Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:06:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To the attn of Immanuel Go  (Read 3223 times)
Indemnified (OP)

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 08:47:39 PM

Quote from: Indemnified on June 30, 2011, 07:12:30 am
Quote from: Atlas on June 30, 2011, 06:45:18 am
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=24506.0

It seems an excellent production company known as MTB Media LLC has taken on my Bitcoin Ad screenplay and is going to make it a reality. However, labor is a scarce commodity and payment is required to make this a value-driven reality.

So, do you want Bitcoin to have more presence on the internet and beyond through a gorgeous, original advertisement?

Send your values worth of BTC here: 16R1YAUbAtbCQ2V8ztjN6BEeefyqgtAm9g

Your donation will be labeled, cataloged then sent to the production company as soon as possible.

Thank you!

2 btc donation sent. Onwards and upwards.
*salute*

Godspeed, my fellow man.

If you did not carry through with this project, please return my 2btc donation

1GhCfMagz9bSdcB2y1RWZJ38gJfnjTWe7x

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 08:59:19 PM

Haha...another spark fizzles out...or should I say, 'another atlas shrugged'.

bam.
Anonymous

August 18, 2011, 09:17:15 PM

I have done all I can. The production company is who has not followed through thus far. I will be returning the money within the day. I have to take the funds off a BitBill.

For the record:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37948.0

I was the first to bring this issue up.
RandyFolds

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:18:39 PM

I have done all I can. The production company is who has not followed through thus far.

Did you give the production company the money? You shouldn't let them off on 'fizzling out' if they took it.
Anonymous

August 18, 2011, 09:20:20 PM

I have done all I can. The production company is who has not followed through thus far.

Did you give the production company the money? You shouldn't let them off on 'fizzling out' if they took it.
I would not pay for this in advance. Actually they refused to take it in advance.
RandyFolds

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:22:00 PM

I would not pay for this in advance. Actually they refused to do so.

Seems like he is due for a refund then.
Anonymous

August 18, 2011, 09:23:14 PM

I was the first to offer refunds, for the record. The OP wants to be in a position of power and rightfully so. It is his money. However, please don't incriminate me on false grounds of wanting to steal from people. I am doing this quite happily, fyi.

There is no need to be arrogant and presumptuous. My record should not be completely tarnished because of something beyond my control.
Anonymous

August 18, 2011, 09:31:32 PM

Honestly, OP, this was very rude. I would of preferred you dealt with this maturely and PM'd me. I am not your enemy here nor do I deserve negative public scrutiny. Actually, I have already taken the liberty of enabling that but your intentions seem to be exclusively to defame me as opposed to genuinely providing an open process.

I do not appreciate this at all.
RandyFolds

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:35:53 PM

I was the first to offer refunds, for the record. The OP wants to be in a position of power and rightfully so. It is his money. However, please don't incriminate me on false grounds of wanting to steal from people. I am doing this quite happily, fyi.

There is no need to be arrogant and presumptuous. My record should not be completely tarnished because of something beyond my control.

I wasn't trying to be arrogant or presumptuous. I was just saying, yeah, seems like he should get refunded.

Why do you keep going back and editing your comments?
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:40:33 PM

I wasn't trying to be arrogant or presumptuous. I was just saying, yeah, seems like he should get refunded.

Why do you keep going back and editing your comments?
None of his comments in this thread have been edited.

Anonymous

August 18, 2011, 09:54:00 PM

Well, nothing has been redacted but statements have been added.
Indemnified (OP)

Activity: 216

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 11:21:43 PM

Honestly, OP, this was very rude. I would of preferred you dealt with this maturely and PM'd me. I am not your enemy here nor do I deserve negative public scrutiny. Actually, I have already taken the liberty of enabling that but your intentions seem to be exclusively to defame me as opposed to genuinely providing an open process.

This is a simple request for a refund of my 2btc which I donated to a specific project upon your solicitation of funding to help you achieve the specific project. There was no disrespect intended, and the public nature of my request is in keeping with the public nature of the project and solicitation. Previous requests for updates mby myself and another had gone unheeded.

Please, just send me back my 2 btc, and the matter is finished.

Anonymous

August 18, 2011, 11:34:25 PM

This is a simple request for a refund of my 2btc which I donated to a specific project upon your solicitation of funding to help you achieve the specific project. There was no disrespect intended, and the public nature of my request is in keeping with the public nature of the project and solicitation. Previous requests for updates mby myself and another had gone unheeded.

Please, just send me back my 2 btc, and the matter is finished.

It is not a simple request. In fact, it makes things very complicated. You are basically making it look like you exhausted all methods of reaching me and now you have resorted to making calls in public. It makes me look bad! It's detrimental and rude. They went unheeded for good reason: I don't live on the forums.

If you need me, email me and PM me! I received no personal contact from you!

I sent you 1.8. I'll give you the rest out of offline storage.
Cusipzzz

Activity: 334

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 01:31:03 AM

wtf?
Anonymous

August 19, 2011, 10:37:28 AM

I would not pay for this in advance. Actually they refused to take it in advance.

Is this for real? Was this a real production company with a reputation?
RandyFolds

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 08:16:41 PM

Isn't it lovely how Bitcoin seems to bring out the nervous and neolithic attitude in people to they point they lose their grip on reality and decide that dragging financial issues into a public thread is somehow warranted?

Immanuel, as someone who has had this happen to me as well by a particularly excitable member of this forum, I'd recommend not taking it too seriously. You're not insane for thinking it's professional and mature to contact someone in private before posting in a forum but then again, we're talking about Bitcoin users here who think Bitcoin will cure cancer and make it rain, too. Anything can happen.

Meh. He was soliciting in public for a project that he didn't follow through. He should have been more forthcoming with the refund, and the OP shouldn't have even had to ask.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 11:29:06 PM

Isn't it lovely how Bitcoin seems to bring out the nervous and neolithic attitude in people to they point they lose their grip on reality and decide that dragging financial issues into a public thread is somehow warranted?

Immanuel, as someone who has had this happen to me as well by a particularly excitable member of this forum, I'd recommend not taking it too seriously. You're not insane for thinking it's professional and mature to contact someone in private before posting in a forum but then again, we're talking about Bitcoin users here who think Bitcoin will cure cancer and make it rain, too. Anything can happen.

Meh. He was soliciting in public for a project that he didn't follow through. He should have been more forthcoming with the refund, and the OP shouldn't have even had to ask.
It's dangerous to refund without a refund address.

Anonymous

August 20, 2011, 11:34:16 PM

I've been as forthcoming as possible.

I will not be admonished by anybody who has no position to do so. I have to have direct contact in order to refund so the funds do not get misplaced.

I apologize for not being more direct with the production company from the start.
Gerken

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 12:32:59 AM

I would say the guy whos money you solicited and had ignored afterward is certainly in a position to.  Also, taking such offense to this thread is kinda suspicious.  Kinda like the guy who gets all defensive and angry when you jokingly call him gay.   

Yuusha

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 01:06:09 AM

I would say the guy whos money you solicited and had ignored afterward is certainly in a position to.  Also, taking such offense to this thread is kinda suspicious.  Kinda like the guy who gets all defensive and angry when you jokingly call him gay.   
Thing is, this guy wasn't ignored. No attempt to contact Immanuel (directly) was made.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: