Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:56:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PROPOSAL] IXC <-> I0C Exchange EXPERIMENT  (Read 1688 times)
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:47:39 PM

Call it an experiment. It would be interesting to see how the two new cryptocurrencies would trade on their own exchange. Right now one has to buy and sell on two separate exchanges and convert to BTC.

If anyone (DoubleC especially) is up to the challenge of making a simple exchange as described it would definitely give the community better knowledge on how cryptocurrency to cryptocurrency (non BTC that is) would work.

At some point those currencies that do survive will have inter exchanges between them just as they do for all fiat currencies ont he foreign exchange market.

Any takers?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 10:04:51 PM

I'd actually like that.

despite i  like i0coin over ixcoin there are times when you can make money with ixcoin.. right now it is pretty damn low.. but I'm not going to go through the trouble of doing the trade dance..

this exchange will let you .. stay on the same page while exchanging but their volume is crap right now

Hey doublec.. can you think about linking our accounts on your exchanges, if not link the exchanges themselves.

It would be nice to have namecoins, bitcoins, i0coins and even ixcoins.. all on the same page and all inter tradeable.

mooo for rent
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 10:06:59 PM

I'd actually like that.

despite i  like i0coin over ixcoin there are times when you can make money with ixcoin.. right now it is pretty damn low.. but I'm not going to go through the trouble of doing the trade dance..

this exchange will let you .. stay on the same page while exchanging but their volume is crap right now

Hey doublec.. can you think about linking our accounts on your exchanges, if not link the exchanges themselves.

It would be nice to have namecoins, bitcoins, i0coins and even ixcoins.. all on the same page and all inter tradeable.

+1 Yeah one page that has all of your difference currencies to trade between. Makes it simpler. Seems redundant to have to login to separate sites to trade and then send btc between them to trade again.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 10:11:54 PM

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 11:00:59 PM

+1

id love to see this happen.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 11:39:04 PM

I'd like to make a point about what's in it for doublec:

operate ixcoin exchange: doublec earns ixcoins and bitcoins
operate i0coin exchange: doublec earns i0coins and bitcoins

operate ixc/i0c exchange: doublec potentially just earns worthless bits of crap that don't feed the kids or pay the bills.

Guess we'll let him decide for himself right?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

gw4tt

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 11:47:40 PM

Just due to the current bitcoin prices for IXC, it would probably be around 3 IXC for 1 I0C

These 2 are basically backed by bitcoin while bitcoin is backed by usd.
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 12:03:31 AM

Just due to the current bitcoin prices for IXC, it would probably be around 3 IXC for 1 I0C

These 2 are basically backed by bitcoin while bitcoin is backed by usd.

for now.. exchanges are opening for btc in many currencies.
you can now buy the trade namecoins for dollars.
you can buy ixcoins for dollars here

it's all new.. give it time.

operate ixc/i0c exchange: doublec potentially just earns worthless bits of crap that don't feed the kids or pay the bills.

In order to actually trade there has to be a Seller AND A BUYER.. and that is the definition of worth.

But yeah I am sure running an exchange can have some gambling component, much like trading.

mooo for rent
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 01:08:25 AM

This is pretty much it. The i0coin exchange earnt 3 bitcoins and 1100 i0coins in fees since opening. When opening a new exchange I'm mainly interested in the bitcoin side of the equation unless it seems likely that the alternative coins will take off long term.

An ixcoin/i0coin exchange would be mostly speculative on my part since I'd have no idea if either coin is likely to be worth anything. And with 0.2% fees on coins worth 1% of a bitcoin, it wouldn't pay for server costs unless trading was huge. I don't think trading would be huge (what i0coiner wants ixcoins and vice versa?) and if anything bots would remove all arbitrage opportunities quickly.

Not saying I wouldn't do it, but it's unlikely given the work involved. Setting up the exchange is easy - it's the support for it that's time consuming.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 01:16:43 AM

This is pretty much it. The i0coin exchange earnt 3 bitcoins and 1100 i0coins in fees since opening. When opening a new exchange I'm mainly interested in the bitcoin side of the equation unless it seems likely that the alternative coins will take off long term.

An ixcoin/i0coin exchange would be mostly speculative on my part since I'd have no idea if either coin is likely to be worth anything. And with 0.2% fees on coins worth 1% of a bitcoin, it wouldn't pay for server costs unless trading was huge. I don't think trading would be huge (what i0coiner wants ixcoins and vice versa?) and if anything bots would remove all arbitrage opportunities quickly.

Not saying I wouldn't do it, but it's unlikely given the work involved. Setting up the exchange is easy - it's the support for it that's time consuming.

As I already stated, consider it an experiment. But no pressure. Do as you wish.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 01:47:59 AM

(what i0coiner wants ixcoins and vice versa?)

actually.... ME

and though i do understand your concerns doubleC and you would know more than me on the subject.. i for one would probably double my trading or more.. especially in these speculative currencies.

stability is not a friendly word to day traders. and right now both ixcoin and i0coin can be very profitable in that regard.

I do call ixcoin a scam...but I'd still trade them

If you could at least link our BTC wallets, that would go a long way to making things better. Right now the main thing keeping me from trading ixcoins besides watching that price dive, is the fact i would have to take my btc from my iocoin page, and then send to to a wallet on the ixcoin side and wait for confirmations and such.. and by that time the price i was looking at would probably be gone.

mooo for rent
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 02:28:52 AM

(what i0coiner wants ixcoins and vice versa?)

actually.... ME

and though i do understand your concerns doubleC and you would know more than me on the subject.. i for one would probably double my trading or more.. especially in these speculative currencies.

stability is not a friendly word to day traders. and right now both ixcoin and i0coin can be very profitable in that regard.

I do call ixcoin a scam...but I'd still trade them

If you could at least link our BTC wallets, that would go a long way to making things better. Right now the main thing keeping me from trading ixcoins besides watching that price dive, is the fact i would have to take my btc from my iocoin page, and then send to to a wallet on the ixcoin side and wait for confirmations and such.. and by that time the price i was looking at would probably be gone.

Read what doubleC said: bots will remove all arbitrage opportunity in a day or two, and the conversion factor between all units of currency included on the single exchange will stabilize.
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 04:23:59 AM

Read what doubleC said: bots will remove all arbitrage opportunity in a day or two, and the conversion factor between all units of currency included on the single exchange will stabilize.

quite aware of what he said, i was responding to his statement before that. and there is at least one exchange with them both. though they are new and tiny.

Still I wonder be interested in the BTC wallet linking between the exchanges, for ease of use

mooo for rent
No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:06:50 PM

Apart from Vircurex and Comkort does anyone know of any other exchanges that trade I0C?
No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:27:05 AM

I've managed to get I0C added to the voting list on Bter.com:

https://bter.com/voting

If you're interested please vote it up so that it will be added to their exchange.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: