Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:26:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes?  (Read 3267 times)
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:24:08 PM

of course to sell because it's an opportunity I can benefit from a year the market has experienced a drastic decline. so never miss a good opportunity if you don't want to regret it later

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mcTether

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 03:30:10 PM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
I usually don't waste time to sell once I get information of such sudden rise in a coin I am holding. The wise thing will always be to sell and buy back again at low price.
Chibongvdg

Activity: 561
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:50:47 PM

I am gonna sell and buy back again at the low price. Atleast I got myself a profit and I will be able to buy the same amount of token again or maybe a little bit more. You should be wise in buy and selling to keep up the profit.
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 03:57:24 PM

My reaction is generally similar to that of other people. The fact is that many people start selling when prices are just starting to rise, then there is a state of greed and other people are waiting. I sell it at these moments.
Lolox

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 04:12:21 PM

The price of coins rises, of course, I will sell coins because this will be a good opportunity to profit. And when the price of coins decreases, I will not immediately buy it and I better glance at other coins. And when the coin decreases we will wait a long time for the price to rise again.

P A R A M O U N T ▬▬  DAX  ▬▬                    Digital E X C H A N G E
██ [   We have a license   ◾ F V R 0 0 0 3 6 3   ◾ F R K 0 0 0 3 0 4   ] ██
WHITEPAPER   ◥ bitcointalk   ◥ twitter   ◥ facebook      | ► JOIN NOW
Loopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 04:31:11 PM

My reaction is generally similar to that of other people. The fact is that many people start selling when prices are just starting to rise, then there is a state of greed and other people are waiting. I sell it at these moments.

The nature of wanting to get more things will occur in the human brain so that all greed will be felt by others. So it's best to use the opportunity to make good profits for you.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2002
Merit: 147

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 04:49:13 PM

I'm more of a long term holder and the only coins I posses are bitcoin, eth and exrn so short term spikes don't affect me. Though if I were in a position where I could liquidate my assets without this idea, I'd probably sell them of and just wait for the right opportunity to buy back at the dip. Of course there's the risk of it pumping after selling but there's no point in sulking since i have no hindsight information to begin with.

Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 05:17:47 PM

I'm trying to sell to buy back cheaper. This is not always possible, because I use limit orders for sell. I have accumulated a lot of assets, can not track everything. CMC provides information with a delay.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
No Pain No blood

Activity: 658
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 05:29:22 PM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
I usually don't waste time to sell once I get information of such sudden rise in a coin I am holding. The wise thing will always be to sell and buy back again at low price.

yes you really better sell before it's too late. holding on will only make you regret later. the price will not be forever, what else is caused by the pump. so sooner or later it will definitely be a dump. selling is the best choice if you find a situation like this.
whiteblue

Activity: 1246

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 05:34:44 PM

I'm more of a long term holder and the only coins I posses are bitcoin, eth and exrn so short term spikes don't affect me. Though if I were in a position where I could liquidate my assets without this idea, I'd probably sell them of and just wait for the right opportunity to buy back at the dip. Of course there's the risk of it pumping after selling but there's no point in sulking since i have no hindsight information to begin with.
your method is very difficult to do because no one will know when bitcoin prices can touch at the base price or low price and no one will know the bitcoin price movements will fall or rise, so take the risks and buy coins as much as possible when the price falls.
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 05:35:03 PM

I will probably wait for the coin to rise further and base from, this is not a good strategy. This is being greedy and this is not a good trait, you could end up losing those golden opportunity.

davit putra
Copper Member

Activity: 409
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 05:38:10 PM

If there is a jump, I will sell partially, and for other parts I will hold it and to wait if the price is higher then I can get more profit. And because of unexpected price conditions, I never sold everything.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 05:52:43 PM

I usually hit the buy/sell button whenever there is a big movement . Greed can be your enemy in this situation, this is why it is important to buy or sell bit by bit.  Any major movement should be an opportunity to buy or sell, whether it is a steadey one sided movement. A steady downward movement for example requires that you  buy all the major dips to sell bit by bit in a steady uptrend
mickey_miner

Activity: 910

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 06:38:28 PM

I just keep hodling. Because I'm not a trader and all my attempts to make money on speculation ended in loss of money)

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
ataki

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 06:41:32 PM

If the coin spikes I am usually taking the profit and if the price dumps buying back cheaper. We do not lose until we do not sell, and we do not make profit until we do not take it. But, it really depends on the coin itself and  the market situation
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:08:18 PM

first of all it's hard to fix the moment of the highest price. but even then you think that token can grow more and don't sell it.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:11:06 PM

I usually try the follow the price and to determine when it reaches the highest price and sell at that price. If it's a project I wish to still hodl, I try to buy back when the price falls.
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:41:07 PM

How are you sure that a coin that has been able to surge to that point, will not rise above it and if it falls, it will not fall back to the price you sold it.
If you feel the profit is enough for you, sell and walkaway, but if not, you might want to risk it.
If you are a good trader, you might be able to take some reasonable risks and still be able to make your profit.
nityans

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 09:42:48 PM

n this situation, when a coin rises in price on 30% to me is a good signal to sell, I'm trying to sell it and not sell it all at once is the part that I leave on for long periods of time and usually put the price below to buy it again.
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:28:37 PM

Well it all depends on the coins you have in stock and the future and potential it has. If it really got future then you keep them safe even if the price spikes but if it turns out to have no future then then don't think twice to dump it anytime it gain some appreciated value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: