Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:48:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy way to protect your computer from Bitcoin copy past virus!  (Read 247 times)
supertalker (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:22:41 AM

Hi guys! Do you know about bitcoin copy-past virus? Huh Huh Huh If you do not know about please visit this tow topics bellow.
1. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2278720.0
2. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1841658.0
I am also affected by this virus some days ago. I collect some tricks to protect from this virus. I have successfully remove this virus from my desktop computer using free version of microsoft essential internet security .
Go to microsoft official web and download the internet security https://support.microsoft.com/bn-bd/help/14210/security-essentials-download
Scan your computer fully. Then remove all detected virus.
Be safe from bitcoin copy past virus!
If you have more easy way you can share in this thread!
Thank you!
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:50:53 AM

Hi guys! Do you know about bitcoin copy-past virus? Huh Huh Huh If you do not know about please visit this tow topics bellow.
I am also affected by this virus some days ago. I collect some tricks to protect from this virus. I have successfully remove this virus from my desktop computer using free version of microsoft essential internet security .
Go to microsoft official web and download the internet security https://support.microsoft.com/bn-bd/help/14210/security-essentials-download
Thank you!

You only need a trusted antivirus with an internet security like Kaspersky for you to not be infected by the copy paste virus. If I were you, I wouldn't recommend Microsoft Security Essentials because it is still prone to other virus that steals cryptocurrencies. I also see no need to discuss this further because we already have the easiest way to be safe from that type of virus. Either way, thanks for this informative post.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:01:26 PM

I don't know, but microsoft support is kind of useless. Never helped me in any way other than with that registry script. Grin

Good antivirus is just enough, and I'd suggest malwarebytes, and care what websites and programs you visit and download.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Sharingjoy

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:04:01 PM

It's good to know earlier about this virus and to check my computer if it's already infected. I'm using Eset Nod32 antivirus and it's fine. Thanks for the info and awareness. I hope we are all safe from this type of virus.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:05:52 PM

There are many people who have been a victim of this copy paste virus. When you copy a certain bitcoin address and place it on the sending are the virus will replace the address with the hackers bitcoin address. Though there are many anti-virus such as bit defender but the best way to overcome this is to always double check the btc address .
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 12:06:49 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2), hatshepsut93 (2)

The best way to avoid a copy/paste virus is not to download "risky" executables on the same machine you use to create transactions/store wallets. Also: keep away from risky websites. I mean, if you're browsing the web visiting illegal download sites, download pirated programs, download software from people you don't trust,... you shouldn't be supprised if your pc became infected sooner or later...

I prefer to run linux, don't use the root user unless absolutely necessary, only download binaries from my trusted repos, run clamav on all packages i download (even from trusted sources), make sure my firewall is properly configured and make sure i update my packages regularly.

So far, i haven't had a single virus on my machine (ever).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:08:31 PM

You only need a trusted antivirus with an internet security like Kaspersky for you to not be infected by the copy paste virus. If I were you, I wouldn't recommend Microsoft Security Essentials because it is still prone to other virus that steals cryptocurrencies. I also see no need to discuss this further because we already have the easiest way to be safe from that type of virus. Either way, thanks for this informative post.

Regarding Kapersky, the US government doesn't seem to like them. I'm not saying they're bad or that the allegations against them are true, but it's a factor you may want to consider before using their antivirus.

Either way, the best way to deal with these viruses is to not deal with them at all. If you're running Windows, it's very easy (and free!) to dual boot Linux, which you could use exclusively for crypto activities. Most popular wallets support it, so you won't run into any compatibility issues, and you're far less likely to encounter any malicious viruses in the wild.

hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2144

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:14:08 PM

The best way to avoid a copy/paste virus is not to download "risky" executables on the same machine you use to create transactions/store wallets. Also: keep away from risky websites. I mean, if you're browsing the web visiting illegal download sites, download pirated programs, download software from people you don't trust,... you shouldn't be supprised if your pc became infected sooner or later...

I prefer to run linux, don't use the root user unless absolutely necessary, only download binaries from my trusted repos, run clamav on all packages i download (even from trusted sources), make sure my firewall is properly configured and make sure i update my packages regularly.

This should be enough in most cases, but IMO people should be very paranoid about their bitcoins, because even one misstep is enough to lose your money, and many users hold at least a few coins, so losing $15-20k to some malware is very painful. So, in order to reduce this risk as much as possible, people should only sign Bitcoin transactions in completely isolated environment - either with hardware wallets or with their own cold storage machine.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
supertalker (OP)

Activity: 113

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:15:30 PM

Thank you!

I tried with avast and Kaspersky free version but failed to remove that. I also used malwarebyte but did not work.
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:21:02 PM

I seen that virus from that topics, if you copy the address of bitcoin and paste it you will get another address in your paste, I think you can check it twice before you send it, and I suggest you try Linux os or MacOS because as I know that virus is popular in windows user and they don't know about Linux, so right now the Linux is secure than windows

Chaki

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:26:15 PM

Every computer or laptop depend on brands also has different anti virus software that are working best for them since they also contract on some computer brand works better on a certain software against virus and malicious software.

█▄█▄█  ⚷ ROCATI ⚷ █▄█▄█
First Cryptocurrency Linked to a Tangible Asset: Real Estate Properties
https://www.rocati.net/
Tankdestroyer

Merit: 107

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:57:02 PM

I tried with avast and Kaspersky free version but failed to remove that. I also used malwarebyte but did not work.
Of course free version of Kaspersky and Avast is not good. Try Kaspersky's paid version, I am quite satisfied with their internet security feature. In avast's case though, I think their paid version is also bad and their service is not worth its price.
Regarding Kapersky, the US government doesn't seem to like them. I'm not saying they're bad or that the allegations against them are true, but it's a factor you may want to consider before using their antivirus.
I just use Kaspersky as an example since I think their paid version of internet security is good(which I am using in my laptop). In my desktop PC(which I always use when doing crypto related things when I am at home), I use ESET Nod32 Antivirus.
19nataliya12

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:37:57 PM

Be careful with online services
You should beware of any services that offer the storage of your online funds. Many exchangers and online purses in the past have suffered from security holes and such services are still insufficiently insured and safe to keep funds there, like in a bank. Naturally, you can use other types of bitcoin-purses. Or, you should choose these services very carefully. In addition, two-factor authorization is recommended.
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:47:11 PM

Thank you!

I just heard about it and I have not read the news about it is it really you about the virus? so far I use anti-virus so I have never experienced it and if experienced by me will anyone can help how to solve it.
luckybit1

Activity: 429

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:05:06 PM

i knew nothing about protecting your computer from bitcoin copy past virus! But , i learnt about now.
brylle34

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:18:19 PM

Thank you for the poster, Thank you sir very informative, after i read this post i started to look for Operating system that is secure and away from viruses and compatible with bitcoin. I want to add up also that Linux is free and The most popular Linux distributions are:

Ubuntu Linux

Linux Mint

Arch Linux

Deepin

Fedora

Debian

openSUSE

you can read more from here https://www.linux.com/what-is-linux
Kisska2710

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:00:08 AM

Thanks for this informative article. It's good to know in advance about this virus and to check my computer if it has been infected.
neliawesome

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:25:25 AM

Honestly Im not aware at first what is a copy paste virus.Thanks to this post I learned something new.Well for me just be careful everytime you copy an address as what all people here say and double check it before sending.Then its also good to be careful in opening different websites or downloading an app coz it might be the main reason to get a virus.And lastly I will check all the anti virus app that is suggested here so that in case bad things happened I know what to do.
dmty.0809

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:06:22 AM

How do I know the computer is exposed to a virus? whether from some ico ads detected the existence of the virus? I really do not know the bitcoin virus in my computer.
swirox

Activity: 160

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:27:29 AM

just verify the source of each file you are downloading and for sure you will never get any virus
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: