Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:58:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED!  (Read 840284 times)
Devianttwo

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:44:17 AM

Alright I have submited the request to the Ops so now I will post it here.  

POOL OWNERS PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE

the Default earthcoind is broken and giving you tons of internal server error 500 errors while submiting blocks.  Don't believe me? check your stratum.log.  I have submited a pull request to the official github with a patched version of this client.  This client will resolve all error code 500's and cause your blocks per hour to SKYROCKET!  You can download the patched client @ http://github.com/Devianttwo/earthcoin  You can also see all the changes that where done compared to the main github as well.  This is for Linux building only.  I do not know how to compile a windows version. and this is not for the QT its only for the daemon.

If you would like to donate to me for helping with this patch please send any amount of Earthcoins to the following address
eh3qUAFZqWYuNSurVbT83xoS5bbeeZVgLi

Thanks everyone and please enjoy

Patch Link: http://github.com/Devianttwo/earthcoin
Official Pull link for comparison: https://github.com/earthcoinproject/earthcoin/pull/2

DON'T FORGET TO PATCH!

**EDIT** Patch has now been MERGED! Please update your earthcoind!!

This part of the code is the same for all alt coins, and it is the first time I heard the problem with this. Did you experience the same issue with your pool on LottoCoin?

There's no change at all for this code as compared to the Litecoin codebase. Maybe it's a good idea you check with Litecoin dev thread to see if this is a real issue or not.

The reason this bug exists is because the specific developer of the specific coin that you cloned was purposely deleting this section of code from the file that I modified.  I fixed this part of the code for you since you did not notice it.  YES its the same code that litecoin has. YES its the same code that MOST other coins have.  This section of code was missing from not only Lottocoins but your coin as well.

which version of Litecoin has the code you mentioned?

Almost all of them have the patched submitblock. or another method to prevent the error 500.

Which one? Be no vague. For example, let me tell you, the 0.6.3 version does not have it. And many alt coins are based on 0.6.3, including this one.

I have no objection if you found this fix and add to it. I am just saying that this is the same code from Litecoin.

BTW, no one has "deleted" it from the code.

I'm only telling you people what I was told.  If i'm wrong I apologize.  the fact is the code was missing. I patched it and released the patch for everyone.  I could have just kept it to myself and not told anyone but I'm a much better person then that.  I don't see what all the fuss is about.  So I got some of the wrong information that I said. So what? The coins fixed! Lets move on.

I'll check the latest Litecoin code to see if it has it. It's good you spot it, no need to make it a big deal. It is not. Many coins are running at the same codebase, and I heard no pool owner ever complained. If it is a true issue, it's a small one. Still good to fix it.

I checked, it is not even in the latest Litecoin 0.8.5.1 codebase. I am wondering if we really need it. I'll do some more investigation on it.

Ok Look let me put it this way. You want proof you need it? Go look at EVERY SINGLE POOL except eac.hackshardgaming.net  They where averaging 1000% estimate shared rates. and if you have them look in there stratum.log they will show tons of Internal Server Error: 500.  This is not the case with the patch I gave you.  My pool is at 124% Estimated Shares rate.  Way better then any other pool.  Don't just take my word for it. ask all the pool owners.

Want to earn 50% of each deposit? Check out the best Bitcoin referral program

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eac15678

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:48:51 AM

Devianttwo: you said someone told you that this code is in Litecoin codebase, that someone deleted it in some clone. I checked the Litecoin codebase, the code you said is not there.

Can you be more clear where you "copy" the code from? It may fix some issues that Litecoin may even has. Let's check with Litecoin devs. All our codes are based on Litecoin.

Earthcoin (EAC) is one of the best coin!
Devianttwo

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:50:52 AM

Devianttwo: you said someone told you that this code is in Litecoin codebase, that someone deleted it in some clone. I checked the Litecoin codebase, the code you said is not there.

Can you be more clear where you "copy" the code from? It may fix some issues that Litecoin may even has. Let's check with Litecoin devs. All our codes are based on Litecoin.

As I have said.  Apparently I was wrong on when it was removed.  I got the patched code from the developer of stratum-mining-litecoin.  The patch fixes the internal server error 500. He told me it was removed in some coins that he had patched. Obviously he lied about that. However the result is the same. It fixes internal server error: 500.  I do not know why the internal server error: 500 shows up in the first place.  All I know is this patch fixes it.  If you don't believe me then fine remove it from your repo and I'll be the only pool having a high efficiency rate.

BitcoinTate

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:51:02 AM

Alright I have submited the request to the Ops so now I will post it here.  

POOL OWNERS PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE

the Default earthcoind is broken and giving you tons of internal server error 500 errors while submiting blocks.  Don't believe me? check your stratum.log.  I have submited a pull request to the official github with a patched version of this client.  This client will resolve all error code 500's and cause your blocks per hour to SKYROCKET!  You can download the patched client @ http://github.com/Devianttwo/earthcoin  You can also see all the changes that where done compared to the main github as well.  This is for Linux building only.  I do not know how to compile a windows version. and this is not for the QT its only for the daemon.

If you would like to donate to me for helping with this patch please send any amount of Earthcoins to the following address
eh3qUAFZqWYuNSurVbT83xoS5bbeeZVgLi

Thanks everyone and please enjoy

Patch Link: http://github.com/Devianttwo/earthcoin
Official Pull link for comparison: https://github.com/earthcoinproject/earthcoin/pull/2

DON'T FORGET TO PATCH!

**EDIT** Patch has now been MERGED! Please update your earthcoind!!

This part of the code is the same for all alt coins, and it is the first time I heard the problem with this. Did you experience the same issue with your pool on LottoCoin?

There's no change at all for this code as compared to the Litecoin codebase. Maybe it's a good idea you check with Litecoin dev thread to see if this is a real issue or not.

The reason this bug exists is because the specific developer of the specific coin that you cloned was purposely deleting this section of code from the file that I modified.  I fixed this part of the code for you since you did not notice it.  YES its the same code that litecoin has. YES its the same code that MOST other coins have.  This section of code was missing from not only Lottocoins but your coin as well.

which version of Litecoin has the code you mentioned?

Almost all of them have the patched submitblock. or another method to prevent the error 500.

Which one? Be no vague. For example, let me tell you, the 0.6.3 version does not have it. And many alt coins are based on 0.6.3, including this one.

I have no objection if you found this fix and add to it. I am just saying that this is the same code from Litecoin.

BTW, no one has "deleted" it from the code.

I'm only telling you people what I was told.  If i'm wrong I apologize.  the fact is the code was missing. I patched it and released the patch for everyone.  I could have just kept it to myself and not told anyone but I'm a much better person then that.  I don't see what all the fuss is about.  So I got some of the wrong information that I said. So what? The coins fixed! Lets move on.

I'll check the latest Litecoin code to see if it has it. It's good you spot it, no need to make it a big deal. It is not. Many coins are running at the same codebase, and I heard no pool owner ever complained. If it is a true issue, it's a small one. Still good to fix it.

I checked, it is not even in the latest Litecoin 0.8.5.1 codebase. I am wondering if we really need it. I'll do some more investigation on it.

Ok Look let me put it this way. You want proof you need it? Go look at EVERY SINGLE POOL except eac.hackshardgaming.net  They where averaging 1000% estimate shared rates. and if you have them look in there stratum.log they will show tons of Internal Server Error: 500.  This is not the case with the patch I gave you.  My pool is at 124% Estimated Shares rate.  Way better then any other pool.  Don't just take my word for it. ask all the pool owners.
+1 Thats why I am mining on this pool now. Much better payout. Smiley

- aka The "DigiMan"
eac15678

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:54:59 AM

As I have said.  Apparently I was wrong on when it was removed.  I got the patched code from the developer of stratum-mining-litecoin.  The patch fixes the internal server error 500. He told me it was removed in some coins that he had patched. Obviously he lied about that. However the result is the same. It fixes internal server error: 500.  I do not know why the internal server error: 500 shows up in the first place.  All I know is this patch fixes it.  If you don't believe me then fine remove it from your repo and I'll be the only pool having a high efficiency rate.

OK so I understand it now that it is a patch from a pool side, not from Litecoin devs. They may incorporate the fix next time when they release a newer version. That's good.

Earthcoin (EAC) is one of the best coin!
Devianttwo

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:58:38 AM

OK so I understand it now that it is a patch from a pool side, not from Litecoin devs. They may incorporate the fix next time when they release a newer version. That's good.

Possibly.

BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:08:31 AM

VirCurPool has a hashrate of 616 while HackShardGaming is at 269. Vircurpool has found 6 blocks in the last hour, Hackshard 18. Obviously this patch explains the issue with all the other pools. I just mined more in 30 minutes on Hackshard than I have in 5/6 hours on other pools throughout the day.

- aka The "DigiMan"
poyke

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:10:17 AM

what on earth happened to http://earth.scryptmining.com?
I went to sleep mining there woke up on my backup pools and the pool has been down ever since.
Will I be able to transfer out my earnings?!
BUMP

Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:13:49 AM

Bumpity bump

Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:22:09 AM

Thank you Devianttwo,

http://eac.poolerino.com/ is running with patched version. Lets see if it changes something.

Mike
Devianttwo

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:26:41 AM

Thank you Devianttwo,

http://eac.poolerino.com/ is running with patched version. Lets see if it changes something.

Mike

no prob. gl.

johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:28:00 AM

No you are completely wrong.  You must remember that eac15678 is the legendary dev of some other coin that was such a raging success that he wont tell what coin it actually was.  Check the OP for his somewhat foggy but glowing CV.  Deviant doesn't really have a magic fix, he's just employed a voodoo witch doctor to curse the other pools to make his pool look good...

eac15678, stop being a retard and accept the facts as presented.  Of course as soon as every pool implements the patch, the diff will jump to 40 and all the miners will bugger off as it will be too hard to mine.   Roll Eyes

VirCurPool has a hashrate of 616 while HackShardGaming is at 269. Vircurpool has found 6 blocks in the last hour, Hackshard 18. Obviously this patch explains the issue with all the other pools. I just mined more in 30 minutes on Hackshard than I have in 5/6 hours on other pools throughout the day.
oddwh

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:30:21 AM

hello guys,

when I'm trying to mine this coin, I only get accepted diff BLOCK, it seems weird and there are too much blocks created on the network if I check my log files (around 1 every 1-2 seconds)

I stopped mining now because it seems too weird but in fact, is it normal ? When I mine others coins, finding a block take a while and I only get Accepted diff shares.

ps : I re-tested with poolerino.com and it still have the same thing

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                   ▀██
   █▌                       ▐█
  █▌                         ▐█
 ▐█            ▄▄▄            █▌
 ██         ▄██▀▀▀██▄         ██
 ▄         ▐█▌     ▐█▌         ▄
███        █▌       ▐█        ███
 ▀   █▄    ▐█▌     ▐█▌    ▄█   ▀
   █▄  █▄   ▀██▄▄▄██▀   ▄█  ▄█
    ▀█   █▄    ▀▀▀    ▄█   █▀
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
Del137

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:34:37 AM

Woot!

My first solo block, 5 minutes ago =)  30k coins

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
static74

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:36:36 AM

Then no clue.

*shameless plug*

Maybe you should just mine on http://eac.hackshardgaming.net

*end shameless plug*

you might be right, but pool mining has been very inefficient for me, I have generated only 5K in 10 hours with 1.2 mh/s.

That was due to the major daemon bug.  My servers patched and I provided the patch to the Op.  Its worth it on my pool.

I switched over to your pool this morning and I'm getting a lot of rejected shares. 704 rejected out of 7360 so far.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 11:38:44 AM

Hey guys,

patched Version also @ https://eac.suprnova.cc now, we'd really appreciate some extra power from you guys.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:40:14 AM

Well we patched and still got the errors....

Code:
  File "/pools/eac/stratum-mining/lib/bitcoin_rpc.py", line 48, in submitblock
    resp = (yield self._call('submitblock', [block_hex,]))
Error: 500 Internal Server Error

Thank you Devianttwo,

Mike

no prob. gl.
earthcoin (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 11:43:42 AM

Already sent Deviant a PM to say a heartwarming thank you, however I'd like to do it here as well.

THANK YOU DEVIANT! (we're still trying to inspect/figure this out in more detail, however I do want to say thank you in advance for your efforts and time/desire to even give a crap to help). If this doesn't fix it - at least there is a starting point to compare from something that IS working perfectly.

Please don't mind the dev being overly cautious and simply not wanting any unforeseens or negatives to happen from messing with the code or patches etc.

I'm sorry if I painted the dev as 'perfect' in the OP - and or as having built the bestest alt ever - my fault. I simply wanted to point out that he's been down this road so there is at least some experience not a first run being reactive to everything vs proactive/knowing what to expect (including to expect the unexpected).

Really nice to see good hospitality by you guys, +1 bitcointalk for working together on this.

Back in a bit.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 11:48:07 AM

Well we patched and still got the errors....

Code:
  File "/pools/eac/stratum-mining/lib/bitcoin_rpc.py", line 48, in submitblock
    resp = (yield self._call('submitblock', [block_hex,]))
Error: 500 Internal Server Error

Thank you Devianttwo,

Mike

no prob. gl.

Mike, whats in earthcoind's debug.log @ this time ?

should be one of these:

Code:
      catch (std::exception &e) {
          throw JSONRPCError(-22, "Block decode failed");
  }
     bool fAccepted = ProcessBlock(NULL, &block);
       if (!fAccepted)
           throw JSONRPCError(-23, "Block rejected");

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
suncoastbuddy

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:49:10 AM

Is the hackshardgaming pool down?

**** scrap that, going again
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: