Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:08:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe May 2018 willbe the last time that Bitcoin price is under $10000  (Read 552 times)
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:52:09 PM

If may 2018  is the last time we would see bitcoin at $10,000 and below I will be really happy as this is must expected and some investors that buy bitcoin at $10,000 and above will have opportunities to sell there holding.  Many of us that has good interest in cryptocurrencies has the desire to see bitcoin above $10,000. However with the way this market behave it is still possible for bitcoin to grow to $30,000 and still fall below $10,000.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:38:30 PM

In a Tweet on May 3, Sherman-Founder of Bitcoin Foundation Charlie Shrem announced that this month the Bitcoin market would mark an important turning point.

May 2018 will be Bitcoin's "last time" at under $ 10,000. That was Shrem's statement, which made the digital money community flutter. From less than $ 6,500 in the first quarter of this year, BTC / USD prices rose by over 30% in April and have kept rising ever since. Previously, there was a long-term trend analysis indicating the beginning of the 'hold' phase for Bitcoin. Right from the first week of the month, we have seen one of the most obvious signs that an uptrend may begin soon. Currently, Bitcoin has been traded at $ 8,397.10 and Ethereum at $ 700.10.

With Shrem's strong statement, do you believe from June 2018, Bitcoin and Ethereum will change drastically and the value will start to increase rapidly?

Bitcoin could stay under $10k for a long time, as it has for a few months now.

There are absolutely no guarantees as to if next month all of a sudden we will go into a period of full on bullishness, and people get hyped up. In fact, $10k has demonstrated to be quite strong as a resistance level. It'll be hard to even break that $10k level to begin with within 1 month, let alone act as support for the rest of BTC's lifespan.

As much as I'm a bitcoin bull in the long run, I don't think that there are any reason ta say that bitcoin can't dip below $10k again during a period of bear market. That's just an absurd proposition to make right now, imho.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:42:28 PM

I`m not buying this one. Price is so unpredictable that I don`t trust in any prediction about any price. Market is moving up slowly, some of the big things will happen but when and how is impossible to predict. My opinion is that we will stay where we are now for a while, crossing 10,000$ will need to wait for couple months minimum.
Even if we cross 10,000$ nobody can guarantee that we will stay there, turbulent times for bitcoin and crypto market that have a lot of red days this year, lets get out from this storm and then we will talk about new bottom at 5 digits price.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:57:21 PM

I may not thinking of that cause price fluctuations happen every time. The only possible thing happens are going beyond $10k or going down. We know how market volatility getting strong and it seems to be hard to speculate price at this time.
vickybitcoin

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:42:22 AM

In a Tweet on May 3, Sherman-Founder of Bitcoin Foundation Charlie Shrem announced that this month the Bitcoin market would mark an important turning point.

May 2018 will be Bitcoin's "last time" at under $ 10,000. That was Shrem's statement, which made the digital money community flutter. From less than $ 6,500 in the first quarter of this year, BTC / USD prices rose by over 30% in April and have kept rising ever since. Previously, there was a long-term trend analysis indicating the beginning of the 'hold' phase for Bitcoin. Right from the first week of the month, we have seen one of the most obvious signs that an uptrend may begin soon. Currently, Bitcoin has been traded at $ 8,397.10 and Ethereum at $ 700.10.

With Shrem's strong statement, do you believe from June 2018, Bitcoin and Ethereum will change drastically and the value will start to increase rapidly?

This are all predictions no one can say for sure what will really happened with bitcoin price in the coming months. Many were speculative that May the price will reach to 15k but it did not happened. Everything is possible though so we keep an open mind and stay positive!
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:54:49 AM

I may not thinking of that cause price fluctuations happen every time. The only possible thing happens are going beyond $10k or going down. We know how market volatility getting strong and it seems to be hard to speculate price at this time.

And it's foolish to think about such certainty with any crypto coin. Bitcoin still has a lot of room for growth and that also includes drops and "crashes" that may very well be below 10k in the coming months.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:48:09 AM

Ok! We have heard, but the fact is that only time can tell and not what someone, whoever he may be, thinks it is going to be. Market is volatile and unexpected things can always happen and for someone baselessly assuming that the market will perform in a certain way at a particular point in time is just not reasonable.

We may get to see this and it could go the other way, but the best is just to accept whatever comes and if you are an investor, worry yourself less or do not give yourself too much short term hope based on some speculations and just look forward to the future. As far as I am concerned, there is definitely no analysis to back up what he has said and that pretty much makes it suck.
crypto002

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:51:45 PM

People are also saying that we're off to a bull market soon due to consensus 2018(May 14-16), as price increases occured some time after the past consensus events. Though not because it happened in the past, it doesn't automatically mean it's going to happen again this year.

Well yes it may not going happen again this year but you have to do notice that there were many people attending this year its almost 8000 people attended  the event and the ticket price was almost 2000 to 3000 dollar and they were big investor attending it.
So my believe it will increase the price of bitcoin. You cant deny those things which may help to increase the price of bitcoin
monalia

Activity: 685
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:06:28 PM

Most of the experts are said this month only is fluctuating in Bitcoin next month it will going to peak. I hope Bitcoin is always successful platform in crypto platform so it raise constantly in future. But recently all the coins are moving backward so peoples are panic to invest in Bitcoin. This is not a continuous drop so it will not affect the Bitcoin reputation and this will reach 10k USD in end of the month.

bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:11:08 PM

I was not sure about this.Bitcoin is the decentralized currency,so anything will happen in anytime.You can't say,bitcoin will not reduce lower than 10,000$ after this month.When the price of bitcoin reach 19,000$,I had thought the price will cross 25k$ by the end of March.But what happened in the bitcoin?
It change to reverse of value.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:12:54 PM

And it's foolish to think about such certainty with any crypto coin. Bitcoin still has a lot of room for growth and that also includes drops and "crashes" that may very well be below 10k in the coming months.
Yes the price may dumo again even after the May if the market condition is not favour of them.There are many reasons influencing the bitcoin prices and most likely the regulation from the governments affect the mindset of bitcoin investors.Recently there is news that Zimbabwe banned the cryptos that maybe the reason for the current crash.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:10:43 PM

There is really no way we can really as all that is simply speculation. On what basis is this going to happen and even if it does, how can we get to know what the future really holds for bitcoin as we could still come back down even if we get to hit above $10k in coming days but the thing I know is that when we see the trend, we will follow it and that is all that matters and enough of all the unnecessary and baseless speculations, no matter who is giving them.

I must agree with OP as I too believe this year and in more particularly this quarter must the be only chance to buy bitcoins for less than $10 prices. I may go wrong here as only this month May may have bitcoin prices levels less than $10k.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:08:48 PM

There is nothing special about May - it won't be a barrier or something which will prevent the price of BTC from crumbling down.
I expect that if we will hear about some sort negative news, FUD or another bitcoin restriction price might as well hit ~$6k~

pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:38:03 PM

Yes ,i do believe that this month is the last time we will see bitcoin under 10,000$, maybe the ongoing consensus will attract investors and newly comers will enter the world of crypto.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:10:32 AM

I don't buy it at all.

I think that he is completely ignoring the possibility that bitcoin may, and probably will, experience future bear markets that will take prices down unexpectedly to low levels. It simply makes no sense to guarantee bitcoin is going to stay above $10k for eternity, when we can't predict what goes on in future bear markets in which the extent of the crash may be much bigger.

Plus, with the correction that just came, it'll be hard for bitcoin to even get above $10k this month with respect to the lower levels that we are currently at, and the strong barrier of $10k. As I said, I don't see this prediction being realistic or even a serious one.

Smiley
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:26:41 AM

Lol what is ''strong statement''?whats that stands for?

Lol those what they calls "analysts " are the real guilty here,because they always put falls hope by making the fools believe that prices will reach something like this and something like that.

Though the truth is they will just doing this for own interest,they are trolling the users so price will favor their ways
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:39:11 PM

Only 11 days of May left. He might be wrong even before June start.  I bet he will say his Twitter was hacked. LOL
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 08:09:06 PM

I think Shrem is about to join a very select and elite group of people - the people that make wild price predictions or claims without logic or facts or rationale, are proven wrong, and are thought of as jokes in the community forever thereafter. He'll join the ranks of Craig Wright, Roger Ver, and Tom Lee...it's impressive how quickly these people have ruined their reputations!

With 11 days left, I can nearly guarantee you that Bitcoin will not exceed $10,000 and never look back in that time frame. Everyone here would love it, but it's just not going to happen.

What Shrem is trying to do is to generate a buying spree based on his comments. He's arrogant. He thinks his reputation is so strong that his mere words can drive the market. He's a foolish kid.

By the way, what's a "Sherman-Founder"?
loreykyutt05

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Free Crypto in Stake.com Telegram t.me/StakeCasino

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:57:38 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 06:49:28 AM by loreykyutt05

Lol what is ''strong statement''?whats that stands for?

Lol those what they calls "analysts " are the real guilty here,because they always put falls hope by making the fools believe that prices will reach something like this and something like that.

Though the truth is they will just doing this for own interest,they are trolling the users so price will favor their ways
I agree they are forcing others to believe on their false hope , I dont know where they do get that strong statement however there is just few days left before june and bitcoin doesn't even hit 10k. I feel sorry for those people who believe on this.

tableofcontents

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:09:23 AM

If Charlie Shrem releases that statement, there must be some trigger that the public does not know at the moment. But due to the very fact that at the moment, Bitcoin is very volatile, no one really knows. Only the future can tell what it holds for Bitcoin and everyone that has invested a lot in it. The funny thing here is that I myself am quite positive that Bitcoin will increase in price later, this is mainly my personal belief, speculation and opinion. The fact is right now, BTC has a very good chance or tendency to drop in prices by a lot. That being said, I believe in BTC   Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: