Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:27:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381501 times)
skycoin (OP)

Activity: 498
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 06:27:42 PM

hang on guys... so 10% of the coins will be sold in the ICO? 90% held back, where 70% will be used "in the future". Can you guys elaborate on that a bit? I'm interested in this project, but not while only 10% of the supply is circulating. I also suspect this will prevent quite a few exchanges from getting involved. Maybe I didn't understand this proposed distribution... can anyone help me with that? I'm likely to wait until more than 60% of the supply is out there to jump in, but good luck on your project! (hello from NEM Xtester)

There is no scheme of distribution, that will make everyone happy. No matter what we do, some people will complain.

Distributing 30% of the coins at once, like Ethereum did, is a mistake (for various reasons). We spent a year evaluating different methods and a slow tapered, Bitcoin like distribution was the best option. This means a constant rate of new coins being released on to the market over time, with that number decreasing over time.

However we have not determined the optimal rate yet. We need to find an empirically good policy.

We have to do this by hand, because of the way the coin is designed. No coins are created or destroyed when new blocks are created, which simplifies the mathematical structure of the blockchain and makes it cleaner, but it means all the coins are created in the genesis block.

So there are two separate issues

- are coins distributed and put into circulation gradually
- are coins put into distribution all at once, with a giant crowd sale

We chose a hybrid of a small crowd sale and then bitcoin like distribution schedule, as being optimal

The other issue is
- are coins put into circulation by automatic mechanisms such as blockchain rewards
- are coins put into circulation by hand, by the developers

If the developers put the coins into circulation, then it requires more trust in the developer . However, if distribution is driving down the coin price, then the distribution can be cut back to protect the earlier investors. Otherwise, the coin price would be eternally decreasing, so everyone would dump the coin because the price is going down at a constant rate for a persistent amount of time and the rate of new coins cannot be cut back because its an automatic part of the block reward.

Where as, we can cut back distribution (because we are forced to do it by hand), to avoid this.

It is not perfect, but this was the best system and policy we found.

The distribution rate the market can sustain, reflects how well the development, marketing and community growth is going. So if those are doing very well, it means we can sustain a larger development effort. And if not, then we can scale back and the coin will still survive and appreciate.

It is simply impossible to choose an optimal, automatic and preset distribution rate parameter, because it depends on empirical things outside of the blockchain itself. No matter what the developers set the parameter to at launch, it will end up being either too high or too low.

A very important thing, is that no one actually cares how many coins there are or how many have been distribution. People only care
- how many coins they own
- what the price per coin is

So if you have 25,000 coins and you bought them at $0.10 and the price goes to $50, then you made 500x. The investors only care about the price per coin.

So we are focused on the price per coin metric. If we distribute too quickly, then it would drive down the price per coin. So it our opinion is better to keep the coin supply tight, than to dump a massive number of coins on the market (like byteballs and stellar did).

If the number of coins in circulation doubled, from 5 million to 10 million. It does not matter, because they made 500x. There is a multiplier for the impact of putting new coins into circulation, for effect it has on coin price
- if 100% coins are dumped for bitcoin, then every dollar of coins put into circulation will end up in the capital outflows for the coin (driving price down). This is what happens when people GPU mine shitcoin and the miners instantly dump every coin they earn for Bitcoin.
- if new coins are going to people that are driving improvements, community growth, development, marketing then every dollar of coins distributed, can produce multiple dollars of direct and indirect new capital inflows, driving the price per coin up faster than the inflation caused by new coins (This is what we want to see for Skycoin and what will determine how aggressive the distribution rate is)

We do not have a simple distribution strategy, because it depends on what we are trying to do.
- if we are trying to raise funds for development, we will do an ICO for bitcoin
- if we are trying to get people to run nodes, we will allocate 1% as bonus to be distributed over people running nodes
- if we are trying to get apps developed for the network, we will allocate coins as bounties for high priority apps to drive growth
- if there is a crash and we want the price per coin to recover quickly, then we might cut back distribution rate
- etc

As long as the distribution schedule protects the price per coin, then no one will complain

We also tend to do small experiments. Smaller ICOs, testing bounties. We never plan do Ethereum/Stellar/Byteballs style distributions, where a large number of new coins come on to the market at once. We want to do smaller tests and if they work, then do more of that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skycoin (OP)

Activity: 498

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 06:30:57 PM

THe 'loading' sign on the slient never goes,
The client never loads, ii am using win 64 with electron version,

Thank you. Fixed.

Packaging Bug. Will release new build.

myhoho
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 07:09:19 PM

So, lets test exchange listing and and see if I can make 200x profit)). 500x is too much for me)

██████▄  ▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄         
██████████████████████████▄▄     
█████████████████████████████▄   
▄███████████████████████████████ 
▄▄███▄     ▄██████████  ████████▀▀▀██████████
▄██████   ████████████  ████████   ███████████
▄████████▀   █████████    ██    ████████▀▀▀███████
▀████▄  ▄   ████████████  ████████████   ███████
▀████▀     ▀██████████  █████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████ 
█████████████████████████████▀   
██████████████████████████▀▀     
██████▀  ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀         
ROCKET

▄▄    ▄▄

▄▄    ▄▄

ENTHRALLING GRAPHICS
● NEW TYPE OF GAMES
100% REFERRAL BONUS
((       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████ ██ █████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀███████▄
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████▀▀██
█████████   ████    ███▄▄██
▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀  █▀
 ▀█████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄███▀  █▀
  ▀████████ ██ ████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███▄
▄████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄████▄
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███▀▀██
██████▄            ████▄▄██
▀██████▄▄        ▄████▀  █▀
 ▀████▄       ▄██████▀  █▀
  ▀████████████████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████████▀     ████████▄
▄██████████   ████████████▄
█████████        ██████████
█████████▄▄   ▄▄███████▀▀██
███████████   █████████▄▄██
▀██████████   ████████▀  █▀
 ▀█████████   ███████▀  █▀
  ▀████████▄▄▄█████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
))
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 08:17:01 PM

In the meantime, everyone is welcome to join our telegram group: https://t.me/Skycoin

In case of problems and questions, you might get the quickest answer there.

That link doesn't seem to be working, is there another?

link works for me.

I guess it doesn't work on firefox, switched to chrome and it is working now.

Get in there boys.  Cool

If you want some seriously interesting crypto discussion.

Is it possible to join without using a telephone number?

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible, but noone will be able to see your phone number in Telegram. It is the most secure platform / easiest of use - slack is a massive security risk.

Wow that sucks. I won´t ever put m phone number into such a thing. Slack work very well, would have been a mucg better choice.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
Samuray

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 08:21:23 PM

Hello skycoin !
I have a problem with windows wallet it doesnt want to run anymore(win10 64bit electron). It started the first time, but after that the process hangs and never starts..

I did try a reinstall same result.

dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 09:17:16 PM

Hello skycoin !
I have a problem with windows wallet it doesnt want to run anymore(win10 64bit electron). It started the first time, but after that the process hangs and never starts..

I did try a reinstall same result.

I´ve also some issues with my wallet. Few days ago it worked smooth  Undecided

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 12:38:31 AM

Looks like supply was changed, or at least the price, from the old ICO. I remember the figures were ridiculous. Been a couple years. This time is a little more sensical. Did those people keep their coins? How many are will be floating from before this "ICO"?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 01:59:39 AM

In the meantime, everyone is welcome to join our telegram group: https://t.me/Skycoin

link works for me.

Get in there boys.  Cool

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible, but noone will be able to see your phone number in Telegram. It is the most secure platform / easiest of use - slack is a massive security risk.

Wow that sucks. I won´t ever put m phone number into such a thing. Slack work very well, would have been a mucg better choice.

You are putting more data into slack than you realise.

BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:50:23 AM

will we have another round ico ?

what's the plan to distribute the left coin?

thank you

running farm worldwide
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 08:12:40 AM

We are trying to solve any exchange issues regarding c2cx. For a more swiftly response to exchange or withdrawal problems, please join https://t.me/Skycoin
igba

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 08:09:57 PM

Update:

The ICO sold out.

Then as soon as it sells out, we get thirty messages at once that people could not buy and it was supposed to last until the 15th.

Next:

- Next we will start with two exchange listings at once. Trading will start and coin will float
- Last time after ICO, people were selling Skycoins for 5x the ICO price, but we screwed that up by doing another ICO, so this time we are doing exchange listing

- the chinese translation of the website is done
- we are also getting a new website and redesign

thanks for the update
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 08:24:22 PM

link works for me.

Get in there boys.  Cool

Better join in to the whale club on telegram. We are discussing everything, talking about crypto economics, profit taking, price pumping and how cool it is to be part of crypto. Recently we set up a telegram group for those interested in bug reporting. If u happen to discover a potential flaw in whatever currency jump in to there and tell us what it is and u will be given a bounty.
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 08:33:38 PM

link works for me.

Get in there boys.  Cool

Better join in to the whale club on telegram. We are discussing everything, talking about crypto economics, profit taking, price pumping and how cool it is to be part of crypto. Recently we set up a telegram group for those interested in bug reporting. If u happen to discover a potential flaw in whatever currency jump in to there and tell us what it is and u will be given a bounty.

Is there a dummy number to join?

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:18:46 AM

already start trading..

that's nice.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
CoinBreader

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:28:54 AM

100million coins & and price is at 50k ? thats expensive !
Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:30:10 AM

100million coins & and price is at 50k ? thats expensive !

Seems like you dont know what you are talking about.

Go home noob.
justinc2014

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 10:02:32 AM

do not be surprised once the sky machine starts up in the next few month, media, dark function, more exchanges.. This coin is in the background, but there are some rich altcoin holders wanting new investments... cya at $10.00 guys.. that around 60 million.... with 6 million coin supply... the dev team has 250 btc to use... now
chompyZ

Activity: 291

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:41:32 AM

Amazing!
The baby is born.
It took 3.5 years, but good things take time to mature.
Congrats!!!

NOW - for something neither Bitcoin, nor Ethereum or any other alt have been able to deliver thus far: A functioning Dapp with real-world user-value.
Skycoin's unique strength afaiu is in communication.
Looking forward for a VPN app, Meshnet, Bitmessage and more.
Caesar V

Activity: 369

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:23:23 PM

Why is the coin on an exchange and having ICO at the same time? Seems like a launch with no logistics.  Embarrassed
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:33:04 PM

Why is the coin on an exchange and having ICO at the same time? Seems like a launch with no logistics.  Embarrassed

The ICO round is done for now. Skycoin has begun trading on the first exchange.
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: