Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:59:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840283 times)
alphapilot

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:03:46 PM

I'm mining on http://eac.eu.hackshardgaming.net/ and got somewhat around 600 EAC yesterday. Today I woke up and found out there is no coin left in my account. In my wallet I also find nothing there. Do you guys know what happen?

Yeah, it seems they moved some accounts to their EU server and lost coins on the way. I contacted them as well but no reply so far.
Great way to gain the trust of people...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
halibit
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:16:56 PM

0,25 billion premine  Shocked Shocked Shocked
shx330

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:28:09 PM

Very nice,I like this coin
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:34:45 PM

What is the current price?

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
coinfingers

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:37:44 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 01:51:46 PM by coinfingers

Wow guys, those graphics are just gorgeous. I could see it being a sticker right there on the cash registers at Wally world... let's hope huh?

Anyhow, I have a 7850 card set up, and I felt like trying my luck at hitting a block, but I haven't had any luck setting up the scrypt-GUI miner to do so.  I've never done that before, only mined in pools. I tried following the directions posted, but I'm getting it wrong somehow. I've been pulling about 1k/day off the mining pools (same as others, estimates say it should be more), and would like to try solo for a day or two to see if i can get lucky.

If someone would be so kind as to walk me through that procedure, baby-step style, I would be very grateful.

Also interested in possibly trading for some EAC as well, is there any way to do that safely? where would I need to go?

And of course, accepting donations, hoping to build up enough of something so i can do a little more than trade 5 dollars worth of doge all day!  (Well, I DID turn it into 12 dollars worth of doge in 4 days, so not too bad, all things considered...)

EAC  egr1TQDYVh742qNwRDtcWURXTg921FqpAq

BTC  16kWLsTvdmJL8R7dw6RqqwsRboAK8e1Dfq

Ok here goes (assuming this is in windows):

- Set up your earthcoin wallet (download from original thread)
- Run it, then quit
- Find and open the earthcoin data directory (open start and in the searchbox type '%appdata/roaming% ' without the quotes, that should point you to the roaming directory where you should find an earthcoin directory, note that if you don't find it you most likely have system folders hidden enabled and you need to change that 1st)
- create a 'earthcoin.conf' file (without quotes) with notepad (watch that notepad does not name it 'earthcoin.conf.txt') and add the following lines in bold to it:
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=**Yourusername**
rpcpassword=**Yourpassword**
rpcport=15678
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
addnode=77.244.7.167
addnode=188.194.13.44

- now replace the **Yourusername** and **Yourpassword** with your specifics (doesn't matter at all what it is, just as long as you call on exactly that when you start cgminer)
- save earthcoin.conf
- run earthcoin wallet and let it sync (update the blockchain, solo mining won't work if it is not updated)
- now find your cgminer directory (don't know how to do this for other miners so download cgminer if you don't have it)
- make a new batchfile with notepad and name it 'cgminersoloearth.bat' (or something like that) and again watch out that notepad does not add a .txt extension or it won't work
- edit the 'cgminersoloearth.bat'file and add the following bold lines
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o localhost:15678 -u **Yourusername** -p **Yourpassword** -o **Yourpoolurl**:**Yourpoolport** -u **Yourpoolusername** -p **Yourpoolpassword** --config cgminersoloearth.conf
pause

- replace **Yourusername** and **Yourpasswprd** with exactly what you chose earlier for the earthcoin.conf file
- replace **Yourpoolurl** and **Yourpoolport** with your pool information (check start post if you don't have a pool and have singed up, you need a worker configured on most pools or it will not work)
- replace **Yourpoolusername** and **Yourpoolpassword** with your earthcoin pool login info (note this step is so that you can take advantage of the longpoll function that the pool provides while solo mining, it prevents you from working on already solved blocks while solo mining and thereby wasting a lot of time and kh/s)
- save the cgminersoloearth.bat file in the cgminer.exe directory
- now make a 'cgminersoloearth.conf' file in the same directory (or edit if it already exists) and put any GPU tuning script lines in there - can't tell you what those are because it differs per card and personal setup but it should be things like thread_concurrency, vectors, intensity and about 50 other variables you can set to tune your kh/s performance - read the cgminer docs and google a lot)
- start earthcoin wallet if it is not already running and let it sync
- start the 'cgminersoloearth.bat' file from the cgminer directory
- you will see cgminer load with and after a few seconds show you the 'normal' screen with kh/s per card, accepted and rejected shares and all that other stuff
- likely a couple of lines above that it will say something like 'connected to localhost diff XXX (whatever number) with LP (means longpoll, if it says without LP check back after a few minutes) as user **Yourusername**

Succes, this means you are mining solo succesfully!

Now for the nasty part, you will not see much else for hours most likely, except your kh/s slightly changing every few seconds.

Accepted, Rejected values per GPU wiil stay 0 for a long time since you don't submit shares like when mining on a pool.
Only when you actually solve a block you will see a message like 'Solved blablabla BLOCK' and your values will change.
Most other times you will see either 'Network diff set to X (any number)' or 'Stratum from pool 1 detected new block' or 'Block change for localhost:15678 detection via **Yourpoolurl** stratum' (that last one to notice you that the block you are solo solving at that moment has been solved already and your miner should move on and stop wasting time)

That's about it. Hope I didn't f-up, checked it twice but there might be an error in here, point it out and I'll correct it.

Sorry for the horrible formatting, don't do these forum things very often Smiley

If this works and helps feel free to tip me for a beer Smiley
@coinfingers
eo97FjVZkx5SwFDTnYfFssPjG59q85PEPu
earthcoin (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 01:39:45 PM

New WEBSITE is up - she's a beauty!!

- - - - http://www.GetEarthCoin.com - - - -

Bounty paid - all three wallet finals are up (mac/pc/linux - device wallets are coming) - lot's of progress - I haven't pulled this many all-nighters since college Smiley zzzz

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
kulakowka

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:40:26 PM

0,25 billion premine  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Bitcoin 1kk premine. what?

Ebrelus

Activity: 186

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:46:32 PM

Nice webside!
static74

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:11:23 PM

reminder: post here to get it added to cryptsy!

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/46049
Nanolucas

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 02:17:06 PM

Bounty paid - all three wallet finals are up (mac/pc/linux - device wallets are coming) - lot's of progress - I haven't pulled this many all-nighters since college Smiley zzzz

The site is looking very nice, but there are a bunch of improvements that can (and should) be made.

1) The very first sentence has a typo: "EarthCoin User a 365 Day Period"

2) The first cell on the page needs to be the prettiest and most attention grabbing. Currently it says a bunch of things on a poorly contrasting background about the block rewards. This is not what should go there.

There should be a very pretty and simplistic background with a nice big picture of the coin next to some words saying something along the lines of:
'Earthcoin revolutionises the way we make day to day transactions. Using fast, secure and purely digital transactions you can make transactions with anyone in the world without having to worry about banks and borders.'

The first cell needs to appeal to everyone, not just people that already know what crypto currencies are.

3) All the branding images take up a massive amount of space on the page and are useless to the average site viewer. These should all be moved to a separate page on the site, there is no need to put everything in one place.

Besides those things, it's looking great and you guys should be proud of a project going really well. Good luck!
earthcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 02:28:50 PM

The site is looking very nice, but there are a bunch of improvements that can (and should) be made.

1) The very first sentence has a typo: "EarthCoin User a 365 Day Period"

2) The first cell on the page needs to be the prettiest and most attention grabbing. Currently it says a bunch of things on a poorly contrasting background about the block rewards. This is not what should go there.

There should be a very pretty and simplistic background with a nice big picture of the coin next to some words saying something along the lines of:
'Earthcoin revolutionises the way we make day to day transactions. Using fast, secure and purely digital transactions you can make transactions with anyone in the world without having to worry about banks and borders.'

The first cell needs to appeal to everyone, not just people that already know what crypto currencies are.

3) All the branding images take up a massive amount of space on the page and are useless to the average site viewer. These should all be moved to a separate page on the site, there is no need to put everything in one place.

Besides those things, it's looking great and you guys should be proud of a project going really well. Good luck!

I like the critique - thank you I'm actually going to go ahead and do most of this (typo's go without saying - sorry family I'm usually a typo/grammar nut - and there is a note there about all the marketing assets being .zipped and removed from there soon..) after I get some zzzz and today I celebrate my xmas so pardon my absence for part/most of the day.

Thank you guys/gals!

earthcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 03:04:47 PM

Cool to see members starting to make stuff:

Unofficial chatroom
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#earthcoin

Unofficial FaceBookGroup
https://www.facebook.com/earthcoin.world

If there are others please share.

morphers

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:11:25 PM

Just Thinking about what to do at CES 2014 while I am walking around.
mybadomen

Activity: 150

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:11:35 PM

Loved everything about this coin when i swapped all my miners to it. But OMG why would you Pre-mine 270,000,000 coins ?? Thats like having something great and shooting yourself in the foot.

Real Bummer as i really loved this coin and i still have like 100.000 coins but after running 5 miners 24/7 to only realize 270,000,000 coins were mined right off the top is crazy. I forget the actual numbers but doesn't this beat Quark as being the now #1 most Premined coin?

Still excited about the coin and really hope to see it succeed but being listed as 1 of the top scam coins only do to Premining is such a shame.

Even a simple Google search looking for Earthcoin brings up the scam thread right next to your website.

I want to you know i am not posting this out of dislike of the coin or anything like that as i was very excited about Earthcoin but i am merely posting out of disappointment to find out about this.

If i was running a few miners that would be one thing but to burn through tons of electric mining coins that basically if you ever dropped those millions on the market would make our coins worthless is just a chance i really cant take.

I honestly never understood this you have a Great coin and a great plan why would you possibly pre mine an amount of coins that Huge.

Well wish you all the best and wish the coin the best.I will also be watching mining every now and then but Crypto is already a gamble adding 270 million premined coins makes it real scarey. And i know you are not the only Coin that has premined but man with a name like Earth coin i really expected different Sad

Take Care and be back soon and please don't take this as an insult its more of just wondering why you would do that to such a wonderful new coin.
Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:16:19 PM

Wishing you and your families & friends all the best for your holidays!

Merry Xmas to you all from http://poolerino.com - Mike + Fredyy
BC-Trader

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:26:49 PM

Loved everything about this coin when i swapped all my miners to it. But OMG why would you Pre-mine 270,000,000 coins ?? Thats like having something great and shooting yourself in the foot.

Real Bummer as i really loved this coin and i still have like 100.000 coins but after running 5 miners 24/7 to only realize 270,000,000 coins were mined right off the top is crazy. I forget the actual numbers but doesn't this beat Quark as being the now #1 most Premined coin?

Still excited about the coin and really hope to see it succeed but being listed as 1 of the top scam coins only do to Premining is such a shame.

Even a simple Google search looking for Earthcoin brings up the scam thread right next to your website.

I want to you know i am not posting this out of dislike of the coin or anything like that as i was very excited about Earthcoin but i am merely posting out of disappointment to find out about this.

If i was running a few miners that would be one thing but to burn through tons of electric mining coins that basically if you ever dropped those millions on the market would make our coins worthless is just a chance i really cant take.

I honestly never understood this you have a Great coin and a great plan why would you possibly pre mine an amount of coins that Huge.

Well wish you all the best and wish the coin the best.I will also be watching mining every now and then but Crypto is already a gamble adding 270 million premined coins makes it real scarey. And i know you are not the only Coin that has premined but man with a name like Earth coin i really expected different Sad

Take Care and be back soon and please don't take this as an insult its more of just wondering why you would do that to such a wonderful new coin.

+1, fantastic coin but it is ruined by the pump and dump intentions of the devs. Don't believe for a second even 10% of the premine will be given out to the community...

a big shame  Roll Eyes coulda been something

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
lasciv

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:46:44 PM

ekJPaVrY2ErDS8jDiFQsH7EsUxiGs9Ze1u

any donation would be much appreciated; I lost like 3 days of mining, because hackshardgaming was down last night.. thanks guys..
carajillu

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:09:50 PM

I have translated the announcement and posted in the spanish forum following the petition of eac15678, still waiting for the promised bounty. Are you going to regularize the situation? There is people in the spanish forum complaining about the pool, some say that their coins dissapeared, any info?
earthcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 05:11:59 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 05:50:26 PM by earthcoin

Thank you.

In no particular order: The quark amount vs % is what one should look at, they premined 98%, we premined 2%.

The review site being next to ours in serps, if people dig deep enough or read comments they'll see the truth re the author. It is a shame it's there but I'm not worried about it - I see it as an opportunity for good damage control marketing (and it has already worked by the community self policing itself). Internet marketing 101 - create review sites/flogs/comparisons/editorials/sneakyendorsements or slanders/fudhubs of your industry while you paint your products as the #1 choice (or coins in this case). As a matter of fact, feel free to copy/paste this whole response in the comments on that article, if he leaves it up and doesn't delete it I'll give him kudos.

A few pages back I mentioned that I could easily fiverr my way to even outsourcing 50 altcoin review sites with reputable looking assets and SEO them to death around easy new keywords that I'll rank quickly for in order to shit on all my new competitors and to make my coins the glowing #1 obvious choice. But why when I could be improving my coin with that time and energy and having the community naturally back it up vs a farce...

I'm somewhat new to the 'launch' process of crypto, but I've been packaging, branding, and looking after tier 1 down to mom and pop shop brands for 15 years before doing my own brands and products - campaigns for good brands to launch and seasonal assets to follow can cost a ton of money.

This new concept of actually building value and community around a coin and using the actual inventory of the coin to get assets developed and give the coins to hold and redistribute to start giving value to is fascinating for me, and has just proven itself in many ways as this would have cost a ton of money to date (a lot of which you guys aren't seeing as it's sensitive marketing and business for near future moves).

We're doing things openly, slow and steady, don't really want to be on exchanges yet, want more people to adopt and mine and buy/sell quietly. The assumption is also that we should give out the premine asap and just blanket the web with it - which we won't do. This has value now, people are buzzing about it, the fact that we can use internal inventory for probably a year or more is what is going to be a big driving force behind this and throughout this time as we keep making things and offsetting hardcosts with inventory and building more value, there will be more and more coins mined/distributed in ratio to what anyone holds, essentially preventing a quick cashout and crash.

Lastly, and this is going to get scrutiny but I'll say it anyway - I've done well for myself, still do, not in crypto but other ventures, this is my cherry on my cake. I don't need the extra 10, 20, or 50-100K quick and dash-hide, and I don't need to actually work at all and or could be dedicating my time to my other businesses to grow them more. This is something I'm doing for the long haul and working my butt off with for a change because when it was presented to me to be a part of I saw a big opportunity, much bigger than myself and much bigger than many give their coins credit/potential for.

Perhaps I'm naive and this truly has no shot, a lot of these coins probably have pure intentions like ours and even deeper pockets/bigger groups but don't make it. However I'll say this: I won't do this 'coin launch' thing with anyone ever again, if this is what it takes - to do a coin a month. But I could hire a nice team to do just that (I'll assume people/groups do, with all kinds of variables re premine/insta/no-premine but they hide behind big pools that friends/they own during launch and pretend it's not them..).. It comes down to relationship building, addressing important communication like I'm trying to do here, and trust to some degree that this is going to either be a long term thing, or be killed by scrutiny before it even has a chance.

We've been PM'd to buy 100M, down to 10M, perhaps as tests, perhaps as trying to take power away from the premine, perhaps to be the ones to dump, perhaps to scam us. It might be scary to leave control of the ratio to the team at first re 2% as the first few months of mining even out the odds, however your investment into any other alt is just as risky re who dumps first, who holds, who has control - and just by stating there is no pre-mine, or by hiding it well doesn't protect anyone nor give the coin a better shot (imo it prevents growth in a big way).

On a more sinister note, since I've been here, and looking at this from the outside in because I'm not toooo conditioned to your world here yet - and being in marketing all these years:

I see tons of holes and ways to execute blackhat campaigns already and monetize the crap out of this place with a rogue team and xx coins on the go at the same time. You wouldn't know Smiley (in fact who's to say I don't have 4 coins and 16 more lined up!, just sayin').

I've ran my own forums, I've sold xx,xxx units of software online for $xx price points, I've had xx,xxx affiliates, look after xx sites, and understand this ecosystem (packaging and monetizing things online) very, very, very well. At the same time I understand what doing things right means and doing people wrong means. Just because it's online there's always a trail and if someone wanted me bad enough they could find me. Karma is real in my world, and I sleep well and live philanthropically. My real businesses have a very high satisfaction rate among my customer bases, this is paramount to me and I'm treating this much the same - must make you guys happy. No way to make everyone happy, must try anyway.

All words on a screen, for now - I may disclose my full ID in the future when the regulators and ptb figure this ecosystem out a bit more and it's a bit less sensitive. Not giving up and I'm not letting the premine scare you guys. I've thrown time, talent, people, research, execution, and some of my own money at this already and I'm not even the owner but I feel just as responsible for this project as he does.

Whoever said 10% of the premine won't be given out - more than 10% has been given out Smiley  'it has value now' and that value will be used for a long time to come for everyone's benefit, and only time will show our intentions.

Hope that makes some sense and relieves some of your fears, please stick around.
Thank you!

earthcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 05:13:58 PM

I have translated the announcement and posted in the spanish forum following the petition of eac15678, still waiting for the promised bounty. Are you going to regularize the situation? There is people in the spanish forum complaining about the pool, some say that their coins dissapeared, any info?

Thank you for this, when the dev team gets back you will get your bounty especially if you guys discussed it already don't worry. Regarding pools, we don't run the pools each pool owner is responsible for their own setups so try to get them to reach out to the specific pool they belong to.

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: