Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:44:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381501 times)
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:52:50 AM

Byteballs is the first coin (besides skycoin) to be able to achieve consensus in a public network, without mining. They have gotten rid of the blockchain and replaced it with a DAG. I think the future is going to be with a variant of this approach. We have been considering this for years, for a Skycoin 2.0. I have not reviewed their code or implementation, but the concept is extremely innovative.

Usually I wouldn't spend calories on this, but as the founder of IOTA, and as someone who actually chatted with you when you first announced Skycoin 2.5 years ago as I felt it was an interesting project, I feel I have to clear this up: IOTA announced DAG work back in 2014 and started work on a full implementation mid-2015 with early beta in January 2016. Since then we have had tens of millions of dollars transacted in the network and collaborate with several of the larges corporates in the world with a working implementation, so Byteball being 'first' is demonstrably fallicious.

That being cleared up, I would love to have a chat with you again to discuss some potential overlap.

Regards,
David

WOW i hope you contacted him..

These guys are BCNEXT, CFB creators of both NXT and IOTA...

skycoin is very interesting for sure.

both iota and byteball..

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moonkiy

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:54:15 AM

where can i buy this coins?
onetwo12

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:02:43 AM

Qtum Crowdsales:
These are very interesting. Everyone should look at these
- https://qtum.org
Qtum, will probably replace ethereum because it is simpler and has fewer problems. The UXTO model is much cleaner. They have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far.

What the hell ? I just read the thread and this looks like one of the biggest scam in crypto ever.

now you realize why skycoin dev is smarter than most of shit coin trolls in this thread?

Qtum have been a huge success now!

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:00:11 AM

I just completed reading the entire thread... OMG..

Most of it is people asking how to participate in the ICO...

So many got in @ 10c and then @ 50c...

Last was only whales...

So now there is no liquidity and whales just holding to dump in profits.

There are many requests for ideas on distribution after over 5 years of development - time is overdue.

ICO -- ROUND 3 --

I would say the best method is to time stamp from the end of this month..

Scrape every forum post member on this thread with a post count of over 20.

Private message them a one time use code, to send up to 5btc to a bitcoin address with a return Sky address for the coins.

Out of those who respond they are already vetted to be very interested in this project.

It gives all the past inquiries the answer to their problem of joining the ICO and distributes nicely across interested parties.

Set the price of Skycoin @ $1.. So all past buyers have made between 2x and 10x. Then we have liquidity....

That places Sky @ 100,000,000 million dollars and then let the market take it higher.

Set the bots to buy if it goes under .80c...

It seems very easy and everyone wins.

Devs get a minimum $100,000,000 coin with still 70% plus in their possession.

Early investors get good returns and liquidity to allow the price to increase with more participants.

Everyone who feels like they missed out on this coin gets their chance... As they were also the early birds in forum participation.

How does this seem?

Also all participants in this new ICO are required to change their forum signature to one created by skycoin - that would be great for advertising and members happy to do so as they are now ICO Skycoin investors...

Good post, lots of good suggestions to fix distro problem this coin has.

Having huge amount of undistributed coins for this long will kill skycoin, which would be a terrible outcome.
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:43:13 AM

So you think it is a good idea to do an ICO for 1$ while the price at the exchanges is 4,50$?  Roll Eyes

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:49:21 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2017, 10:16:38 PM by mprep

So you think it is a good idea to do an ICO for 1$ while the price at the exchanges is 4,50$?  Roll Eyes

that would be ridiculous Grin Grin

Its been there for a day and is not there any more.

Check the average price over the last two months...

Even the price a week ago...

The price has only been pumped the last 5 days and it is dropping fast now.

Even the guy who bought at $4 would probably like the opportunity to buy in a distribution at $1.... Wouldn't you?

Check the average price over the last two months.. Problem is to buy any the price will jack up becasue no liquidity.

I cannot think of any party who would not like to get to buy at $1 and not effect the price while doing so.

Then there liquidity and market can be stronger less manipulated.

Of course I would like to buy in a distribution at $1. I do hope I have that opportunity again.
The problem is it will hurt the feelings of guys who bought at $4.
lucasa

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:13:26 PM

Although I'm not invested in this coin, it is a project I have high hopes for
I do plan to get in, but these liquidity problems surely are affecting prices in a negative way. More distribution has to be done. Do we have any info on an upcoming ICO?
hannusolo

Activity: 434
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:58:03 PM

Even the guy who bought at $4 would probably like the opportunity to buy in a distribution at $1.... Wouldn't you?

Check the average price over the last two months.. Problem is to buy any the price will jack up becasue no liquidity.

I cannot think of any party who would not like to get to buy at $1 and not effect the price while doing so.

Of course I would like to buy in a distribution at $1. I do hope I have that opportunity again.
The problem is it will hurt the feelings of guys who bought at $4.

A possible new ICO round for skycoin is in the air for a while now. I think it's their fault if they did no research what they invested into.
Momimaus

Never back down !!!

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:33:03 PM

I know you want to buy cheaper, but this proposition is really ridiculous and would crash skycoin once and forever.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 10:34:18 PM

I just completed reading the entire thread... OMG..

Most of it is people asking how to participate in the ICO...

So many got in @ 10c and then @ 50c...

Last was only whales...

So now there is no liquidity and whales just holding to dump in profits.

There are many requests for ideas on distribution after over 5 years of development - time is overdue.

ICO -- ROUND 3 --

I would say the best method is to time stamp from the end of this month..

Scrape every forum post member on this thread with a post count of over 20.

Private message them a one time use code, to send up to 5btc to a bitcoin address with a return Sky address for the coins.

Out of those who respond they are already vetted to be very interested in this project.

It gives all the past inquiries the answer to their problem of joining the ICO and distributes nicely across interested parties.

Set the price of Skycoin @ $1.. So all past buyers have made between 2x and 10x. Then we have liquidity....

That places Sky @ 100,000,000 million dollars and then let the market take it higher.

Set the bots to buy if it goes under .80c...

It seems very easy and everyone wins.

Devs get a minimum $100,000,000 coin with still 70% plus in their possession.

Early investors get good returns and liquidity to allow the price to increase with more participants.

Everyone who feels like they missed out on this coin gets their chance... As they were also the early birds in forum participation.

How does this seem?

Also all participants in this new ICO are required to change their forum signature to one created by skycoin - that would be great for advertising and members happy to do so as they are now ICO Skycoin investors...

Good post, lots of good suggestions to fix distro problem this coin has.

Having huge amount of undistributed coins for this long will kill skycoin, which would be a terrible outcome.

Having only a small amount of coin released and a large over 80% held in house does not create scarcity - the expected result of scarcity is a higher price..

But it does not do that becasue then it over values the overall token holdings on a thin market and then there is a range $5 - .50c where people trade in and pump and dump.

Becasue when it gets to $5 sanity kicks in and a realization it is over priced and a dump can happen just on a small sale as there is no liquidity. So down to under $1.

This is not good for the coin or platform, these guys do not hold for the long term because of a fast 5x profit it is then dumped.

60%-70% held by the team for long term distribution is still a huge scarcity.. I do not understand why 1% released was considered scarcity - i consider it unworkable. I propose getting the released coins up to 30% - 40% released to qualified interested parties who like the tech and will better the platform..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if the proposal above regarding scraping this topics forum members and then pm them a redemption code. Can buy one lot up to 5btc at $1 per Sky.

Maybe only 20 - 40 people would do it?

Maybe 60% of these people would do well under 5btc.

So it is probably just a release of another 1%-2% - but at least it is a bit of an increase and to people interested in backing this project.

It spreads the ownership and does not allow whales with the 5btc max.

Coins have to be held for the development process.

Momimaus

Never back down !!!

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:06:25 AM

What does that mean?

90% coins are for development purposes?

Did you read what i wrote?

I am suggesting releasing maybe less than another 10%..

Does the dev team want to own 90% plus for development purposes?

Why do people read the above idea and assume that i am saying release all the coins?

That is not said AT ALL.

Either this is a great project if the distribution gets altered or tweaked.

Or it is a long con, releasing under 90% and dev holding..

Attempting to create scarcity, only releasing 0.01% monthly only on price rises..

All money of tokens sold goes to dev... Over 90% of coins spread over along time with increasing returns...

So far after 4 years is a simple wallet and blockchain for the public to use.

What is the hangup with releasing even 30%? Is that really un-imaginable?

I suggested releasing another 10% so to make a full release around 20% total after 4 years.

Why are the devs hording ? So afraid of whales and distribution?

I do not get it and that is why i made the above suggestion...

Let it go. Nobody likes your ideas.

Jason7189

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:09:44 AM

I know that there are a lot of silent guys like me wanting to get in, but are weary because of the extremely large number of uncirculated coins held by the devs.

Before we invest, we want to see some BIG changes in the Skycoin Supply
lovely89

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:13:43 AM

This ICO process is ridiculously confusing. Can somebody tell me how I can participate? I've been following skycoin for years and am really interested in what the team are doing.

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:01:44 PM

Clif High talks positively about this coin. He says it has good long term data sets.
To study crypto you just need to use Youtube and subscribe to all the teck talks etc.

Then use Twitter to get all the rumors, then visit the websites and the whitepapers.

why you forget to mention joining the specific coins' boards, forums, slack channels, discord, telegram, etc..... ?

see, this is where you are missing on the most valuable informations you can get for making all your analysis.

you are really active here by proposing things, but you are missing all the informations by not joining the telegram group, imho.
I am tempted to believe you have some underlying goals or mission....
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 05:00:36 AM

This is my concern...

The ICO process is not clear it seems on purpose..

Even the first release of ICO was it seems a mess..

Code and complications to get a successful coin. then it was done by hand anyway.

The second ICO they say not many responded no one really took them up on the high price, So only whales got on at the end.

Third ICO who knows.... I have mentioned a method to do a fair and popular ICO round above...

Right now i see the ICO runs like this...

When the price goes up and stabilizes they release 0.1% more coins.

Then wait until the price goes up and stabilizes and then release 0.1% more coins then repeat..

They have decided to do this becasue they want to compare with Maid, Ripple, Stellar..

Holding most the coins until later.

But these other platforms have open Devs, that do tours and have a company formed and are not anonymous in China.

Anyway I am sure the multiple Devs will respond as they are bright guys but i am concerned they do not want to budge from this..

I am very cautious. I have read the Devs economic and technical write ups.. I hope they are valid views and not cut and paste.

Does anyone visit the Skycoin Slack?  https://skycoin.slack.com/

Are you in the telegram community yet? - https://t.me/Skycoin

We have continually discussed distribution models but more models are needed potentially for a median value as per my last post so I encourage everyone to join and we can talk about development and distribution.

seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:11:37 AM

Is it correct this project is over?
There is no one in slack..

The Telegram cannot be found..

I try to find it but the search says it is closed.

Nothing on this forum?

No devs activity?

I only just found skycoin and got interested but unless someone has some news i guess it is done..

Why don't you just take your time to learn a 5 years old project before making any judgement?
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 10:41:34 AM

Is it correct this project is over?
There is no one in slack..

The Telegram cannot be found..

I try to find it but the search says it is closed.

Nothing on this forum?

No devs activity?

I only just found skycoin and got interested but unless someone has some news i guess it is done..

The telegram link is on this same page - https://t.me/Skycoin

There was github updates a few hours ago - https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin

xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:12:30 AM

Coins have to be held for the development process.

How many % ? plz

They are only holding 95% for development and arbitrary distribution..
http://explorer.skycoin.net/blocks

95%?!?!

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:34:19 PM

We will have an AMA with one of the main devs of skycoin on https://ark.io/slack/ on Thursday 29th, at 11pm Hong Kong time.

See you there.
esbrave789

Activity: 177

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:40:15 PM

Sky[Suspicious link removed]d name, hope his price will go to the sky
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: