Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:09:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best hardware wallet  (Read 415 times)
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:02:12 AM

Hi All
Keeping in mind the growing security issue of safekeeping our cryptos, just wondering which is the best hardware wallet out there? Thanks in advance for expert suggestion / user's experience.

Hardwallet is more secure than common wallet indeed. but you need to buy it with your money.
It could be ledger s nano or trezor. both of them work well for saving cryptocurrencies.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Innuend0

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:10:28 AM

ledger
juiceannabel

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:30:13 AM

Hi All
Keeping in mind the growing security issue of safekeeping our cryptos, just wondering which is the best hardware wallet out there? Thanks in advance for expert suggestion / user's experience.

The best hard wallet ? They are already the best. hard wallet for cryptocurrency is still not many.
trezor and ledger nano are good for storing bitcoin and other altcoins. you can try to buy it.
Rubick99

Activity: 484
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:41:02 AM

As far as I knew about hardware wallet, nano ledger and trezor is the best hardware wallet for crypto holder. No need to worry if you using this wallet.
nory51

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:50:04 AM

For me the best hardware wallet is example Trezor,Ledger nano,Digital Bitbox and Swissbank you can try it for good securities.
dear53

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:56:51 AM

The most trustworthy and most trusted hardware wallet for me is trezor.io
 Keep Bitcoin in Treasure Account I think I always save..... Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
I think this is the world's number one best hardware wallet..... Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Here is the link: https://wallet.trezor.io/
SPQR_Legionnaire

Activity: 34
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:18:23 AM

Top of my list for the best multi currency wallet for your cryptocurrency is the hugely popular Trezor Hardware Wallet. This multi-currency crypto wallet provides a very high level of security while still being extremely easy to use.

Trezor was the first Bitcoin wallet launched back in 2014 and offers users “cold storage” of multiple crypto assets together with the ability to spend your coins with the convenience of a hot wallet.

The Trezor Wallet is tiny at only 2.4 x 1.2 x 0.2 inches and weighs a mere 0.42 oz. It easily connects to your computer by a USB port.

The Trezor is so safe because it is an “isolated environment” used for offline transactions and it’s fitted with a small display screen so that to you can visually verify your transactions. (In fact, spending Bitcoins is secure even when using a compromised computer!)

The Trezor can be seen as “safe” for your crypto wealth and currently supports the following Bitcoin, Ethereum (+ all ERC-20 tokens), Ethereum Classic, ZCash, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Dash and Bitcoin Testnet.

The Trezor works by keeping private keys on the device and it authorizes transactions through your USB port. To use the Trezor, you will also need to download an app such as Mycelium and then you will be able to move your money around with ease.

The Trezor is compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux, & Android and is my choice for the best multi-currency wallet available today.
Svafnir74

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:19:44 AM

I used hardware wallet Ledger Nano S. This is an inexpensive purse. Quite convenient and reliable wallet, allows you to store a lot of coins. But then I stopped using that wallet. Now I keep bitcoins only on paper wallets.
tokenomics

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:21:58 AM

Ledger Nano S Bitcoin hardware wallet for me is the best one. Has a sleek design, intuitive user interface, a wide support of altcoins (Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Zcash, Dash, Stratis) and most importantly an attractive price tag. At the moment the Nano S sells for €79 which is around $99 making it the most affordable hardware wallet from the top 3 as well.

stripewhite

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:24:24 AM

Ledger nano s software checks the device every time for integrity. Amazon is fine.
lesya-ya

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:08:22 AM

Use, the Ledger Unplugged it is ideal for everyday use, since the device fits perfectly into the purses, and the OTG cable is not required. Wink
Hellokitty09

Activity: 180
Merit: 9

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:20:50 AM

Trezor and ledger and the big two after that I would go keepkey, the only issue with Keepkey is it doesn't update very often on firmware.

Hardware wallets: Ledger or Trezor is the best for bitcoin storage. I know it may be expensive for newcomers but everybody must own at least one hardware wallet soon or later. You can keep your altcoins in the exchanges if the amount is low. Because some altcoin wallets need technical knowledge, if not your pc may be unsecure than exchanges. Trezor is around the longest and as a first hw wallet received a lot of security attention. So I suggest buying yourself a hardware wallet, from an official vendor to avoid scam, and it will give you options to grow your portfolio to some other coins too.
Roberttran

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:23:28 AM

I have tried the trezor wallet and ledger nano wallet.  I like trezor wallet.
Fondo Platform

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:37:35 AM

I have tried the trezor wallet and ledger nano wallet.  I like trezor wallet.

I also prefer trezor. It is used easier.
soulripper

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:49:29 AM

Choosing a wallet for bitcoin storage is also the most important aspect. This is so that the bitcoins stored in the wallet are safe and not easy to be tampered with by others. Among the recommended hardware wallets are the Ledger Nano S wallet, the Trezor Bitcoin wallet, the Keepkey Hardware wallet, the Coolwallet Bitcoin wallet, and the Digital Bitbox. All are among the most widely used wallets.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 05:24:23 PM

I haven't tried more than 1 hardware wallet so I can't give the accurate answer but I thought that I can give my review about Trezor wallet as I am using it since last few months. I wanted the compact hardware wallet to store my funds (mainly BTC and ETH) as the paper wallet was not flexible in my opinion for frequent use. I did some research and found that Trezor and Nano are good wallets in hardware category but I decided to go with Trezor due to easy availability (in my country) and unique design (unlike pen drive) and recommendation from experts in the crypto industry.
romeo111

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:28:49 PM

From my point of view and research I think these are the best hardware wallet

01. Ledger Nano S (Hardware Wallet) ...
02. Ledger Blue (Hardware Wallet) ...
03. Trezor (Hardware Wallet) ...
Hairpin

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:27:49 AM

The Ledger Nano S for me. Here, bitcoins are stored and are kept secure with the use of a microchip and a PIN code. Outgoing transactions will require button presses, so even if your computer was infected with malware, it could not move coins without your permission.
lulutika

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:41:37 AM

The cold wallet is the best wallet on the hardware
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:14:30 AM

Ledger Nano S supports much more crytpocurrencies than the competitors (Trezor). They recently support even Bitcoin Private (Feb'18 fork). The other one is Trezor, which is very recognizable and secure too. Supports less cryptocurrencies. All the other ones are smallish brands.

Ledger cons: Ledger Nano S supports some other derivation path than other HW for Ethereum for some reasons.

Whatever you buy, buy it from original vendor to avoid scam.

I am currently inclined to buy a trezzor wallet, and currently outsourcing from our local supplier. I like to buy from an authorized supplier but it seems it is hard to find and I am worried with some reports about buying from not known supplier as hardware wallet might be compromised. For me, trezzor convinced as a preferred wallet, but I am willing to try ledger variants too in the future.
Both Trezor and Ledger sell from their original sites and you should not have a problem buying from them, including shipment abroad.

On the other hand, you can buy it from Amazon and some other established resellers and you should be OK too, but it is just a degree of security lower than buying from the original site.

Buying from some eBay resellers is just asking for trouble. True, you may save some $, but it may eventually cost you all your crypto-money.

When the product shipment arrives, you should inspect a security seal - to double-check that your device has not been tempered with.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: