Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:00:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AAQ (Actually asked questions) for Spend Bitcoins  (Read 19940 times)
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 03:33:34 AM

Coles Myer Group
The $5.50 shipping fee charged by Coles/Myer is now automatically calculated into your total.

this is actually still not clear. for a 200 card, should i type 200 or should i type 205.5?

i thought the former, but the bitcoin amount charged didn't seem to include a charge for the 5.5

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 04:26:04 AM

Coles Myer Group
The $5.50 shipping fee charged by Coles/Myer is now automatically calculated into your total.

this is actually still not clear. for a 200 card, should i type 200 or should i type 205.5?

i thought the former, but the bitcoin amount charged didn't seem to include a charge for the 5.5

Whoops! My bad. I changed the description when the programmer added the ability to add a fee but didn't change it back when it turned out the fee caused errors. I'll change that back now (it's the latter).

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 12:24:39 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2012, 01:24:14 PM by Vandroiy

Why is Amazon suspended?

What bad timing, I finally wanted to test this service, and just now it's offline. Sad

Any chance of it coming online again in the next days? I'd need the order rather soon.

Edit: specifically amazon.de. I found another shop that's close by and has it -- but no Bitcoin spending then. Undecided
titeuf_87

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 12:36:14 PM

About Amazon: is it just the .com one that's suspended and the .fr one still works?

I guess I should have asked that before placing my order, heh.

15kfBM3TQ4PGzL7cKncU3su2pH7ZJmiLtr

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 02:41:01 PM

About Amazon: is it just the .com one that's suspended and the .fr one still works?

I guess I should have asked that before placing my order, heh.

Hi there,

Sorry. The form actually should have been disabled, but was left working by accident. None of the Amazons are working at the moment. Please forward your order details and a bitcoin refund address to jeremyATspendbitcoins.com and I'll refund your bitcoins.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Jeremy

titeuf_87

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 02:46:38 PM

Hi there,

Sorry. The form actually should have been disabled, but was left working by accident. None of the Amazons are working at the moment. Please forward your order details and a bitcoin refund address to jeremyATspendbitcoins.com and I'll refund your bitcoins.

Jeremy
Aww ok, I hope you get it fixed soon Smiley

15kfBM3TQ4PGzL7cKncU3su2pH7ZJmiLtr

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 02:51:35 PM

Hi there,

Jeremy
Aww ok, I hope you get it fixed soon Smiley

Me too!

BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 01:23:50 AM

What's the ETA on the current Paypal suspension? I want to sell a few BTC and wonder whether to hold on or look for an alternative.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2012, 04:36:14 AM

What's the ETA on the current Paypal suspension? I want to sell a few BTC and wonder whether to hold on or look for an alternative.

Hi there,

I've just got back online from a one week vacation where I had limited internet access & no phone access. Our CTO was handling orders.

I'm calling PayPal tomorrow and will hopefully have an ETA then.

PaulC2K

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 04:20:16 AM

Hi Jeremy,

Stick me in the same boat, you're the only person/service ive used for BTC Cheesy So im really hopeful that the PayPal payment comes back as theres obviously more risk on the receiving end of PP to BTC, and finding someone new to trust with an irreversible transaction is tough, and i can happily say i trust SpendBitCoins (admittedly only around 10BTC at a time), so it will just be a pain in the backside checking out the rest, its time i'd rather use elsewhere.

If it cant be done, thanks for everything at least, finding your site made joining the bitcoin community easier.

Paul

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 04:47:25 AM

Hi Jeremy,

Stick me in the same boat, you're the only person/service ive used for BTC Cheesy So im really hopeful that the PayPal payment comes back as theres obviously more risk on the receiving end of PP to BTC, and finding someone new to trust with an irreversible transaction is tough, and i can happily say i trust SpendBitCoins (admittedly only around 10BTC at a time), so it will just be a pain in the backside checking out the rest, its time i'd rather use elsewhere.

If it cant be done, thanks for everything at least, finding your site made joining the bitcoin community easier.

Paul

Hi there,

Unfortunately we are no longer supporting PayPal (https://spendbitcoins.zendesk.com/entries/21806042-spend-bitcoins-out-of-the-us-market). Check out bitinstant. They payout via PayPal. Don't take only my word for it, but I've dealt extensively with one of the owners (Roger Ver) and have had nothing but the best experiences.

P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 08:00:34 PM

Jeremy,

You mentioned problems in the US. Is there any chance you will reenable amazon.uk vouchers? Pretty please ? Smiley

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 03:59:21 AM

Jeremy,

You mentioned problems in the US. Is there any chance you will reenable amazon.uk vouchers? Pretty please ? Smiley

Hi there,

Unfortunately we do not plan to bring this service back. I believe many of our ordering issues on Amazon had to do with the sheer number of orders we did from a foreign IP. Perhaps someone in the UK should start this. Perhaps you? Smiley

P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 09:27:22 AM

I dont live in the UK either, and I am about the last person to start a venture like this.
But if the problem is merely one of IPs, then a VPS or UK based proxy should take care of that, no?

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 10:08:13 AM

I dont live in the UK either, and I am about the last person to start a venture like this.
But if the problem is merely one of IPs, then a VPS or UK based proxy should take care of that, no?

IPs, billing addresses, customer service nightmares, and little profit to compensate. It just didn't fit in with the direction we're headed unfortunately. Again, I hope someone else picks up the ball though because the whole reason I started Spend Bitcoins was for that service to exist, and it saddened me to let it go.

ptshamrock

Activity: 484

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 01:46:21 PM

Hi!

why were the Auspost Load& Go suspended?

very bad ;(

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
bitcoinsydney

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 06:27:16 AM

Hi!

very bad ;(

I'm wondering the same thing. Jeremy said the money got sent back, but when I called auspost up (and paid $4 for the pleasure of talking to them!) they said there is no problem with my card. I then sent funds to it myself to test, and it worked.

What's going on Jeremy?

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 07:54:52 AM

Hi!

very bad ;(

I'm wondering the same thing. Jeremy said the money got sent back, but when I called auspost up (and paid $4 for the pleasure of talking to them!) they said there is no problem with my card. I then sent funds to it myself to test, and it worked.

What's going on Jeremy?

Hi there,

I don't know. A majority of reloads were getting returned and the refunds were becoming very labour intensive. Some people's reloads through us have never been returned while others have been. The bank doesn't provide us the reason but there are lots of little rules that trip people up such as maximum $999 on the card at any one time, maximum $5k loaded in a month, and one customer was told that his reloads were being denied because he had multiple cards linked to the same mobile # at the same time, which I haven't even seen as a rule in their literature.

At any rate it has just become too much of a hassle to continue promoting to new customers, but anyone who was already using it successfully can feel free to continue reloading, just use the AUD bank balance form on our website with your LoadNGo details. Please keep in mind that if it is returned to us, as we will have already converted your bitcoins to AUD, we'll have to convert them back to bitcoins at THE CURRENT RATE when the refund happens and pass on our bank's $2.50 return fee.

We do apologise for the inconvenience.

Happy spending,
Jeremy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: