Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:16:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381508 times)
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:46:23 PM

I would like a progress review post.. what has been done and what on the to do list and what is the future...?

I bought the ICO today, I understand it has been development for 7 years, do this mean it nearly fully featured..?

An update will come pretty soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uk5108523953nj

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:52:15 PM

I would like a progress review post.. what has been done and what on the to do list and what is the future...?

I bought the ICO today, I understand it has been development for 7 years, do this mean it nearly fully featured..?

An update will come pretty soon.
are you Teacher Jiang?
I've been adoring you all the time
chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:28:19 PM

you can buy it now on https://www.c2cx.com/trade_sky

OP posted that users can also buy directly through bitmessage, and he/she listed a BM address for the ICO.
AFAIK this worked fine during the first ICO two years ago.
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 04:48:04 PM

are u finally launching after 3.5 years?

The project will be tradeable soon, the network is already running, you can download the wallet and run main net. Try transations, the network is extremely efficient and fast.

justinc2014

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 10:57:00 PM

icocountdown are connected to coin interview if so are you going to have a interview on your show anon style..
Caesar V

Activity: 369

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:29:51 AM

Caesar approves.
justinc2014

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 04:27:04 AM

https://www.c2cx.com/trade_sky

The coin is redeemable but not trade able at the moment.

ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 10:33:11 AM

icocountdown are connected to coin interview if so are you going to have a interview on your show anon style..

The coin is very privacy centric however I am sure we can get some people on for an interview yes Smiley

shutaru1985

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 11:27:51 AM

i would like to reserve portuguese translation if possible. thanks!

also, can we earn coins by setting up a node, did i get it right? anyone care to point me in the right direction?
xtester

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:01:52 PM

are u finally launching after 3.5 years?

The project will be tradeable soon, the network is already running, you can download the wallet and run main net. Try transations, the network is extremely efficient and fast.

sorry for asking if it's already been said, but the thread is a bit too long to follow. hope someone can enlighten me:

is the token launched already? was it via ICO or ... ? i read on OP no PoW/PoS and no mining..

so how will i be able to get some SKY?

A clear OP update should be available by the end of the week. It will answer lots of questions and make things pretty straightforward.
td services

Activity: 448

black swan hunter

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:59:03 PM

Hi xtester, can I go hunting on your farm? Very happy to see Skycoin picking up the pace.
Skyrik

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

ICONOMI Supporter

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 12:27:57 AM

- https://qtum.org

Qtum, will probably replace ethereum because it is simpler and has fewer problems. The UXTO model is much cleaner. They have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far.

I won't trust dev that promoting qtum-SCAM.....
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 03:42:03 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2017, 04:13:16 AM by stormia

Qtum, will probably replace ethereum because it is simpler and has fewer problems. The UXTO model is much cleaner. They have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far.

Seriously is this a joke Skycoin? Especially this part: "they have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far."

Are you talking about the qtum cofounder Steven Dai who worked on BitBay but then ran away and stole BTC and BAY from the project? He hasn't worked on that project since scamming it and running away 2 years ago, everything BitBay is today is not because of him in fact it is in spite of him and the project clearly would have been better off without him stealing from it. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890531.msg17942817#msg17942817
More details: https://medium.com/@icocountdown/due-diligence-pack-for-qtum-7369ef48917b

Or are you talking about the other qtum cofounder earlz who developed and then abandoned shitcoins such as Supcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=950084.0 and Megcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=594886.0 ?

What Devs are you talking about and what two previous coins?

Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet? It's just vaporware at this point. Just like the 15 million USD in ICO funds they claim to have raised while refusing to provide tx ids or addresses so that people can confirm that claim and keep track of the funds (something even more important than usual considering one cofounder of the project is on record for having stolen funds from a previous project he worked on).

I thought I was interested in this project but now I have some serious doubts if you are endorsing that shitshow.
onemanatatime

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Aluna.Social

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 05:30:23 PM

https://www.c2cx.com/trade_sky

The coin is redeemable but not trade able at the moment.

So this is basically an ICO? Why is it only 500,000 is available when supply is 10m ? Thats worth a total of 5000 BTC at the rate of 2000SKY=1BTC

This time it's different.
Spratan

Activity: 689
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 09:52:17 PM

I have not looked at qtum's code.

We know the qtum founder and he is one of the largest investors in Skycoin from four years ago, before qtum or any of this. Some of the people around him are legendary scammers, but he is not a scammer.

I think Patricks role in the bitbay situation is exaggerated. I read through the arguments and it just sounds like drama.

Many of the people in the Bitcoin community are sociopaths. They often steal things or cause drama, then immediately blame it or scapegoat it on someone else. They are not even done stealing the money, before they go on campaign of moral indignation against the fall person.

I think Patrick was blamed for Bitbay because his personality makes him an easy victim for sociopaths and the human predators in the bitcoin community. There are people walking around, sizing people up and trying to determine whether they can manipulate someone, setup a scam, steal things and who is going to be gullible or a fall person.

If you knew the people involved, you would understand what the social dynamic is.

>Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?

Ethereum is using an accounts model, like Ripple. Which is anti-blockchain and anti-privacy and very traceable. It is against the philosophy of Bitcoin.

All coins going forward will be on the UXTO model and it is best practice for blockchain. Moving turing complete smart contracts off of accounts model and onto UXTO is extremely important and that is what qtum appears to be doing.

We need to figure out how to do general computation on a UXTO model. Instead of being restrained to the Ripple/Ethereum accounts model.

I think they will get closer to the goal, but only get there part way
- thin client for smart contracts (major limitation for existing system)
- moving smart contracts onto UXTO (major milestone)

I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction. I talked to one of their technical leads and they were focused on "Getting it working with something we can do now" and then incremental improvement over time. So first implementing the Ethereum virtual machine on top of UXTO, then working out the research problems for a native turing complete UXTO language later.

I do not know if there is a way to full UXTO while still having "gas". I think you will need to get rid of the "gas". In the ethereum model to take full advantage. I do not know if qtum will be able to go far enough in doing that, but is heading in the correct direction.

Ethereum tries to be both a token and a computer.
- we started with pure tokens (Bitcoin)
- then we added a computer to the tokens (Ethereum)
- now we just trying to figure out how to build  pure computer on UXTO
- Then once we have the computer, the tokens or coins just become a program or entity running on this "distributed computer"

Bitcoin, Ethereum, qtum, byteballs, etc are just stepping stones. Towards a final solution. None of these will exist or be relevant in ten years. We are in an age of transition and I am looking at the projects that are getting closer to the goal, in a pure mathematical sense.

Even Skycoin is being ripped up and its foundations constantly rewritten when it is advantageous to do so. Bitcoin is static and relatively unchanging, while Ethereum has been able to get the community to accept constant small changes.

Skycoin is on a punctuated equilibrium model, where we do bug fixes and polishing, then completely rip up and rebuild the foundation as needed, then go back to bug fixes and polishing.

Right now, we are exploring new networking primitives and the advantage of immutable data structures, but are still on blockchain. Putting EVM on UXTO is heading towards immutable data structures from the perspective of computation, while we are heading towards immutable data structures from the path of consensus, networking and simplifying object synchronization protocols.

One of the pilots that is being spun out of that project is the distibuted, peer-to-peer social media platform built upon immutable data structures and peer-to-peer object replication. For this Skycoin chose a public key, cryptographic publisher/subscriber model and DAG immutable object tree. While Ethereum's project chose a Kadmelia DHT block storage model.

Ignoring the individuals and the drama, I am just looking at the "future direction" and who is heading in that direction.

>Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?

I am not confident it will replace Ethereum. At the start, it will be equivalent to ethereum in terms of being able to run the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) on top of qtum with UXTO. Then they will do a native language.

It will depend on the implementation. I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction.

Similarly, Byteballs may fail or may not exist in ten years, but they are pioneering the first experiments into replacing the Blockchain with a DAG. Which we have been considering for several years now.

Similarly, Bitcoin was the first but people are getting used to the idea that it will not be the final or best cryptocurrency. That it was just the first generation and that we can build better and improve it substantially.

At the moment, we may prefer news and answers about Skycoin than about other coins !
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 10:22:03 PM

We know the qtum founder and he is one of the largest investors in Skycoin from four years ago, before qtum or any of this. Some of the people around him are legendary scammers, but he is not a scammer.

I think Patricks role in the bitbay situation is exaggerated. I read through the arguments and it just sounds like drama.

Many of the people in the Bitcoin community are sociopaths. They often steal things or cause drama, then immediately blame it or scapegoat it on someone else. They are not even done stealing the money, before they go on campaign of moral indignation against the fall person.

I think Patrick was blamed for Bitbay because his personality makes him an easy victim for sociopaths and the human predators in the bitcoin community. There are people walking around, sizing people up and trying to determine whether they can manipulate someone, setup a scam, steal things and who is going to be gullible or a fall person.

If you knew the people involved, you would understand what the social dynamic is.

Ethereum is using an accounts model, like Ripple. Which is anti-blockchain and anti-privacy and very traceable. It is against the philosophy of Bitcoin.

All coins going forward will be on the UXTO model and it is best practice for blockchain. Moving turing complete smart contracts off of accounts model and onto UXTO is extremely important and that is what qtum appears to be doing.

We need to figure out how to do general computation on a UXTO model. Instead of being restrained to the Ripple/Ethereum accounts model.

I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction. I talked to one of their technical leads and they were focused on "Getting it working with something we can do now" and then incremental improvement over time. So first implementing the Ethereum virtual machine on top of UXTO, then working out the research problems for a native turing complete UXTO language later.

I do not know if there is a way to full UXTO while still having "gas". I think you will need to get rid of the "gas". In the ethereum model to take full advantage. I do not know if qtum will be able to go far enough in doing that, but is heading in the correct direction.

- Then once we have the computer, the tokens or coins just become a program or entity running on this "distributed computer"

Bitcoin, Ethereum, qtum, byteballs, etc are just stepping stones. Towards a final solution. None of these will exist or be relevant in ten years. We are in an age of transition and I am looking at the projects that are getting closer to the goal, in a pure mathematical sense.

Even Skycoin is being ripped up and its foundations constantly rewritten when it is advantageous to do so. Bitcoin is static and relatively unchanging, while Ethereum has been able to get the community to accept constant small changes.

Skycoin is on a punctuated equilibrium model, where we do bug fixes and polishing, then completely rip up and rebuild the foundation as needed, then go back to bug fixes and polishing.

Right now, we are exploring new networking primitives and the advantage of immutable data structures, but are still on blockchain. Putting EVM on UXTO is heading towards immutable data structures from the perspective of computation, while we are heading towards immutable data structures from the path of consensus, networking and simplifying object synchronization protocols.

One of the pilots that is being spun out of that project is the distibuted, peer-to-peer social media platform built upon immutable data structures and peer-to-peer object replication. For this Skycoin chose a public key, cryptographic publisher/subscriber model and DAG immutable object tree. While Ethereum's project chose a Kadmelia DHT block storage model.

Ignoring the individuals and the drama, I am just looking at the "future direction" and who is heading in that direction.

I am not confident it will replace Ethereum. At the start, it will be equivalent to ethereum in terms of being able to run the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) on top of qtum with UXTO. Then they will do a native language.

It will depend on the implementation. I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction.

Similarly, Byteballs may fail or may not exist in ten years, but they are pioneering the first experiments into replacing the Blockchain with a DAG. Which we have been considering for several years now.

Similarly, Bitcoin was the first but people are getting used to the idea that it will not be the final or best cryptocurrency. That it was just the first generation and that we can build better and improve it substantially.

At the moment, we may prefer news and answers about Skycoin than about other coins !

He can compare new technology, this is what will keep Skycoin on top - to be a market leader you must understand what others are doing Smiley

Skyrik

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

ICONOMI Supporter

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 10:37:52 PM

Byteball first real? What is about IOTA?) Cheesy

Defenitly scam ico.. sorry but not.... you are promoting qtum  and defend his project) and this phrase:

I won't invest in project that involved with Patrick....

xtester

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 10:52:37 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2017, 06:35:19 PM by xtester

JOIN THE DECENTRALIZED INTERNET - ICO OPEN

* Written from scratch in Golang. Solving bitcoin problems. *
* Innovative consensus algorithm. Provably secure. Not based upon PoW or PoS. *
* No mining. No 51% attack. No double spending. *

Important Links
Website | Wallet | Blockchain Explorer | Whitepapers | Exchange | Github | Telegram Group

What is Skycoin?

Skycoin is a flexible yet potent network of interdependent layers, which begun development in 2012 with the goal of addressing several of bitcoin's limitations. The first phase of Skycoin was a major research undertaking which has taken several years and will conclude with the implementation and official launch of the Skycoin platform. The second phase will focus on bootstrapping the Skycoin economy via a rich ecosystem of applications and services, aimed at solving several real-world problems. Thanks to a long and sustained collaborative effort, Skycoin has been designed to be faster, more secure, and more efficient than bitcoin or other crypto-platforms, thus, becoming the first solid foundation for the decentralized internet.

The project consists of 8 main components: 1)Sky Ledger, 2)Obelisk, 3)BlockDB, 4)Aether, 5)Skywire, 6)CXO, 7)]CX and 8)Skycoin.

- Sky Ledger is Skycoin's block chart standard based upon uxto model.
- Obelisk is Skycoin's innovative consensus algorithm which replaces POW and POS with a web of trust. The new cryptographic and network primitives allow verification of mathematical conditions for unanimous network consensus, both for public and private blockchains. The new network primitives also enable detection of malicious node behaviour. Obelisk was inspired by academic research into adversarial distributed time-stamping and algorithms such as Ben-Or's, Paxos, and the Castro-Liskov PBFT algorithm. It is a new solution to the Byzantine Generals problem which offers strong mathematical security guarantees, even when the majority of nodes are hostile.
- BlockDB is Skycoin's block storage engine which doesn't use SQL. It is a key-value store for constant time operations without indices.
- Aether is Skycoin's peer-to-peer caching and replication protocol of immutable CXO objects.
- CXO is Skycoin's immutable object system.
- CX is Skycoin's programming / application / blockchain language.
- Skywire is Skycoin's meshnet. A new public source routed MPLS network protocol, designed and integrated into the Skycoin ecosystem.
- Skycoin is the token powering the ecosystem, through which Skywire and Aether can be used.

Primary Applications

Due to its advanced architecture, the Skycoin platform offers an unlimited number of potential applications:

Aether - State/Storage/Data
Skywire - Communication
CX - Computation

We are currently working on 3 main applications which are almost done:

- A VPN application based on the Skywire network protocol.
- A messaging application based on Skywire network protocol.
- A distributed content management system based on Aether/CXO.

Roadmap

Please note that all the dates mentioned here are tentative, and could be subject to further changes.

ICO & Coin Distribution

There are a few important aspects about the Skycoin ICO which should be noted:

- Only 10% of the total Skycoin supply will be sold during this ICO round.
- The ICO will be open until all 10% are sold, or Skycoin's official launch commences.
- The price of Skycoin will increase to 1500SKY/BTC starting with 15 April.
- The distribution of skycoin will be closely monitored and we will provide market making positions to ensure the price does not dip below ICO price.
- We are prepared to make buybacks in order to help bootstrap Skycoin and protect investor's interest at inception.

Specifications

- New Consensus Algorithm: Obelisk
- Transaction time: 10 seconds
- Total Supply: 100 million SKY
- Coins divisible to 6 decimal places
- No inflation
- No mining

Features

Security:
- Higher level of security for non-technical users with improved ease of use
- Deterministic ESDSA, enforced signature mutability
- Hardening against SHA256 pre-image attacks, hardening against side channel attacks
- Hardening against "offline" attacks on secp256k1
- Optional quantum computer resistant: Two Step protocol transactions
- Standardized remote signature HMAC API for hardware wallet devices

Privacy:
- Skycoin transactions have higher privacy than Bitcoin transactions ("wallet mixing", "money pot")
- Skycoin protects its users from identification for increased safety in hostile countries (ex. HTTPS/TLS tunneling)
- Skycoin provides stenographic wallets

Usability:
- Wallet supports Bitcoin and Skycoin
- 15 second transactions (point-of-sale)
- Simple 256-bit deterministic wallets
- Clients only need unspent output set instead of whole block chain ("Snapshot")

Distributed Exchange:
- Off blockchain transactions (through standardized API, "gateway")
- Powerful scripting language for contracts (non-turing complete statically typed LISP variant)
- Open Transactions type crypto-equities, bonds, options and other securities
- OTC gateway API (based upon FIX, SWIFT, FIXatdl)

Skycoin Meshnet Project:
- Uses Skycoin Darknet protocol over wifi mesh network
- Uses receive Skycoin for providing transit
- Bridge the "last mile" between homes and fiber with a distributed wireless mesh networks and community ISPs.
- SOPA, PIPA, ACTA and the Comcast/Time Warner merger have made it clear that political solutions are no longer viable.

Skycoin CoinJoin Protocol:
- Skycoin naively supports a simplified CoinJoin protocol
- CoinJoin mixes transactions from multiple wallets to increase transaction privacy
- Skycoin is designed so that it is impossible to determine which transactions are CoinJoin transactions
- This protocol is much simpler than zero coin while dramatically improving transaction privacy.

Ecosystem And Strategic Partnerships

In addition to the innovative technology Skycoin brings to the market, we are actively discussing several strategic partnerships with exchanges, payment processors, businesses and other institutions, aiming to add considerable value and utility to the Skycoin ecosystem. Should discussions come to fruition and come the right time, we will make appropriate announcements.

Need Help?

We are working on a FAQ page which will be added shortly.

Future Updates

We intend to maintain a 2 week schedule update, providing a concise status report on how things progress.

Developers And Contributors

Skycoin is an open source project; the result of a large collaborative effort between multiple interdependent teams. We will work hard to create strong incentives through substantial bounties and rewards, ensuring an increasing inflow of valuable contributions to the project. We will make sure that people who contribute to the success of Skycoin will be proportionally compensated.
laugh2btc

Activity: 531

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 11:35:41 PM

question:

c2c says : Total SKY Redeemed: 310663
but there are few transactions with millions of coins in it : http://explorer.skycoin.net/blocks

how is this possible? dev fund?
justinc2014

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 12:10:26 AM

This project is amazing and wish i knew about it years ago,  the functionality and flexibility is where cryptocurency and networks need to be. I am big believer in community driven networks, taking ownership of your money and taking ownership of your internet data  is like meat and potatoes.
In the last few year my government have been blocking torrent sites tracking my metadata, and general interfering. just like the war on drugs they are achieving and forcing networks underground in fringes. It is funny the bad behavior comes from the government themselves spying on each other and committing cyberwarefare.

I very excited to know more and A demo would very nice too see..

If the project does not get mucked up and continues to grow, it really could be a 20 billion dollar project if it can deliver..

I believe bringing in the brightest minds from other project and combined intelligent resources  is the way forward.  most important is to deliver a great product.
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: