Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:03:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info Paper Wallet Christmas Nightmare  (Read 694 times)
gregor_mendel (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:08:33 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to give out paper wallets for Christmas and have been locked out of my blockchain wallet. I first got the cryptic (and very unhelpful) error message "cannot ask for private key without user interaction disabled". So, I tried to login to my account via the website. This promptly logged me out of my account on my iPhone. This wouldn't be a problem if my password worked. It doesn't.

I am absolutely sure that my password is correct and yet I am still unable to login to my account in order to fix this very cryptic problem (which I'm not even sure how to do).

The associated address is 15AwQ5r1CxMemXjvNZxggFG27th9jjkZdL

As you can see I was able to send 0.05 to one paper wallet successfully. The other gift for my Dad of 0.10 BTC is unable to send since I'm locked out of my account. The paper wallet address I'm trying to send this to is 1KhkdnmdDKZEDt8GdsaNnBAcgCkM8hMb5

I've been a supporter of BTC since April but this is very disconcerting. This is not more convenient than fiat. I consider myself slightly technologically inclined and, to be quite honest, feel that these gifts were quite wasted as I doubt my family will take the time to figure out how the one working paper wallet works. Forget the gift to my Dad, I can't even figure it out. Feeling quite dispirited now and have pretty much resigned myself to a loss here. I've always been that guy espousing BTC to my family and the whole idea with the paper wallet gifts was to spread the message of BTC. Now I've made myself look like a fool and probably put people off of the whole idea of BTC entirely.

And yes, I had 2FA enabled. Maintain a clean operating environment (no keyloggers), etc... I highly doubt this was the cause of some malicious action. For example, my original deposit (minus the one successful paper wallet transaction) is still sitting in my blockchain.info wallet address.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem and might know of any solutions? Thanks for the help.

gregor_mendel (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:08:03 PM

Bumping for some help (and to get 4 posts so that I can put this in the proper forum).
cryptomatt

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 11:07:27 PM

Have you tried using the backup they send you in your email?
tum0r

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:14:22 PM

Did u have two factor auth activated??......."user interaction disabled"  seems like its activated.

Sorry for bringing the bad news. But it may seem like ur blockchain account, has been hacket
I may be mistaken. And i hope so for ur sake Sad
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:17:49 PM

Seems you may need to go to your email. There may be a email with a confirmation code which you can input into the site login page. This is the 2 factor authentication. If you haven't enabled this then I would make sure that your account hasn't been locked by checking the email associated with the account. Otherwise, try contacting support and see if they can help you any further. You can always reset password with the passphrase you are given upon registration.
gregor_mendel (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:58:02 AM

Thanks for the advice guys, I did have 2FA enabled and received multiple confirmation codes with the last one working. That was yesterday. Today when trying to use the account I received the "user interaction disabled" message and tried to log in to the website using my desktop. This logged me out of my iPhone account and now my password no longer works. I've sent a support ticket to blockchain.info and am waiting on the response.

I have tried using the backup that was sent to my email but that is locked for the same reason that my blockchain.info account is locked: the password won't work.
gregor_mendel (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:33:48 AM

I'm beginning to think that this a bug in the iOS app. For instance, I just created a new account using the same password. When I did this I got an error message stating that the password has to be 10 characters or longer (my password was not). After I clicked "ok" on the error message a new address was generated and a new account was made.
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:23:31 AM

@Gregor_mendel That's probably a bug anyways you should try to contact directly the support.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: