Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:30:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL is it profitable or not?  (Read 1966 times)
Zingme2003

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:57:50 AM

In 2017, I did not hold, and that was the year that the holder made the most profit. But 2018 is not a good time to hold, the market goes down continuously

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scottsdale

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:12:06 PM
Merited by TATI13 (1)

In 2017, I did not hold, and that was the year that the holder made the most profit. But 2018 is not a good time to hold, the market goes down continuously
The best strategy is to HODL the coins. The market is still establishing itself and is highly volatile and turbulent, so buying and selling is risky, Some people are still joining the race and buying coins, so the prices are not the lowest. So, I suggest hodling for long term and not panic selling in these market conditions.
kwabeedat

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:17:18 PM

So as you just said, holding is highly specific to the type of coin you hold. Not every coin will give you the same profits and so you should be very careful especially when you're buying. Also, if the coin you're holding has some use cases, you should try and utilize that instead of holding "forever."
F$m@nia

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:22:23 PM

So as you just said, holding is highly specific to the type of coin you hold. Not every coin will give you the same profits and so you should be very careful especially when you're buying. Also, if the coin you're holding has some use cases, you should try and utilize that instead of holding "forever."
Well said! your profit and losses totally depends on the coin you are holding.
juli50

Activity: 278
Merit: 101

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:18:37 PM

It was in almost all the years since bitcoin appeard, this year wasnt profitable yet but I hope that it will, lets wait to see what happens in the last mounths of the year. Sometimes its hard to trade and it takes a lot of time to learn and to do it every day.

ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:50:09 PM

This is not a new topic at all there are many debates before that hodling is more profitable when we say hodl its the way of storing your tokens in your own wallet for a long time like 3-5 years like if you bought xlm last 2015 and you hodl it until this year 2018 you can earn it to huge amount of money.

chulos

Activity: 268
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:41:47 PM

Each cryptoman is somehow familiar with the term HODL - investing in the crypt by the principle of "bought and hold". About a year ago, when I began to make my first timid steps in the cryptomir, I learned about this strategy, and began to use it.

The first my crypto assets, which I began to walk, are the tokens of the projects that I received for participating in the bounty of these projects. I am a maximalist in my life, so I participated persistently and efficiently in bounty campaigns, especially at the beginning of my crypt career. Bounty of social networks and bounty of blogs, plus different airdrops, allowed me to get hold of a lot of different kinds of tokens from different projects. The sums are of course penny, but in its mass it was going to something impressive.

So month after month I earned tokens and stayed with them, in the hope that these coins would give the cherished X-boxes. Greed, I was attacked by a real toad and a greed for profit. I began to buy different coins and keep them until the moment of the native.

Like many of us, cryptomaniacs, in my crypto-portfolio there appeared tokens favorites. In the next review, I'm not just telling you whether it's profitable or not, I'll bring real figures from life. These figures are very easy to double-check, so my review can be considered a true study.
I am a supporter of the theory of obtaining cryptos and holding assets /get and hold/. It is believed that if the investor does not need to buy out his coins or tokens for the fiat currency /usually used money/ for investment purposes, it is advisable to leave these cryptos as they are readily available and there is a prerequisite for high valuation. This is also confirmed by the fact that Bitcoin and Ethereum, who have decided not to sell these currencies even at the time of the largest decline, confirm the high profits that investors have made in the long run. My theory is to get cryptos from bounties and hold on to long term.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: