Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:20:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381508 times)
digi123

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:32:36 AM

Hi skycoin,

Thanks for sending the coins but I am still unable to receive them. I have a new problem.

I am able to start up skycoin ok now, I have the wallet open, and things are working but I'm seeing
"Failed to read from  "
"Failed to connect to  "
"disconnected because: invalid version"
coming up over and over.
The wallet shows a 0 SKY balance.

I have tried a number of times at different times.
What is going on now? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:58:22 PM

Mr Robot scenarists came here for inspiration  Grin
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 08:17:47 AM

when will we have a exchange platform for this?

thank you!
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 02:42:39 AM

So, you basically do the same thing as Stellar, which has excellent documentation and an actual working product... but Stellar's market value is less than $10 million, yours is not yet released and you are selling it as if it has a market cap of $1 billion?  100 times higher?  Really?  Am I missing something?

Can I also short it for that price?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:09:33 PM

So, you basically do the same thing as Stellar, which has excellent documentation and an actual working product... but Stellar's market value is less than $10 million, yours is not yet released and you are selling it as if it has a market cap of $1 billion?  100 times higher?  Really?  Am I missing something?

Yes. You are missing a lot of things, mainly common sense by assuming the market valuation of a project (Stellar) that used by nobody is more relevant than the market valuation of an other project (Skycoin) that is also used by nobody.

Terms of whether Skycoin does the same thing as Stellar or not, no. Skycoin does not do the same thing as Stellar. Skycoin has a unique vision mainly with regards to the mesh network and of course all other aspects of digital currency. There is a reason why many follow this project and why virtually is nobody interested in Stellar in the real world despite the large team of Stellar.

Summa summarum, be happy with your $ 10 million venture (even if that value has same meaning as the Monopoly play money) and no shilling of Stellar is required in the thread of other digital currencies.
mczarnek

Activity: 527

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:19:16 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 12:58:46 AM by mczarnek

So, you basically do the same thing as Stellar, which has excellent documentation and an actual working product... but Stellar's market value is less than $10 million, yours is not yet released and you are selling it as if it has a market cap of $1 billion?  100 times higher?  Really?  Am I missing something?

Yes. You are missing a lot of things, mainly common sense by assuming the market valuation of a project (Stellar) that used by nobody is more relevant than the market valuation of an other project (Skycoin) that is also used by nobody.

Terms of whether Skycoin does the same thing as Stellar or not, no. Skycoin does not do the same thing as Stellar. Skycoin has a unique vision mainly with regards to the mesh network and of course all other aspects of digital currency. There is a reason why many follow this project and why virtually is nobody interested in Stellar in the real world despite the large team of Stellar.

Summa summarum, be happy with your $ 10 million venture (even if that value has same meaning as the Monopoly play money) and no shilling of Stellar is required in the thread of other digital currencies.

How does it's mesh network work?  What is the difference between this and Stellar?

Stellar also achieves the goal that if the majority of your followers are honest, then you get the right result, right?

Anyway I really am interested in learning more about this.

Though regardless this is still definitely too expensive to my taste... I want to be able to make an upside if people start using it, not hope to break even.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:06:46 AM

OP, still on the book reading list, but missing you here...
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 09:34:23 PM

New World Order will not get our Conspiracycoins Skycoins:

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:51:18 PM

Hi skycoin,

Thanks for sending the coins but I am still unable to receive them. I have a new problem.

I am able to start up skycoin ok now, I have the wallet open, and things are working but I'm seeing
"Failed to read from  "
"Failed to connect to  "
coming up over and over.

I have the same thing
SaltedPickles

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:55:48 PM

Does this coin use the sha-256 hashing algorithm.
lujunqing7890

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 12:54:42 AM

IPO hundreds bitcoins, you always say politics, not research, you want us to say you are a liar?
Look at this money, you think how much popularity, there are many people listening to your politics.
IPO not before, you should say on SKY Exchange, to how, do not have a lot of plans, much of it is a lie?
Now almost four months, no research money, all comes down to your politics, but also to go out sightseeing. You do not know all the hard work we have this money frugally remaining here?
You're going to become a liar, I still hold bitcoins.
有错误?

skycoin (OP)

Activity: 498

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 11:27:15 AM

Hi skycoin,

"Failed to read from  "
"Failed to connect to  "
coming up over and over.

I have the same thing

Windows client needs to be updated. There were changes in networking
- crypto library has to finish being ported to golang only.
- then cross compilation needs to be setup
- then cross platform builds will be automatic

Fixing that now, then will update client and try to get exchange working.

The issue is person doing windows build, accidentally deleted the virtual machine for the builds. However it forces me to get the crypto port done, which I have been procrastinating on, because it is tedious.

I have been distracted by other things. Getting back to coding.

digi123

Activity: 236

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 08:24:59 AM

Hi skycoin,

"Failed to read from  "
"Failed to connect to  "
coming up over and over.

I have the same thing

Windows client needs to be updated. There were changes in networking
- crypto library has to finish being ported to golang only.
- then cross compilation needs to be setup
- then cross platform builds will be automatic

Fixing that now, then will update client and try to get exchange working.

The issue is person doing windows build, accidentally deleted the virtual machine for the builds. However it forces me to get the crypto port done, which I have been procrastinating on, because it is tedious.

I have been distracted by other things. Getting back to coding.

Thanks for the work your putting into it, I hope this will all be sorted out soon and I can have a working client and wallet. I will then finally be able to get the coins you have sent. Once I see things working I will purchase more as I have been wanting to do for awhile now.
The exchange will be very important to have up and running as soon as possible as well.
Will be great to see things come together in an easy to use and workable fashion.

chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 11:56:30 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2015, 02:32:22 AM by chompyZ

To the best of my understanding, this might just work better as part of the generic skycoin protocol than as a smart contract

https://medium.com/@resilience_me/using-a-genetic-algorithm-for-self-organising-emergent-tax-rates-in-a-crypto-basic-income-system-fbb9d60ba7fa
altcoinUK

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:49:18 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 04:11:47 PM by altcoinUK

Bitcoin will not survive.

I agree with that and we have been discussing this at the Marty Armstrong thread. Armstrong - who has been pretty much spot on virtually on all major issues - projected what's going to happen: governments simply won't allow Bitcoin grow over a certain size. Once Bitcoin start threatening the tax revenue then governments and law enforcement will act.

Now, the usual, naive, idealistic and childish arguments of the audience of this forum against this premise is that Bitcoin is decentralized, and therefore it is impossible to shut it down. In contrast you have very nicely summarized how in fact governments, law enforcement and big tech companies can and will implement a system that will simply disallow for average users to use such technologies. Since 99% of the users are less tech-savvy, the future or more precisely the non-future of Bitcoin is pretty much determined.

We need an internet infrastructure and communication/messaging infrastructure that can be maintained and survive in the event of a war or civilization collapse

It's really cool what you are doing, especially identifying how important the infrastructure in the context of standing-up against totalitarianism. Keep up the good work!
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 01:16:00 PM

Will skycoin be tradeable in the near future?

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
reverse02

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 10:38:21 AM

check out this 2025 population forecast for the US:

http://www.deagel.com/country/forecast.aspx

USA 2014: 319 million - 2025: 65 million

Whats going to happen there?

Economic crash and migration?
Where do they migrate
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:16:32 PM

Will skycoin be tradeable in the near future?

The lack of postings the last weeks worries me a bit. Come on skycoin give us a sign of live.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
skycoin (OP)

Activity: 498

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 12:34:14 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2015, 12:55:33 AM by skycoin

Update

One of the three major project milestones is almost done. The crypto library port is nearly finished.

I am excited about checking this off list, because it is one of the most critical and time consuming things.

Boring Details

This is the fourth crypto library we have gone through. After first, we had to do testing and write fuzzing library and test suite, to make sure that the new library behaves as it should and do not not have strange edge cases. We found problems or bugs with every library so far.

It is very tedious, because the results needs to be exactly the same down to the bit, or deterministic wallets are screwed up or a weak key can be generated, or if invalid input is allowed it can leak bits of your private key. There are also issues with little endian vs big endian for data inputs and enforcing signature malleability.

For instance, nearly every single implementation of RSA is screwed up. If you input random data or weird/invalid edge cases, you get different outputs for each implementation and you can often get them to leak bits of the private key.

We are using gocoin's goloang port of SIPA's implementation of SIPA's implementation of secp256k1, that he wrote to replace OpenSSL. We found some problems, such as allowing public key generation from a private key with an order greater than the order of the curve. Public key generation from the private key succeeds without error, but the public key fails validation or cannot be used.

I wrote 80 unit tests, generating random instances and checking the implementations against each other on billions of inputs and am going through and fixing up last bugs.

Meshnet/Darknet

Will have update on this soon.

Major progress. There was no GUI to allow it to do what was needed, so decided on terminal interface and small scripting language. The terminal and shell interface type is very powerful.

You can generate things like this in a few lines. Its a lot better than HTML or gui interface.

The idea is to have a small scripting language like C/Go and have shell, where users can patch together scripts. If HTTPS is unblocked out of country, you might run script to tunnel out going connection over HTTPS or embed the data stream in another protocol, like email.

A node has "severlets" which are these small scripts, that communicate by sending length prefixed messages to each other (simple format). A node will be running multiple scripts at once. A script might expose an API, so other scripts can grab data from it (like a webserver) and then another script locally might render an animated graph. Or you can sub-divide the terminal into panes or sub-windows, with a script that has scripts running in the sub-windows.

The most difficult part of the meshnet, is that you may have three hundred nodes and you need status reports, data, need to be able to rapidly modify them and get information. So you have to have scripts, running scripts on the remote nodes and pulling data into a "command center" where you can see what is going on.

The simplest script and the core backbone, takes in a packet over a "channel", then reads the header and then forwards the packet to the next node on a path.

I want something that a 12 or 14 year old can monkey patch or improve. The kind of internet blocking we will see in the future may be extreme and there is no configure that works best in all situations.

This is technically a "multi-agent system", which is one step beyond "peer to peer". It is "cybernetic" instead of peer to peer. You have multiple agents with their own state, resources and set of actions they can do. They exchanging messages with each other and try to cooperatively achieve a goal, but each agent only has its local view of what is going on and needs to communicate with the other agents to coordinate.

This is a new research area, but there are very simple algorithms that appear to work pretty well.

altcoinUK

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 01:59:58 PM

Interesting post, thanks!
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: