Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:04:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381508 times)
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:29:07 AM

Do you need german translation? pm me!

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
justinc2014

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 02:17:17 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 04:42:11 AM by justinc2014

Does sky coin have any hardware storage or is like NXT with a wallet seed only..

The c2cx seems to be very slow on withdrawing my funds.. been waiting a while.. exchanges always make me feel nervous which i am not used too.

update my withdrawal has been pending for 5.5 hours now, that is not nice...

how can I tell my friends to buy skycoin on the ico when I am not confident in the provided exchange..
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 04:52:43 AM

- https://qtum.org

Qtum, will probably replace ethereum because it is simpler and has fewer problems. The UXTO model is much cleaner. They have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far.

I won't trust dev that promoting qtum-SCAM.....

I have not looked at qtum's code.

We know the qtum founder and he is one of the largest investors in Skycoin from four years ago, before qtum or any of this. Some of the people around him are legendary scammers, but he is not a scammer.

I think Patricks role in the bitbay situation is exaggerated. I read through the arguments and it just sounds like drama.

Many of the people in the Bitcoin community are sociopaths. They often steal things or cause drama, then immediately blame it or scapegoat it on someone else. They are not even done stealing the money, before they go on campaign of moral indignation against the fall person.

I think Patrick was blamed for Bitbay because his personality makes him an easy victim for sociopaths and the human predators in the bitcoin community. There are people walking around, sizing people up and trying to determine whether they can manipulate someone, setup a scam, steal things and who is going to be gullible or a fall person.

If you knew the people involved, you would understand what the social dynamic is.

>Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?

Ethereum is using an accounts model, like Ripple. Which is anti-blockchain and anti-privacy and very traceable. It is against the philosophy of Bitcoin.

All coins going forward will be on the UXTO model and it is best practice for blockchain. Moving turing complete smart contracts off of accounts model and onto UXTO is extremely important and that is what qtum appears to be doing.

We need to figure out how to do general computation on a UXTO model. Instead of being restrained to the Ripple/Ethereum accounts model.

I think they will get closer to the goal, but only get there part way
- thin client for smart contracts (major limitation for existing system)
- moving smart contracts onto UXTO (major milestone)

I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction. I talked to one of their technical leads and they were focused on "Getting it working with something we can do now" and then incremental improvement over time. So first implementing the Ethereum virtual machine on top of UXTO, then working out the research problems for a native turing complete UXTO language later.

I do not know if there is a way to full UXTO while still having "gas". I think you will need to get rid of the "gas". In the ethereum model to take full advantage. I do not know if qtum will be able to go far enough in doing that, but is heading in the correct direction.

Ethereum tries to be both a token and a computer.
- we started with pure tokens (Bitcoin)
- then we added a computer to the tokens (Ethereum)
- now we just trying to figure out how to build  pure computer on UXTO
- Then once we have the computer, the tokens or coins just become a program or entity running on this "distributed computer"

Bitcoin, Ethereum, qtum, byteballs, etc are just stepping stones. Towards a final solution. None of these will exist or be relevant in ten years. We are in an age of transition and I am looking at the projects that are getting closer to the goal, in a pure mathematical sense.

Even Skycoin is being ripped up and its foundations constantly rewritten when it is advantageous to do so. Bitcoin is static and relatively unchanging, while Ethereum has been able to get the community to accept constant small changes.

Skycoin is on a punctuated equilibrium model, where we do bug fixes and polishing, then completely rip up and rebuild the foundation as needed, then go back to bug fixes and polishing.

Right now, we are exploring new networking primitives and the advantage of immutable data structures, but are still on blockchain. Putting EVM on UXTO is heading towards immutable data structures from the perspective of computation, while we are heading towards immutable data structures from the path of consensus, networking and simplifying object synchronization protocols.

One of the pilots that is being spun out of that project is the distibuted, peer-to-peer social media platform built upon immutable data structures and peer-to-peer object replication. For this Skycoin chose a public key, cryptographic publisher/subscriber model and DAG immutable object tree. While Ethereum's project chose a Kadmelia DHT block storage model.

Ignoring the individuals and the drama, I am just looking at the "future direction" and who is heading in that direction.

>Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?

I am not confident it will replace Ethereum. At the start, it will be equivalent to ethereum in terms of being able to run the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) on top of qtum with UXTO. Then they will do a native language.

It will depend on the implementation. I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction.

Similarly, Byteballs may fail or may not exist in ten years, but they are pioneering the first experiments into replacing the Blockchain with a DAG. Which we have been considering for several years now.

Similarly, Bitcoin was the first but people are getting used to the idea that it will not be the final or best cryptocurrency. That it was just the first generation and that we can build better and improve it substantially.

Thank you I appreciate the response although I do not agree with your assessment of Dai or the BitBay situation and would argue the available evidence points towards Dai being the scammer, although I have to admit I do not know him or other parties involved personally. And I assume this means you believe David Zimbeck to be a liar and potentially the scammer in this situation? Doesn't it seem odd then that David was the one to continue working on BitBay after Dai left and funds disappeared?

I'm also still curious which two previous coins of Dai's/Qtum's you are referring too? Surely BitBay cannot be attributed to Dai no matter what your take on the BitBay situation is, he has not worked on the project for two years during which time the majority of the developement appears to have taken place.

And what is your take on Qtum's refusal to provide tx ids or addresses to prove ownership of the funds they claim to have raised during the ICO (~10 million in first 90 minutes, ~15 million total) and to allow investors to keep an eye on those funds themselves? This is a pretty standard thing to do, and given the added scrutiny and skepticism surrounding the project and the amount of money involved doesn't it seem odd they won't even respond to requests for this information?

Thanks for your time. And I am really interested in this project (and have been for some time) so I do appreciate these responses as this stuff with qtum is the first thing to make me have any doubts here and question investing.
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:01:26 AM

question:

c2c says : Total SKY Redeemed: 310663
but there are few transactions with millions of coins in it : http://explorer.skycoin.net/blocks

how is this possible? dev fund?

There were several batches of coins sold since inception. The current batch from c2c consists only of 500k coins. So it's 310663 out of 500k in this batch.
huxdy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:00:33 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2017, 09:38:23 AM by mprep

ICO 10%
Selling too much, i remember the promise was 1%~3%
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:08:44 AM

- https://qtum.org

Qtum, will probably replace ethereum because it is simpler and has fewer problems. The UXTO model is much cleaner. They have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far.

I won't trust dev that promoting qtum-SCAM.....

I have not looked at qtum's code.

We know the qtum founder and he is one of the largest investors in Skycoin from four years ago, before qtum or any of this. Some of the people around him are legendary scammers, but he is not a scammer.

I think Patricks role in the bitbay situation is exaggerated. I read through the arguments and it just sounds like drama.

Many of the people in the Bitcoin community are sociopaths. They often steal things or cause drama, then immediately blame it or scapegoat it on someone else. They are not even done stealing the money, before they go on campaign of moral indignation against the fall person.

I think Patrick was blamed for Bitbay because his personality makes him an easy victim for sociopaths and the human predators in the bitcoin community. There are people walking around, sizing people up and trying to determine whether they can manipulate someone, setup a scam, steal things and who is going to be gullible or a fall person.

If you knew the people involved, you would understand what the social dynamic is.

Ethereum is using an accounts model, like Ripple. Which is anti-blockchain and anti-privacy and very traceable. It is against the philosophy of Bitcoin.

All coins going forward will be on the UXTO model and it is best practice for blockchain. Moving turing complete smart contracts off of accounts model and onto UXTO is extremely important and that is what qtum appears to be doing.

We need to figure out how to do general computation on a UXTO model. Instead of being restrained to the Ripple/Ethereum accounts model.

I think they will get closer to the goal, but only get there part way
- thin client for smart contracts (major limitation for existing system)
- moving smart contracts onto UXTO (major milestone)

I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction. I talked to one of their technical leads and they were focused on "Getting it working with something we can do now" and then incremental improvement over time. So first implementing the Ethereum virtual machine on top of UXTO, then working out the research problems for a native turing complete UXTO language later.

I do not know if there is a way to full UXTO while still having "gas". I think you will need to get rid of the "gas". In the ethereum model to take full advantage. I do not know if qtum will be able to go far enough in doing that, but is heading in the correct direction.

Ethereum tries to be both a token and a computer.
- we started with pure tokens (Bitcoin)
- then we added a computer to the tokens (Ethereum)
- now we just trying to figure out how to build  pure computer on UXTO
- Then once we have the computer, the tokens or coins just become a program or entity running on this "distributed computer"

Bitcoin, Ethereum, qtum, byteballs, etc are just stepping stones. Towards a final solution. None of these will exist or be relevant in ten years. We are in an age of transition and I am looking at the projects that are getting closer to the goal, in a pure mathematical sense.

Even Skycoin is being ripped up and its foundations constantly rewritten when it is advantageous to do so. Bitcoin is static and relatively unchanging, while Ethereum has been able to get the community to accept constant small changes.

Skycoin is on a punctuated equilibrium model, where we do bug fixes and polishing, then completely rip up and rebuild the foundation as needed, then go back to bug fixes and polishing.

Right now, we are exploring new networking primitives and the advantage of immutable data structures, but are still on blockchain. Putting EVM on UXTO is heading towards immutable data structures from the perspective of computation, while we are heading towards immutable data structures from the path of consensus, networking and simplifying object synchronization protocols.

One of the pilots that is being spun out of that project is the distibuted, peer-to-peer social media platform built upon immutable data structures and peer-to-peer object replication. For this Skycoin chose a public key, cryptographic publisher/subscriber model and DAG immutable object tree. While Ethereum's project chose a Kadmelia DHT block storage model.

Ignoring the individuals and the drama, I am just looking at the "future direction" and who is heading in that direction.

I am not confident it will replace Ethereum. At the start, it will be equivalent to ethereum in terms of being able to run the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) on top of qtum with UXTO. Then they will do a native language.

It will depend on the implementation. I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction.

Similarly, Byteballs may fail or may not exist in ten years, but they are pioneering the first experiments into replacing the Blockchain with a DAG. Which we have been considering for several years now.

Similarly, Bitcoin was the first but people are getting used to the idea that it will not be the final or best cryptocurrency. That it was just the first generation and that we can build better and improve it substantially.

Thank you I appreciate the response although I do not agree with your assessment of Dai or the BitBay situation and would argue the available evidence points towards Dai being the scammer, although I have to admit I do not know him or other parties involved personally. And I assume this means you believe David Zimbeck to be a liar and potentially the scammer in this situation? Doesn't it seem odd then that David was the one to continue working on BitBay after Dai left and funds disappeared?

I'm also still curious which two previous coins of Dai's/Qtum's you are referring too? Surely BitBay cannot be attributed to Dai no matter what your take on the BitBay situation is, he has not worked on the project for two years during which time the majority of the developement appears to have taken place.

And what is your take on Qtum's refusal to provide tx ids or addresses to prove ownership of the funds they claim to have raised during the ICO (~10 million in first 90 minutes, ~15 million total) and to allow investors to keep an eye on those funds themselves? This is a pretty standard thing to do, and given the added scrutiny and skepticism surrounding the project and the amount of money involved doesn't it seem odd they won't even respond to requests for this information?

Thanks for your time. And I am really interested in this project (and have been for some time) so I do appreciate these responses as this stuff with qtum is the first thing to make me have any doubts here and question investing.

you need grow up. Zimbeck said Dai is the only good guy in that project earlier, please check Zimbeck's thread. also what zimbeck bring to that shit project? a better GUI wallet. Also Zimbeck do not even know how to release a real coin and he claimed himself as the best developer, that's ridiculous!

another reason is zimbeck worked with some bad guys want to blackmail Qtum team some money, and they say no.   Smiley
cybterpunk

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:10:48 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2017, 09:38:43 AM by mprep

so you are the community manager of skycoin?

BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:27:21 AM

just realized skycoin is older than litecoin!

the Project is almost 4 years and the Dev is still here!

running farm worldwide
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:36:23 AM

Same is true for xtester.  Is he posting on his own initiative or is he part of the Skycoin team now?  Need to know how much hypocrisy we're gonna have to deal with here.

what's wrong with xtester?

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
cybterpunk

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:59:08 AM

Same is true for xtester.  Is he posting on his own initiative or is he part of the Skycoin team now?  Need to know how much hypocrisy we're gonna have to deal with here.

what's wrong with xtester?

xtester felt very comfortable claiming I was mentally ill for demanding I get back funds that were FUCKIN' STOLEN from me.  He is a NO-GOOD HYPOCRITE that thought he could play stupid about the whole incident until I made his stupid-ass CONFESS about his chit-chats with the embezzler!!!   Kiss

...I still don't have access to my funds while he continues to chit-chat...

hmmm more details?

cybterpunk

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:08:24 AM

when the ico will end?

cybterpunk

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:12:05 AM

https://www.c2cx.com/orders

why you choose c2cx ?

never heard about this exchange....
laugh2btc

Activity: 531

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:17:12 AM

question:

c2c says : Total SKY Redeemed: 310663
but there are few transactions with millions of coins in it : http://explorer.skycoin.net/blocks

how is this possible? dev fund?

There were several batches of coins sold since inception. The current batch from c2c consists only of 500k coins. So it's 310663 out of 500k in this batch.

About 7 MILION coins were sent last 7 days!

from op:
"There are 100 million coins. We have sold about 600,000 of them 0.6%. We plan to sell between 1% ICO/IPO, before price floats."

blockexplorer:

2017-03-29 18:19    745    1    500000    e0fd9bc469ab5ad3d6a942ee613668ed01446321c2f5c4afcad14dd14429c67a
2017-03-29 18:19    744    1    1000000    aff8df3497c5e4d4c443fffbfd8596adea49501c27feb551526bf496c91fefb4
2017-03-29 18:19    743    1    1000000    3acb315195e0d10a3f8fb3f46f1aa667d153f9ab6586d7f874c37dcfa359b10f
2017-03-29 18:18    742    1    999999    bae13ceb8a590343f80061b0433ed19d6ad03ae8d425267c239c2c9e0606d7e1
2017-03-29 18:18    741    1    1000000    c1b131aa9f4d3f0e3373b3fcadac6bc78d59db0211563206165d33edda3274cc
2017-03-29 18:04    740    1    77510    c1ad4b2d061936d8dddd6ef2cb3538add262b87eda631d1e059d4baa2f1e44cd
2017-03-29 18:02    739    1    77511    36bd32ca0407549aad085e09ea16ace997734d947c6fd0019e0e4581f522d76c
2017-03-29 17:59    738    1    20    4b435caf8ba8eadc7cff4dd38f939975de8672f2c1877aac7e3f79c1d7f0e91f
2017-03-29 17:58    737    1    77521    b6a02a840f13490a3c285456b4c8b39ed0ce4c97ba14c773111af7b505576855
2017-03-29 11:29    736    1    20    b0db9abd41f02ac51c40d59fe7df1d3a4bc9fc68ea2a7f1efece7bbb17a18614

edit: Don´t get me wrong. I like this project.  I´m just wondering about that. And as a potentiell investor i want to know.
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:47:59 AM

Anybody bought on c2c? I tried with 2 accounts but received no verification mail. Waiting for support since yesterday. I wanna buy sky but can´t  Undecided

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Spratan

Activity: 689
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:35:27 AM

Anybody bought on c2c? I tried with 2 accounts but received no verification mail. Waiting for support since yesterday. I wanna buy sky but can´t  Undecided

No problem for me; 15 days ago
xtester

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:53:47 AM

ICO 10%

Skycoin mentioned that he would be monitoring the distribution very closely. It was meant to be sold in batches of 1% each, as price increases. But the total amount to be sold is 10 Mil or 10%.
xtester

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:57:13 AM

xtester

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:01:48 AM

xtester felt very comfortable claiming I was mentally ill for demanding I get back funds that were FUCKIN' STOLEN from me.  He is a NO-GOOD HYPOCRITE that thought he could play stupid about the whole incident until I made his stupid-ass CONFESS about his chit-chats with the embezzler!!!   Kiss

...I still don't have access to my funds while he continues to chit-chat...

I will only engage this once, please make sure to differentiate between me, and whoever you have problems with. As I have previously noted, I am not responsible for your problems with Nxtchg(Simcoin creator). Please be kind enough to make the distinction here and refrain from creating confusion. Thank you.
cybterpunk

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:14:14 AM

ICO 10%

Skycoin mentioned that he would be monitoring the distribution very closely. It was meant to be sold in batches of 1% each, as price increases. But the total amount to be sold is 10 Mil or 10%.

so until all been sold out, no one can start trading?

also what's the plan for skynet?
xtester

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:15:32 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 09:50:50 AM by xtester

so you are the community manager of skycoin?

Yes, I am one of the people who recently joined to help distill the complex into something clear and simple, outlining the real innovation Skycoin brings to the market.
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: