the office. The notarization and apostilles for three documents were about 30 €. Sure you have public notaries in Brazil?

Also, an utility bill with your father's name won't do. I was not able to use an utility bill because you can't notarize that, it has to be an official document, with signatures or similar. So I got a proof of residence. Someone asked if Mt. Gox accepts a driver's license; they do.
LordSloth

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:35:54 PM

If you look at the various bitcoin exchanges, you notice that some have a higher price than others.  MtGox is currently the exchange with the highest rate (when standardized on a common currency).  That's indicates an increased risk.  People charge more for bit coins on MtGox , because there is a greater chance of them losing their proceeds.

When looking for an exchange, do the following:

Pick one with lower BitCoin Quotes (when standarized against a common currency ie. USD)
From the list of these candidates, pick one with high volume  (ussualy goes hand in hand with above)
and tend to choose one in your own country or close by.
If you live in a country, where they tend to shoot you, if you complain; pick a stable democracy instead.

I went with an exchange in my own country.  That way, I don't have to travel half way around the world to break somebodies kneecaps, if they defraud me Smiley
hamdi

Activity: 826

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:17:36 PM

good luck. tell us how it turned out.

too bad the largest exchange can not be trusted.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: