Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:35:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which currency would you prefer to mine?, don't know what to choose from  (Read 1157 times)
mikelis (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:21:43 AM

Which currency would you prefer to mine?,
to many coins don't know what to choose from
vpasic

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:13:25 PM

nice one...
whole world is spinning around bitcoin and you are asking which currency to mine???
dude, wtf???

now seriously...
depend's, what kind of mining gear you have.
if you are using gpu-s then mine ltc.
if you are using asic then mine btc.
if you are mining with cpu then forget about it.

problem with other coins is that value is rising and falling on daily and even hourly basic so they are not worth of mining.
right now you realize that ppc or trc is more profitable to mine than btc, you start mining and after about hour and a half you realize that it is no longer profitable to mine compared to btc.
you can always hold on to them and change them to btc when value jumps up but I hate that shit.
so I'm stick with btc and ltc.

Tips: 1Ejj8eANy2PLZVwrWUczkbQ8kQY2JhKqp6
DaElbing

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:17:33 PM

USD Dollars are the best..

vpasic

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:36:54 PM

Dude wtf!!!!
You don't mine dollaras!!!
He asked what to mine, not what to work and earn!

cgminer-o

Activity: 350

1$ =1 MEC 2013 (2,56 $) 5$ =1MEC 2014 ?

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:37:26 PM

NWC Networkcoin

▓▓▓ MEC Megacoin POW▓▓▓https://forum.megacoin.co.nz/ ▓▓▓ New Economy Movement▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ LimecoinX X11 ▓▓▓
itf991

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:54:39 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 01:18:30 PM by itf991

Well, most coins are get pumped and dumped therefore I would recommend you to mine coins with low difficulty. There are always new coins gonna be published and if you quick enough you can make a fair bit though.
 You also can do some solo mining  if you wish where network diff is low.

PS.: I am mining Valuecoin at the moment in solo. An average 1block/min using single GPU Ati hd 7950
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 01:03:51 PM

Mine GeistGeld, CoiLedCoin, I0Coin, IXCoin, GRouPcoin, DeVCoin, NaMeCoin and BiTCoin all at once, merged.

That way you get the nice low difficulty GeistGeld and CoiLedCoins that no public merged mining pools are mining, without missing out on any of the merged mined coins that are already on at least one public merged mined pool.

Even if you just have a block eruptor or a GPU that is a good way to go because even if you don't get lucky and get a block of NMC, DVC, GRP, IXC, or I0C you still get some BiTCoin (I am assuming here that you'll be using p2pool to merged mine thus that you will be pool-mining the BiTCoins not solo-mining them) and build up a nice stash of CoiLedCoin and GeistGeld, which are not readily available to buy so mining them is probably the most direct method of getting hold of some of them.

(Though if you are a user of Open Transactions maybe you might be able to buy some on an Open Transactions server, since as you maybe have noticed they have been shown in the http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/latestrates.inc include-file for a long time now...)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
mattopia

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:56:10 PM

You have three options to answer this question...

1) Do some research yourself, read the forum threads over the last several days to see what is popular/trending/etc.

2) Use sites like coinwarz.com or coinchoose.com to gauge profitability - both sites compare current difficulty and exchange prices to determine what is most profitable at this very second, although neither site is perfect.

3) Use a pool that makes the profitability decisions for you and pays out on BTC daily.  I have used http://hashco.ws and http://middlecoin.com and I like both of them.

I would recommend #3 until you get comfortable and #1/#2 as a longer term strategy. 
mikelis (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:41:08 PM

You have three options to answer this question...

1) Do some research yourself, read the forum threads over the last several days to see what is popular/trending/etc.

2) Use sites like coinwarz.com or coinchoose.com to gauge profitability - both sites compare current difficulty and exchange prices to determine what is most profitable at this very second, although neither site is perfect.

3) Use a pool that makes the profitability decisions for you and pays out on BTC daily.  I have used http://hashco.ws and http://middlecoin.com and I like both of them.

I would recommend #3 until you get comfortable and #1/#2 as a longer term strategy. 

i asking you guys what you suggest to mine with your experience i used sites like coinwarz etc but i prefer a human advice
mikelis (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:14:23 PM

i prefer euro's Wink
Kungfucheez

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:26:31 PM

i prefer euro's Wink

Naw, USD will always be my currency  Grin
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:29:15 PM

i prefer euro's Wink

Naw, USD will always be my currency  Grin

i prefer bitcoin sincerely  Wink
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 03:45:57 PM

The profitability sites do not know what the exchange rate will be in 120 blocks or in however many blocks it takes for your mined coins to mature.

Whereas the people who already hold the coins, possibly for example having mined them when their exchange rate was not high enough to attract migrant miners, don't have to wait for their coins to mature, they just have to wait for the exchange rate to become profitable compared to their power bills and amortised equipment costs and labour.

So by the time your coins mature folks who already mined some before those sites sent all the migrants flocking to try to get some can already be at the exchange waiting to sell just before coins that were not mined until the profitablity sites twigged can mature.

Once those sites claim the coin is no longer profitable, or is not the most profitable, and the migrant miners thus run off somewhere else, is maybe a good time to sell a few coins, just enough to keep the exchange rate from going high enough to trigger another wave of migrants...

In my experience so far, the most profitable coins of all have been the ones that are not in any pools and not in any exchanges, because you can pick those up hand over fist for however many months or years the folks following those profitablity sites choose to ignore them.

For example last year BBQ was killer, by the time pools for it fired back up again and exchanges took them back in the people who had been CPU-mining them all last year made fortunes...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:50:39 PM

mine which is profitable among most coins.
mattopia

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:54:30 PM

i asking you guys what you suggest to mine with your experience i used sites like coinwarz etc but i prefer a human advice

well then... doge to the moon!
vpasic

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:59:16 PM

Already asked you???
Whit what hardware you are planing to mine???

arnoo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:05:19 PM

for me SHA-256 coins Smiley
mikelis (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:07:39 PM