Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:12:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381506 times)
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:29:05 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 01:48:34 AM by stormia

I'm not even questioning the integrity of the skycoin dev, I just wanted an explanation for his support of qtum and some answers to some basic questions. Just look at how rude and imposing and accusatory my questions are: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380441.msg18435627#msg18435627  Roll Eyes Idk how I could have been any more cordial or less assuming in my phrasing.

But okay, if my questions/concerns aren't good enough for this project then neither is my money. Later and good luck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:34:16 AM

I'm not even questioning the integrity of the skycoin dev, I just wanted an explanation for his support of qtum and some answers to some basic questions. Just look at how rude and imposing and accusatory my questions are: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380441.msg18435627#msg18435627  Roll Eyes Idk how I could have been any more cordial or less assuming in my phrasing.

But okay, if my questions/concerns aren't good enough for this project then neither is my money. Later and good luck.

I don't see any problem with your questions/concerns.
It would be great if devs should give a explanation.
BTCspace

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 04:26:40 AM

mmmm The same people on the qtum page calling it a scam has migrated here now attacking this thread..   with allegations and speculation on just  a "witch hunt",  

It does not matter Just burn the witch..

If you do not like the project well just go! I have bought the ICO, you have not move along and go buy Ripple..  

Personally I am going to use skynet everyday and want too see it built..

The heck are you talking about, I'm not accusing skycoin of anything. I've been following this project for years waiting for the ICO and when skycoin made the post praising qtum, yeah, it concerned me because I (and many, many others) do strongly believe qtum is a scam. All I'm doing is asking skycoin some pretty basic questions, why would you need to get so defensive about that?

I come in here after seeing the ICO is live on icocountdown to check on the state of things before putting my money in and the first thing I see is "qtum". Yeah excuse me for now wanting a bit of an explanation as to why skycoin supports a project many consider shady af before I invest my hard earned money here.

no one ask you invest anything into a project man.

do not invest skycoin or qtum.

or even bitcoin.

everything has the risk, just hold your dollars.

running farm worldwide
stormia

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 05:06:27 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 05:21:26 AM by stormia

mmmm The same people on the qtum page calling it a scam has migrated here now attacking this thread..   with allegations and speculation on just  a "witch hunt",  

If you do not like the project well just go! I have bought the ICO, you have not move along and go buy Ripple..  

The heck are you talking about, I'm not accusing skycoin of anything. I've been following this project for years waiting for the ICO and when skycoin made the post praising qtum, yeah, it concerned me because I (and many, many others) do strongly believe qtum is a scam. All I'm doing is asking skycoin some pretty basic questions, why would you need to get so defensive about that?

I come in here after seeing the ICO is live on icocountdown to check on the state of things before putting my money in and the first thing I see is "qtum". Yeah excuse me for now wanting a bit of an explanation as to why skycoin supports a project many consider shady af before I invest my hard earned money here.

or even bitcoin.

Where did I say anybody told me to do anything? Stop straw-manning me. Why do you act like it is unacceptable for people to ask questions before they choose whether or not to invest money in something? And if you want me to stop posting then stop responding to me (when I'm not even talking to you) with useless, dismissive, and insulting responses.

I never asked you anything. If skycoin doesn't want to answer my questions that's their choice and that's fine and as I said in the post above yours I'll just take my money elsewhere- but you don't get to respond for them. Also hilariously ironic how in the same post you say that nobody is telling me what to do, you then try to tell me what to do lol.
testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 09:31:16 AM

or even bitcoin.

Just put this guy on ignore, I don't even know why he's posting on other threads now about his paranoid obsession with Qtum, the Qtum ICO is long over but he literally posts this nonsense nonstop on multiple threads.  At this point Qtum could launch and actually deliver a fully functioning compute uxto blockchain and he'll probably still be posting this gibberish everywhere.  It's gotten to the point where the Qtum thread literally is just trolls posting this trash instead of any actual technical discussion, which is really very unfortunate.
stormia

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:41:04 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 03:15:42 PM by stormia

or even bitcoin.

Just put this guy on ignore, I don't even know why he's posting on other threads now about his paranoid obsession with Qtum, the Qtum ICO is long over but he literally posts this nonsense nonstop on multiple threads.  At this point Qtum could launch and actually deliver a fully functioning compute uxto blockchain and he'll probably still be posting this gibberish everywhere.  It's gotten to the point where the Qtum thread literally is just trolls posting this trash instead of any actual technical discussion, which is really very unfortunate.

What other thread besides qtum threads and now this one have I posted about qtum in? Please do share such posts otherwise you are just making stuff up about me to help your narrative and you are a liar. Anybody can now look through my post history and see that you lied, nice work you played yourself.

And at this point all qtum would have to do is share with their investors tx ids or addresses for the ICO funds they claim to have raised and I would leave them alone but they are unwilling to provide that basic level of transparency they said they would before the ICO.

Why is everybody being so freaking defensive and dismissive of the simple questions I asked skycoin? And fine I'm done here, already said I was but you guys keep reeling me back in and then getting upset when I respond to posts that are deceitful and derogatory towards me. Only way I'll post on here again is if skycoin decides to respond to my questions in which case I may still invest, or if one of you decides to respond to me or bring me up again for no reason- considering I was never speaking to you- in which case I'll be compelled to defend and justify myself.
skycoin (OP)

Activity: 498

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 09:58:56 PM

question:

c2c says : Total SKY Redeemed: 310663
but there are few transactions with millions of coins in it : http://explorer.skycoin.net/blocks

how is this possible? dev fund?

There are a few special addresses. Where the undistributed coins are
- the total coins always exist, but we calculate the free float by only looking at the coins outside of the distribution addresses
- the coins are locked in 1 million coin tranches
- total_supply is number of coins "in circulation" that can be used for transactions
- max_coins is the total number of coins that can ever exist
- no individual controls more than 1% of the total coins. To prevent situation that happened with NXT and Ripple.

Future Measures:
- we are going to time lock the addresses in the future, so the node will reject transactions spending their outputs-
- we are going to put constraint in the code, so the blocks have to be distributed in sequential tranches

We are putting technical and human measures in place, to ensure that if any of the key contributors starts dumping that it would only be temporary. We want to avoid a situation where someone has 30% of the coins and the community has 2% and that person could dump their coins everyday on the market for a decade before they ran out. That is what happened with NXT and we wanted to avoid that.

>dev fund?

One address had 1.5 million coins in it for a transaction, while we were moving around
- coins to exchange for ICO withdrawals
- coins to compensation fund for people in the consortium
- coins to whales
- coins to companies funding development cost/staff/contractors

We are going to be distributing coin bonuses to about thirty contributors, on a vesting schedule over the next few years. For example
- one project manager who has help fix over a hundred fifty bug tickets is getting 250,000 SKY over the next four years (about 40k USD in SKY at price when he joined project)
- website guy/content/marketing/design guy who was critical is getting 60,000 SKY over next two years
- some contractors and major contributors are getting 5,000 SKY to 30,000 SKY distributions over the next two years for work on mesh network, bounties, bug fixes, etc

This project is amazing and wish i knew about it years ago,  the functionality and flexibility is where cryptocurency and networks need to be. I am big believer in community driven networks, taking ownership of your money and taking ownership of your internet data  is like meat and potatoes.
In the last few year my government have been blocking torrent sites tracking my metadata, and general interfering. just like the war on drugs they are achieving and forcing networks underground in fringes. It is funny the bad behavior comes from the government themselves spying on each other and committing cyberwarefare.

I very excited to know more and A demo would very nice too see..

If the project does not get mucked up and continues to grow, it really could be a 20 billion dollar project if it can deliver.

Yes. Its going to be very important.

There is not a quick fix for this. Where you create some hype and raise 10 million dollars in an ICO and the problem will be solved next month.

This is years of work. Some of the people working on this, have been working on it full time for a decade. Bitcoin itself took almost a decade to build and was itself built on top of earlier projects that experimented with different approaches.

Bitcoin is not mature and is just a prototype of a better, future system. The crypto-currency space is still at its infancy.

update my withdrawal has been pending for 5.5 hours now, that is not nice...

>update my withdrawal has been pending for 5.5 hours now, that is not nice...

We found a new bug and it will be fixed in next version.

If the nodes connect and disconnect in a particular order, then there is possibility that transaction replication fails and that a transaction does not reach all nodes.
- We added a function for rebroadcasting transaction by hand on the CLI
- We are adding more instrumentation to track how many times unconfirmed transactions have been announced, how long a transaction is in the unconfirmed pool and how many times the transaction has been downloaded by connected nodes
- We are adding automatic transactions rebroadcast after a minute if the unconfirmed transaction pool is less than 1024 transactions
- We are adding an unconfirmed transaction page to the wallet to make trouble shooting easier
- We are adding a local time stamp to each transaction, to record when the transaction was first seen and how long the transaction was in the unspent transaction pool
- We are upgrading the transaction replication protocol when we have time.
- The final transaction synchronization mechanism will use CXO and will be much more robust than the current system (Which is using gossip protocol like Bitcoin does)

>how can I tell my friends to buy skycoin on the ico when I am not confident in the provided exchange..

C2CX is still being battle tested. There are new problems discovered everyday, but they fix them very quickly and competently. We have found dozens of bugs, but all of them were on the frontend and all of them were fixed within 24 hours.

We found out that
- SMS confirmation did work in certain countries
- SMS confirmation only went through 50% of the time in certain countries

And within a day, they disabled cell phone number and two factor auth, as a requirement for the Skycoin ICO.

They found out that SMS confirmation did not work, if a person put in their cell phone number but had not put in the email address yet. They fixed that issue in a day.

- They alerted us about a transaction in the unspent output pool not clearing (your withdraw) and then we fixed the problem in four hours.
- However, the fix was not merged into the code base until 24 hours later.
- And the nodes have not been upgraded to the new version year.
- However, we dumped your transaction as hex in the CLI and then reinjected it by hand on the CLI and it propagated and your withdrawal was processed

Normally, withdrawals takes ten seconds. However, your withdrawal discovered a new bug.

Thank you I appreciate the response although I do not agree with your assessment of Dai or the BitBay situation and would argue the available evidence points towards Dai being the scammer, although I have to admit I do not know him or other parties involved personally. And I assume this means you believe David Zimbeck to be a liar and potentially the scammer in this situation?

I do not know David Zimbeck. I read something about the bitbay situation but it sounded complex and confusing.

I personally think that Patrick was very young and inexperienced and he was taken advantage of several times, by different people, until he hardened up from experience.

Patrick does not come across as manipulative. While some of the people around him are extremely skilled manipulators and social operators.

Patrick tends to avoid conflict and will leave when the other people start fighting. He will not fight with them, even when he should. And he does not seem to defend himself strongly and loudly, even when he should.

In the business world, it is very common for companies to fall apart as soon as they become profitable or begin to make money. As the founders cannot work together as a team and start fighting each other. Teams that work well together are rare and most people out of college do not have a network of people they have been working with over multiple companies, for decades, so their rate of failure from personal conflicts will be high.

>And what is your take on Qtum's refusal to provide tx ids or addresses to prove ownership of the funds they claim to have raised during the ICO (~10 million in first 90 minutes, ~15 million total) and to allow investors to keep an eye on those funds themselves?

They did not raise the money. It was raised through third party platforms. It sounds like a hassle.

If the developers are bad, or they are drama. They are going to steal whatever they can and watching the bitcoin addresses as the coins are being stolen is not going to stop them.

So do not give coins to developers you do not trust. If people demand you dance through hoops, you should just ignore them because dancing through the hoops just gives credibility to the idea that you are untrustworthy. No one can "prove" their sincerity or that they are trustworthy.

So trusting the developers and reputation is very important. Or at least understanding their flaws and personality.

>Thanks for your time. And I am really interested in this project (and have been for some time) so I do appreciate these responses as this stuff with qtum is the first thing to make me have any doubts here and question investing.

Qtum seems to be a divide and conquer issue. Like the blockchain size.

My personal, long term view is that I cannot see what smart contracts and a coin/token have anything to do with each other. The "value" of ethereum is very abstract to me as an investment. I think that the market cap of these coins are driven by speculation and marketing, not by their usefulness or actual economic activity.

I think platforms like Qtum and Ethereum will however, be the prototyping board for the next generation of blockchain applications. I think people may also be able to make money just on the speculation and bubble, if they get in at the right time and leave at the right time.

We see people launching all sorts of tokens on Ethereum now, without needing their own blockchain and they are prototyping different tokens.

For example, Xaurum is doing physical gold backed crypto coins. Where each coin created is linked to physical, serial numbered gold (that you can physically withdrawal). They had their own blockchain originally, but mining created inflation and downward pressure. So they moved to Ethereum and are just a token on Ethereum and now they do not have inflation.

If they serial number each piece of gold and track it on a blockchain, then it becomes impossible to sell the same piece of gold on paper to three hundred separate people (rehypothetication). So this would eliminate the scam that the current gold market is today.

If you swapped out your coins, then showed up at the vault and tried to redeem your coin for the bar it represents and they cannot produce it, or give you a bar with a different serial number. Then you know there is something wrong. Blockchain can be used to put constraints on fraud and create transparency.

So we are seeing these experiments enabled by Ethereum.

I think eventually, we will see tokens on Ethereum that are worth more than Ethereum is itself.

I have not seen the codebase of Qtum, so cannot say anything but experience, but I think it is good that people are trying to improve Ethereum. Ethereum is big enough and successful enough, that the ecosystem can support other chains and alternative ways of doing smart contracts.

Right now there is only Ethereum. In the future, there will be multiple chains that can run any contracts that will run on Ethereum. Eventually the most successful applications will move to personal or dedicated blockchains.

I would separate out a project being successful because of hype, marketing, speculation and animal spirits. Where everyone joins in because they can make a lot of money doing something exciting (and you can do very well in these areas if you understand human psychology). And value that is the result of something useful, concrete and that can be calculated.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 10:04:12 PM

just realized skycoin is older than litecoin!

the Project is almost 4 years and the Dev is still here!

Yes. The skycoin project started around the time of litecoin. In response to the transaction mutability, signature mutability and duplicate coinbase output problems in Bitcoin.

Some of the Skycoin developers predate Bitcoin.

It took two years just to simply and fix the blockchain and we had rewrites and codebases in four languages before settling on golang.

Then we took on the problem of fixing Bitcoin's consensus algorithm and finding a viable replacement for PoW/PoS. The results of which are under white papers on Skycoin.net

Then we took on the problem of figuring out what a coin with actual, concrete economic activity and value would look like. (which is what CXO and Skywire and these applications we are prototyping are about).

- The first thing we have done.
- The second thing we are now completing
- The third thing we are working on

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 10:18:37 PM

when the ico will end?

The ICO will end in about two or three weeks at the current rate. It is mostly small orders for a few hundred coins, coming in. This is a good way of getting coins to a large number of people.

https://www.c2cx.com/orders

why you choose c2cx ?

never heard about this exchange....

They are not actually an exchange. The exchange is just them exposing their order book to the public. Which is very recent.

They have template code that is over ten years old and predates Bitcoin. So I do not know what their software was doing before Bitcoin existed.

On some days they run about 15% of the global bitcoin trading volume per day. So it is not a small or new exchange. The only thing new about it, is that they are letting people register and add/take liquidity from their order book.

c2cx will be the primary market maker for Skycoin.

>why you choose c2cx ?

We needed to partner with several larger companies, to handle things we did not have the staff or budget to do. The skycoin core tech people are mostly R&D and mathematics.

We had to put bug tracking, bug fixes, payroll, contractors, website, fund raising, exchange listing, customer support, marketing, etc to other companies. So that we could focus on writing new software.

We are using a consortium model. As the best approach we have found for moving the project forward.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 10:36:17 PM

ah, man... 90% of the supply is controlled by the unknown dev team? So this is like a decentralized currency?
Unless this coin provides some instantly problem solving features out of the box, the price chart is going to look something like VOX or LBC. Devs will dump coins on the market (c3cx?) each month just to cover expenses and since there's no POW, there's nothing to induce a price floor. I expect that until at least 50% of the coins have been distributed, this will slide into the abyss.

Am I wrong?
Please explain Smiley

If the price goes down, we will cut distribution rate.

There are two conflicting things we have to deal with
- The community wants us to distribute at a rate so the coin becomes less centralized over time
- The community does not want us to distribute so quickly that it drives the price down

So we will do a Bitcoin like distribution schedule. With constant rate, that decreases and tapers over time.

However if this puts too much downward pressure, then we can cut the distribution rate.

We want to distribution coins, slower than the rate of user growth
- If we distribute 10% of the current free float (10% inflation in free float)
- Then the user base growth for Skycoin should be at least 10 or 20% over the same period

I think that is the best policy.

>Devs will dump coins on the market each month just to cover expenses

The max any one person holds, is 1% of the total coins. 1 million SKY.

These are early developers, who have been working on the project for years.

This is to eliminate dumping and prevent NXT/Ripple style situations as people join and leave the project team.

We have an extremely tight coin supply. No one person is in a position to do major damage, like what happened with NXT or Ripple. We studied every way, that every previous coin had failed and then explicitly designed our rule set to avoid those methods of failure.

>Devs will dump coins on the market (c3cx?) each month just to cover expenses

PoW creates a price ceiling, not a price floor. Miners dump 90% of the coins they mine for Bitcoin, the second they get them. Driving the price down for every PoS and PoW coin.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 10:46:54 PM

Yeah.. and strange that they revived project only now, when qtum crowdsale went offline and with only 1 Chinese exchange... They had hm 3-4 years to develop it...

The development was never "revived". Look at the github. The development has been constant for years.

We have a lot of repos.

I am 100% sure that Patrick (Steven)  involved with this project too  

Yes. He invested in it, almost 4 years ago.

I am 100% sure that the federal reserve is a scam.

I am not sure that qtum is a scam.

I have seen other coins raise 10 million dollars in Bitcoin and through friend found out they intend to spend 80% of the money they raised on marketing, but I am not sure that is a scam either.

I think qtum is actually developing software. I have met one of their developers, but do not know many details.

Qtum seems to be a hot potato issue. Its the new blockchain size.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 11:05:47 PM

I really dont know much about qtum.

We have talked to two of their developers and know some people from the project.

- I do not believe they are running a scam.
- I do not know if they will succeed and do not know anything about the token.
- I have not looked at the code
- I have no idea what will happen to the money they raised, but some of it will probably go back to development

From Experience:

- No one will care if its a scam as long as they were able to sell for a higher price than they bought it for, all the investors/speculators will be happy and attack anyone
- Even if Qtum's technology is the best, if the price goes downs investors will be angry and call it a scam

I think that 99% of the people putting the money in for Ethereum will never run a smart contract or even withdraw the coins out of the exchange. They are just 100% pure speculators.

If qtum's marketing is good, the price could go up very high from the ICO.

If qtum's technology is good and works; probably no one will care. The speculators will not even know it.

If
- Qtum continues the current success and intensity of its marketing
- AND Qtum builds a developer ecosystem for smart apps (even if no one uses them, like the ethereum smart contracts and apps)
then
- The price of Qtum will probably go up

The whole altcoin market, is driven by Chinese speculators, gambling on coins like they were penny stock or they were at the horse races. Altcoins are the new pink sheets.

Many of the altcoins are like real money fantasy football teams. That is what the majority of the Bitcoin community has become at this point.

---

What impressed me most about qtum, was how strong and focused their narrative and marketing is. The Skycoin team is studying their marketing campaign and narrative for how we can improve our messaging and how to do external media relations.

stormia

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 11:27:59 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 11:45:43 PM by stormia

Thank you very much for your replies skycoin. I really appreciate you taking your time to respond, and I am beyond satisfied by the thoroughness of your responses. And I'm sorry this thread devolved into what it did. To keep my response simple because I've already done my share of talking and I know people are tired of hearing me, I'll just say that your response has relieved any doubts I had in you or your project and leave it at that. This is a perfect example of how a professional deals with and responds to questions and concerns appropriately. Thank you.
skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 11:42:50 PM

guy's I understand that qtum is conversational issue, I have not invested in it..
sky-coin has delivered the goods so far and invested all my btc in it.  

what comes down to it at the end, is do you trust the project, with 90% of the coin held by the developers.

>what comes down to it at the end, is do you trust the project, with 90% of the coin held by the developers.

1. People want us to distribute the coins quickly, so a small group is not hoarding all the coins
2. People want us to keep the coin supply tight, so that the price goes up a lot and want us to minimize distribution as much as possible

Those are the two contradictory objectives.

If I had to choose between one or the other, the most important thing is that the coin supply is kept tight. That means the price will go up and everyone will be happy because they made money and we will be able to expand development.

So from a moral, ethical, philosophical perspective the unfairness of the initial distribution is an issue.

However, from a practical perspective of the investors and people willing to put more money in to fund development, they want the coin supply to be kept extremely tight. The Dash and Monero have been experts at this and they have $300 million and $500 million dollar market caps and an extremely healthy volume.

We can achieve a fair distribution AND a tight coin supply, IF
- the inflation in the free float per month, is less than half the expansion in the growth of the skycoin user base

That means that if distribution pushes the coin price down, then we have to cut back distribution. So that it is below the rate of user base growth.

That means, that if we are expanding rapidly and have applications and are doing well with new capital inflows, that we can expand distribution without putting downward pressure on the price.

---

The ideal scenario is that
- we get the money to do everything we want to do
- we expand to 30 separate project teams of 2 to 3 people per project group
- we get our applications built and get 100 million users (there are several scenarios under which this is realistic, based historical examples; but not actually required for skycoin financial success or otherwise. The skycoin userbase can be very small and have market cap similar to monero, dash or maidsafe)
- There are 100 million users and only 100 million Skycoins. Each user can mathematically not each be able to own, even a single full coin.

This is a good example of full distribution and tight supply.

There is a particular very close user community of over 500,000 people, with over 100,000 actives. That was shutdown, in raid. As soon they get shutdown, three more new sites spring up with 300 users each, then start growing exponentially until they are back to 500,000. Just one of those community on network would send us past Monero.

We are seeing a huge uptick in ISP spying, government scandals and wonton abuse of power. VPN usage is skyrocketing year after year and tens or hundreds of million of people who care about their privacy are going to start tunneling all of their traffic because they cannot trust their ISP.

When you buy a mansion in London, the wealthy are already getting offered ISP packages that are five times as expensive as the base package, but which tunnel, mix and encrypt their home traffic so it is not recorded and sold by the ISP or intercepted by the government. They are buying whole house VPNs for $500 or $1200 per month.

While Comcast charges is subscribers $30 per month, to opt out of having their internet traffic, web viewing and search history sold to the highest bidder.

There are about fifty different things we could do on top of the existing technology we built. If even one of them succeeds, then we will be fine and have a good return.

---

Based upon the ICO and the response so far, and how fast the sales have increased per exposure. I think we could easily have 20x or 50x above the ICO just by
- increasing skycoin visibility
- getting listing on the top 5 exchanges
- improve narrative further

No one knows what the Skycoin project is or what we are building. The website is horrible and does not explain anything, yet the coin ICO is selling really well. Even with only a single small website, driving traffic we are doing 3 to 5 Bitcoin per day ($3000 to $5000/day).

One of the first objectives after listing, is going to be to get Skycoin into the top 10 slots of coinmarketcap.com

For visibility. That will require about a 20x increase in price over the ICO price. Which is like going from $0.50 to $10. Its not even like litecoin going from less than $0.01 to $25 in under 3 months, for no reason.

So I think that is a modest and achievable goal for the next milestone.

Achieving a wider coin distribution, will have to wait until we have the user base to support the distribution without putting downward pressure on the price. I do not think we can do that in the next milestone, while still keeping the coin supply tight.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 11:46:21 PM

Thank you very much for your reply skycoin. I really appreciate you taking your time to respond, and I am beyond satisfied by the thoroughness of your responses. And I'm sorry this thread devolved into what it did. To keep my response simple because I've already done my share of talking and I know people are tired of hearing me, I'll just say that your response has relieved any doubts I had in you or your project and leave it at that. This is a perfect example of how a professional deals with and responds to questions and concerns appropriately. Thank you.

Thanks!

The qtum discussions help create post volume and keep this thread on the top of board I guess.

justinc2014

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 02:08:56 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2017, 02:35:23 AM by justinc2014

wow what great communication, 10 out of 10.. it really gives confidence in building a community and a future user base.

My FAQ list of questions for dummies..

(1) how will skycoin network achieve good network speeds and latency, for example maidsafe will need 6mb broadband connection minimal to have a vault

(2) What will a local ISP look like, will it be like a local server holding a hard drive server type of farm.

(3) how will other altcoins shape shift into skycoin, eg be a block swap function like waves or a gateway where coins are held like 3rd party exchange.

(4) The question is that everyone asks after the ico are you wanting the coin to distributed on all exchanges like poloniex,bittrex.

(5) The "swift" system is this like a fiat gateway using the banking system or escrow..

(6) can I build my own basic website using existing protocols. or is just applications built in golang. it be nice to have word press type frame work.

(7) are businesses going to be target user base, and have experts teams target this need.

(Cool looking really big is there any plans to release satellites or working with other projects to make this happen.

(9) will skycoin be able to integrate with the internet like a vpn or is it a total closed private network

BTCspace

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:32:38 AM

or even bitcoin.

Where did I say anybody told me to do anything? Stop straw-manning me. Why do you act like it is unacceptable for people to ask questions before they choose whether or not to invest money in something? And if you want me to stop posting then stop responding to me (when I'm not even talking to you) with useless, dismissive, and insulting responses.

I never asked you anything. If skycoin doesn't want to answer my questions that's their choice and that's fine and as I said in the post above yours I'll just take my money elsewhere- but you don't get to respond for them. Also hilariously ironic how in the same post you say that nobody is telling me what to do, you then try to tell me what to do lol.

have you ever read Qtum whitepaper or understand what qtum is doing?
personally i think No.  Smiley

running farm worldwide
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:33:23 AM

when the ico will end?

The ICO will end in about two or three weeks at the current rate. It is mostly small orders for a few hundred coins, coming in. This is a good way of getting coins to a large number of people.

https://www.c2cx.com/orders

why you choose c2cx ?

never heard about this exchange....

They are not actually an exchange. The exchange is just them exposing their order book to the public. Which is very recent.

They have template code that is over ten years old and predates Bitcoin. So I do not know what their software was doing before Bitcoin existed.

On some days they run about 15% of the global bitcoin trading volume per day. So it is not a small or new exchange. The only thing new about it, is that they are letting people register and add/take liquidity from their order book.

c2cx will be the primary market maker for Skycoin.

>why you choose c2cx ?

We needed to partner with several larger companies, to handle things we did not have the staff or budget to do. The skycoin core tech people are mostly R&D and mathematics.

We had to put bug tracking, bug fixes, payroll, contractors, website, fund raising, exchange listing, customer support, marketing, etc to other companies. So that we could focus on writing new software.

We are using a consortium model. As the best approach we have found for moving the project forward.

thanks for the response.
seek4dream

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:26:51 PM

The only way to join ICO is to register in www.c2cx.com, buy Skycoin and transfer it into my Skycoin wallet, right?
justinc2014

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 09:12:18 PM

yes, you need a passport and may need to wait a while to do the whole withdrawal, it may come up with manual processing. But the exchange does get there..
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: