Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:40:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381501 times)
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 01:53:56 AM

skycoin need some marketing.

and destroy some skycoin or have a clean plan how to distribute these coins!

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
digi123

Activity: 236

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 01:59:31 AM

This post is for Skycoin and others interested in the success of this coin, and are my considerations of the situation.

Because All skycoins have have been created in genesis block, and becaause they were not distributed straight away.  This coin has created for itself a distribution nightmare.
To hold back coins and release when wanting to, whatever the excuses allows a situation to arise that will never, never be able to be explained away no matter how much you try.
It is not practical or reasonable to try and control the price in anyway.
The coin has to be able to carry itself to be successful.

There is only one way forward as far as I can see.
The only way forward I believe is to do an overall coin offering.
Decide on a price.
Keep a percentage for yourselves for developement and to pay what has been promised, this amount has to be know and reasonable.
Give the total supply being 100 million minus what has been sold as the coins available for the sale and whatever is not sold has to be burned into none existance.
Keeping the sale price low will ensure most if not all are sold.
Now let the free market do its thing.
I am quite sure there is no other solution to this problem this is why ethereum tokens are also done this way as its the only fair way when all coins exist from the beginning.

I would suggest a coin price of the average of the initial coin offerings.
In this way the developement team will be in the same boat as everyone else and they will still get their reward as the coin matures. I believe that this is the only fair and equatable way forward.
onetwo12

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 02:34:27 AM

This post is for Skycoin and others interested in the success of this coin, and are my considerations of the situation.

Because All skycoins have have been created in genesis block, and becaause they were not distributed straight away.  This coin has created for itself a distribution nightmare.
To hold back coins and release when wanting to, whatever the excuses allows a situation to arise that will never, never be able to be explained away no matter how much you try.

Decide on a price.
Keep a percentage for yourselves for developement and to pay what has been promised, this amount has to be know and reasonable.
Give the total supply being 100 million minus what has been sold as the coins available for the sale and whatever is not sold has to be burned into none existance.
I am quite sure there is no other solution to this problem this is why ethereum tokens are also done this way as its the only fair way when all coins exist from the beginning.

In this way the developement team will be in the same boat as everyone else and they will still get their reward as the coin matures. I believe that this is the only fair and equatable way forward.

that's a good way to distribute the coin.

kedyoon

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 03:03:56 AM

skycoin need some marketing.

and destroy some skycoin or have a clean plan how to distribute these coins!
how about the distribution now?
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 09:43:53 PM

I disagree that the only way forward is an overall coin offering. Personally I think it makes more sense and would be better for current investors if the coins are sold incrementally based on developement needs as the project progresses.
Nashamoto

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 02:26:47 AM

Decide on a price.

This makes sense, but what about the poor suckers who bought SKY coins years ago?

Best distro I've seen lately is byteball, airdrop 10% every full moon onto existing holders, has incentive of compound interest that prevents dumping until all coins afe released. Moving to 100% distribution asap is definitely advisable, but using some airdrops to reward past investors and encourage new ones to hodl would get SKY into top 20 almost immediately.
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 08:02:24 PM

We working on some clarifications and updates which should hopefully be ready by the end of the week.

Until then, here are 2 sneak peaks of what skycoin is about and what it intends to be.  Cool

GTTIGER

Activity: 527

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 08:20:29 PM

We working on some clarifications and updates which should hopefully be ready by the end of the week.

Until then, here are 2 sneak peaks of what skycoin is about and what it intends to be.  Cool

Love you guys  Grin
Fuck distribution, moon regardless.

stormia

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 09:02:47 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2017, 09:23:32 PM by stormia

Because All skycoins have have been created in genesis block, and becaause they were not distributed straight away.  This coin has created for itself a distribution nightmare.

Decide on a price.

This makes sense, but what about the poor suckers who bought SKY coins years ago?

Best distro I've seen lately is byteball, airdrop 10% every full moon onto existing holders, has incentive of compound interest that prevents dumping until all coins afe released. Moving to 100% distribution asap is definitely advisable, but using some airdrops to reward past investors and encourage new ones to hodl would get SKY into top 20 almost immediately.

Again, the byteball distribution is utter trash. It makes no sense from an economic standpoint. I don't get why people are so positive about it, probably because it benefits them personally as large bitcoin holders.

"Is this a joke? I really hate how people praise byteball distribution. Ooooh lets give people free money based on how much money they already have, let's make the rich richer and help to consolidate wealth further!

In an ICO or crowdsale the rich can still buy more, obviously, since they have more money to invest- but that also requires they invest more which means they are taking on more risk. With an airdrop there is no risk, the rich are just handed more money than other people for no reason other than the fact they already have more money. They don't have to take on any proportional risk. It's an absolutely trash economic model that will never work."

If byteball never amounts to anything, which I doubt it will, it will be because of its shitty distrbution model that incentives hording and rewards the rich and weathy simply for being rich and wealthy while fucking over those that haven't already amassed amd horded capital.

Shit, in the byteball model even if you are rich and wealthy if you aren't hording your wealth but are instead actively investing and utilizing it (which is the best thing to do, not only for the interests of oneself but also for the economy as a whole) you get fucked too. Like all the people, such as myself, that have a fair amount of wealth in cryptocurrency, but don't horde it all away as bitcoin and instead actively trade and invest with it. I get nothing from their shitty distribution because I'm actively contributing to and participating in the growth of the economy instead of sitting on and doing nothing with my money.

Oh but guess who does get rewarded? All the exchanges, projects, and services that can claim their users', investors', and customers' BTC as though it is their own.

Fuck byteball and fuck "airdrop" distribution models. Anybody with any sense of how economics works will agree that that model of distinction is utter and complete trash. It has never been a viable model in any conventional economy and I strongly believe it will never work in a cryptocurrency based economy. If skycoin ever does something similar I will be out and never look back.  
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 07:40:23 AM

Because All skycoins have have been created in genesis block, and becaause they were not distributed straight away.  This coin has created for itself a distribution nightmare.

Decide on a price.

Again, the byteball distribution is utter trash. It makes no sense from an economic standpoint. I don't get why people are so positive about it, probably because it benefits them personally as large bitcoin holders.

"Is this a joke? I really hate how people praise byteball distribution. Ooooh lets give people free money based on how much money they already have, let's make the rich richer and help to consolidate wealth further!

In an ICO or crowdsale the rich can still buy more, obviously, since they have more money to invest- but that also requires they invest more which means they are taking on more risk. With an airdrop there is no risk, the rich are just handed more money than other people for no reason other than the fact they already have more money. They don't have to take on any proportional risk. It's an absolutely trash economic model that will never work."

If byteball never amounts to anything, which I doubt it will, it will be because of its shitty distrbution model that incentives hording and rewards the rich and weathy simply for being rich and wealthy while fucking over those that haven't already amassed amd horded capital.

Shit, in the byteball model even if you are rich and wealthy if you aren't hording your wealth but are instead actively investing and utilizing it (which is the best thing to do, not only for the interests of oneself but also for the economy as a whole) you get fucked too. Like all the people, such as myself, that have a fair amount of wealth in cryptocurrency, but don't horde it all away as bitcoin and instead actively trade and invest with it. I get nothing from their shitty distribution because I'm actively contributing to and participating in the growth of the economy instead of sitting on and doing nothing with my money.

Oh but guess who does get rewarded? All the exchanges, projects, and services that can claim their users', investors', and customers' BTC as though it is their own.

Fuck byteball and fuck "airdrop" distribution models. Anybody with any sense of how economics works will agree that that model of distinction is utter and complete trash. It has never been a viable model in any conventional economy and I strongly believe it will never work in a cryptocurrency based economy. If skycoin ever does something similar I will be out and never look back.  

byteball is a good coin man.

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 07:41:02 AM

skycoin do need a better distribution models.

running farm worldwide
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 02:04:45 PM

skycoin do need a better distribution models.

If you can help come up with a better distribution model that would be great. Community input is always helpful.

There is no perfect distribution model.

stormia

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 06:20:58 PM

Decide on a price.

What an insightful response. I never saw it that way before, but you just completely swayed my opinion with those eloquent rebuttals of the points I made.

But seriously, sure bytecoin is a good coin with good tech but its airdrop distribution model is whack and I'll never invest a penny into it for that reason. Please convince me otherwise that the economic issues I highlighted above are not a problem.
sva_h4cky0

Activity: 308

onore dikeido

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 08:28:54 PM

Decide on a price.

What an insightful response. I never saw it that way before, but you just completely swayed my opinion with those eloquent rebuttals of the points I made.

But seriously, sure bytecoin is a good coin with good tech but its airdrop distribution model is whack and I'll never invest a penny into it for that reason. Please convince me otherwise that the economic issues I highlighted above are not a problem.

to be honest i agree with you, right now whales keep holding byteball because they got interest every full moon. can you imagine when distributions is over? the only things that keep byteball can hold their values are the tech behind it, DAG looks sexy because it's different than other blockchain based crypto, however still i dont like the idea of whales own massive amount of byteball.

maybe you can think i am jealous, because i dont own alot of btc and byteball, lol  Grin Grin Grin .... but come on DAG looks promising, it would be shame if distributions method seems not "fair".

i wish tony change his mind and spread the wealth to other peoples.

disclaimer: i do bought small amount of byteball, since we cant predict the future. well just in case  Grin Grin Grin

p.s.: sssssshhhh there's new coin on the block doin airdrop to btc holder too  Roll Eyes
Scrotum

Activity: 119
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 02:26:08 AM

p.s.: sssssshhhh there's new coin on the block doin airdrop to btc holder too  Roll Eyes

Only other coin I know doing airdrops on btc is Stellar, which isn't new. Which coin bro?
Bybox

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 03:06:43 PM

Look interesting I will follow this project.  Roll Eyes
cijulangboy

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 03:11:54 PM

good project..waiting launch
stormia

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:32:40 AM

Decide on a price.

to be honest i agree with you, right now whales keep holding byteball because they got interest every full moon. can you imagine when distributions is over? the only things that keep byteball can hold their values are the tech behind it, DAG looks sexy because it's different than other blockchain based crypto, however still i dont like the idea of whales own massive amount of byteball.

maybe you can think i am jealous, because i dont own alot of btc and byteball, lol  Grin Grin Grin .... but come on DAG looks promising, it would be shame if distributions method seems not "fair".

i wish tony change his mind and spread the wealth to other peoples.

disclaimer: i do bought small amount of byteball, since we cant predict the future. well just in case  Grin Grin Grin

What's the new one you speak of?
stormia

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:38:46 AM

good project..waiting launch

It has already launched although most features have yet to come.
onetwo12

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 04:04:16 AM

more exchanges dev?

people are waiting..

this project is so slow..

Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: