Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:54:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381506 times)
LiskEnterprise

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:15:43 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2017, 04:49:58 AM by LiskEnterprise

Without a complete revised plan on distribution people are not going to buy into skycoin becasue the Dev who is unknown and cannot be trusted becasue they are unknown own 94% of all coins.

Trustless means the distribution is coded in the system, like BTC.

How will Skycoin compare with IOTA?

IOTA has instant transfer.

No POW.

No fees.

All coins successfully issued.

---------------

Skycoin plans

Instant transactions

No fees

Simulated POW.

Keeping majority of coins.

----------------------

If coin distribution is distributed to the network participants running hardware.

To development teams and contributors.

For marketing and events...

How can you make this trustless?

IOTA has come out now and is operational with everything skycoin planned.

I question why would anyone integrate sky over IOTA in their business plan or platform?

How will sky reorganize its plan to distribute coins and make the distribution trustless eg coded into the blockchain.

------------------------

Skycoin has released no tech, always just says 'look at the github'

Skycoin is currently running an ICO another one as they have done many...

Priced at 0.002 but the market price is telling them the price is 0.0008 nearly 1/3 of what they think it is worth.

Now they are thinking of an Airdrop to BTC and ETH holders.

The ICO and distribution system cannot always change on a whim or be held by the devs..

The tech needs to be released..

Who gets and controls the ICO funds?

----------------

I personally would like to see the coins succeed, but as it is there seems no standard reasonable plan.

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 04:57:41 AM

Without a complete revised plan on distribution people are not going to buy into skycoin becasue the Dev who is unknown and cannot be trusted becasue they are unknown own 94% of all coins.

No POW.

No fees.

---------------

Skycoin plans

Instant transactions

No fees

Simulated POW.

----------------------

If coin distribution is distributed to the network participants running hardware.

I question why would anyone integrate sky over IOTA in their business plan or platform?

How will sky reorganize its plan to distribute coins and make the distribution trustless eg coded into the blockchain.

------------------------

Priced at 0.002 but the market price is telling them the price is 0.0008 nearly 1/3 of what they think it is worth.

The ICO and distribution system cannot always change on a whim or be held by the devs..

----------------

I personally would like to see the coins succeed, but as it is there seems no standard reasonable plan.

"Unknown dev" please do your research and check the github. It is extremely unfair you say these things because it just isn't true. With one click you can see the development cycle.

https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin

Cool

LiskEnterprise

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:26:52 AM

No POW.

No fees.

---------------

Skycoin plans

Instant transactions

No fees

Simulated POW.

----------------------

------------------------

----------------

"Unknown dev" please do your research and check the github. It is extremely unfair you say these things because it just isn't true. With one click you can see the development cycle.

Cool

Yes but anyone can make a github,

Development cycle yes... But github is not an identifier or who people are.

Whats to stop this project getting ICO funds closing down and opening up complete under the name SuperCoin?

Investors have no recourse or event complain or investigation channels..

Where is the developer list showing the team on the Skycoin webpage.

I think you know what i am saying.

Ok this project is different as it is from China and is about 6 years old and seems randomic.

When i ask who gets the ICO money that is not clear.

Who is running this - is not clear.

Why do they keep saying their marketing sucks and their ICOs fail like they are blaming someone else?

Who is they?

Again the main questions on making the finances and the ICO and the coin distribution trustless are just skipped.

They do not want an distribution like Nxt or IOTA ...

Ok that decision was made a long time ago...

So they plan to release by simulated POW to anyone servicing the network and coin hours.

They plan to distribute to projects devs and marketing.

Skycoin is ranked 123 @ $3.85 with total supply of 100,000,000

94,000,000 is seemly stored and this effect any potential buyer right now and all past holders.

This distribution needs to be set in stone and coded into the system.

Their inflation deflation debates do not make any sense.

Their hording coins until prices rise then release some then release more when prices rise only increases ICO profits for the unknown devs. Now that is fine if all coin holders continue to benefit from the price rise and the technology that is in use.

I do not see any tech yet.

I see price dropping on the markets and that is the reality.

Skycoin has only ever made value in the coin becasue it is based in BTC and it floats when BTC water floats all boats.

Skycoin maximalists have a gun to their head if they cannot answer these simple questions.

If this cannot be discussed then why?

If it cannot be answered then why?

Everytime sky price drops i consider buying but i do the math and there is more value elsewhere in alts.

100,000,000 x $3.85 is a ridiculous price. Especially becasue there is unanswered questions.

After 6 years there is only a web wallet released

Only 6,000,000 coins released

94,000,000 coins held by unknown people.

So there is no possible accountability.

Also with all the ACCHAIN BS happening with staments and videos connecting SDR China to Neo and QTUM

and QTUMs past connection with Sky.Ledger and Sky.Coin..

Statements - that the only way these projects succeed is with the ok and backing of the China Government.

Confusion is higher than certainty.

Many investors do not look into a coin they buy and that speculation is fine.

But this is a project 6 years old, and with this many unanswered questions.

Again this is just my due diligence. Pushing to get answers.

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 05:31:37 AM

No POW.

No fees.

---------------

Skycoin plans

Instant transactions

No fees

Simulated POW.

----------------------

------------------------

----------------

Cool

Yes but anyone can make a github,

Development cycle yes... But github is not an identifier or who people are.

Whats to stop this project getting ICO funds closing down and opening up complete under the name SuperCoin?

Investors have no recourse or event complain or investigation channels..

Where is the developer list showing the team on the Skycoin webpage.

I think you know what i am saying.

Ok this project is different as it is from China and is about 6 years old and seems randomic.

When i ask who gets the ICO money that is not clear.

Who is running this - is not clear.

Why do they keep saying their marketing sucks and their ICOs fail like they are blaming someone else?

Who is they?

Again the main questions on making the finances and the ICO and the coin distribution trustless are just skipped.

They do not want an distribution like Nxt or IOTA ...

Ok that decision was made a long time ago...

So they plan to release by simulated POW to anyone servicing the network and coin hours.

They plan to distribute to projects devs and marketing.

Skycoin is ranked 123 @ $3.85 with total supply of 100,000,000

94,000,000 is seemly stored and this effect any potential buyer right now and all past holders.

This distribution needs to be set in stone and coded into the system.

Their inflation deflation debates do not make any sense.

Their hording coins until prices rise then release some then release more when prices rise only increases ICO profits for the unknown devs. Now that is fine if all coin holders continue to benefit from the price rise and the technology that is in use.

I do not see any tech yet.

I see price dropping on the markets and that is the reality.

Skycoin has only ever made value in the coin becasue it is based in BTC and it floats when BTC water floats all boats.

Skycoin maximalists have a gun to their head if they cannot answer these simple questions.

If this cannot be discussed then why?

If it cannot be answered then why?

Everytime sky price drops i consider buying but i do the math and there is more value elsewhere in alts.

100,000,000 x $3.85 is a ridiculous price. Especially becasue there is unanswered questions.

After 6 years there is only a web wallet released

Only 6,000,000 coins released

94,000,000 coins held by unknown people.

So there is no possible accountability.

Also with all the ACCHAIN BS happening with staments and videos connecting SDR China to Neo and QTUM

and QTUMs past connection with Sky.Ledger and Sky.Coin..

Statements - that the only way these projects succeed is with the ok and backing of the China Government.

Confusion is higher than certainty.

Many investors do not look into a coin they buy and that speculation is fine.

But this is a project 6 years old, and with this many unanswered questions.

Again this is just my due diligence. Pushing to get answers.

The due diligence methodology you are using is comparative. This is not a POS or POW coin.

If you think they will run with funds after 6 years of active development you are welcome to think that - to me it makes no sense.

I understand you want a distribution methodology suited to you. It is not going to happen - we are not deploying around you - we are deploying around the world.

I will ask you as a gentleman to show a bit of respect to the development shown so far.

LiskEnterprise

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:41:05 AM

The due diligence methodology you are using is comparative. This is not a POS or POW coin.

If you think they will run with funds after 6 years of active development you are welcome to think that - to me it makes no sense.

I understand you want a distribution methodology suited to you. It is not going to happen - we are not deploying around you - we are deploying around the world.

I will ask you as a gentleman to show a bit of respect to the development shown so far.

Yes it is NOT a POW or a POS.

It is a simulated POW, where we get coin hours if we hold Skycoin and we earn Skycoin if we run VPS and nodes etc.

I am not asking it to suit me I am asking for it to be explained.

I cannot deploy it around me as I am not involved with the team.

I am asking why is it not planned to be trustless and coded so that everyone is confident on the process?

It cannot deploy around the World with the tiny volume traded in a small exchange out of New Zealand.

You can view my questions as attacks of which they are not.

I would suggest that if a lot of questions were answered and steps taken to fortify security in the process the ICO and the markets would respond.

I do like what i have read about the tech.

The blockexplorer and the wallet.

Things that make no sense happen all the time. and I feel having the correct data that is clear mitigates this.

ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 05:54:44 AM

Yes it is NOT a POW or a POS.

It is a simulated POW, where we get coin hours if we hold Skycoin and we earn Skycoin if we run VPS and nodes etc.

I am not asking it to suit me I am asking for it to be explained.

I cannot deploy it around me as I am not involved with the team.

I am asking why is it not planned to be trustless and coded so that everyone is confident on the process?

It cannot deploy around the World with the tiny volume traded in a small exchange out of New Zealand.

You can view my questions as attacks of which they are not.

I would suggest that if a lot of questions were answered and steps taken to fortify security in the process the ICO and the markets would respond.

I do like what i have read about the tech.

The blockexplorer and the wallet.

Things that make no sense happen all the time. and I feel having the correct data that is clear mitigates this.

The questions don't make any sense. Since there is no rationale in your foundation. Once again you are asking for a distribution period that is clearly been explained as undetermined it cannot be determined because there is no simple solution for distribution without POW and POS - it has to be worked out. I have already told you this weeks ago. If you are uncomfortable with it then that is ok - if you want to work out a core distribution model I would love to hear it - but you cannot since this is a new methodology of distribution.

LiskEnterprise

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:02:01 AM

Once again you are asking for a distribution period that is clearly been explained as undetermined. If you are uncomfortable with it then that is ok.

Yes agreed.

but not so much a distribution period that is undetermined.

But a distribution method, human decision or coded so it is systematic.

ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 06:03:27 AM

Once again you are asking for a distribution period that is clearly been explained as undetermined. If you are uncomfortable with it then that is ok.

Yes agreed.

The period is undetermined. It is not a coded distribution because noone has distributed a coin without POS or POW before. Coded distribution only comes in for hardware validation - that is still yet to be determined also.

LiskEnterprise

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:06:03 AM

Yes agreed.

The period is undetermined. It is not a coded distribution because noone has distributed a coin without POS or POW before. Coded distribution only comes in for hardware validation - that is still yet to be determined also.

That is not exactly correct.

IOTA distributed all 100% of coins.

Has no POS

Has no POW with miners.

Consensus is done as you perform a transaction.

ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 06:08:24 AM

Yes agreed.

That is not exactly correct.

IOTA distributed all 100% of coins.

Has no POS

Has no POW with miners.

Consensus is done as you perform a transaction.

Incorrect IOTA was distributed through a crowdsale. With a 100% limit. It does not use hardware as a reward mechanism.

Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:17:11 PM

Jesus Christ, skycoin please burn 70  million coins. This shit will never stop.

If you burn them everybody is happy. Your ICO would get sold out faster, the price would increase and this bullshit trolling would stop.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
poer

Activity: 531
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 08:22:38 PM

LIKE PROJECT

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
lilaj4de

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:14:19 PM

If you burn them everybody is happy. Your ICO would get sold out faster, the price would increase and this bullshit trolling would stop.

So, it really has to burn, many currencies the price gets very low. The valuation of the currency depends sometimes on the quantity available in the project
kaorikaori

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:30:30 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 01:55:44 PM by kaorikaori

Nevermind Fixed Smiley
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 08:21:25 PM

The trolling is not a problem - if you want a sutainable project there must be time taken to understand distribution. The trolling is no concern. They are legitimate questions but it has been answered quite a bit.

LiskEnterprise

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:43:12 AM

Can anyone give clarity on Skycoin and CoinHours?

Heres my thoughts...

If there was already full distribution then we could say that skycoin would be deflationary, as no one wants to spend it becasue the price maybe going up. Services and products maybe offered by the public on sky but as the price is increasing then people will hold their sky as the products and services will  be cheaper later.

So because of the potential of skycoin being deflationary...

We need a inflationary coin to encourage spending on goods and services offered by nodes on the network or offered digital goods and services.

And this is the role of CoinHours..

Every hour we hold a Skycoin we receive a CoinHour.

So our wallets will always have two balances. Skycoin and Coinhour.

There will be then a market between rate of exchange between the two.

And probably the price differentiating until infinity. over time.

IS this correct?  Any comments.

skycoin (OP)

Activity: 498

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 05:49:35 PM

No POW.

No fees.

---------------

Skycoin plans

Instant transactions

No fees

Simulated POW.

----------------------

------------------------

----------------

Irrational Negativity.

Irrelevant questions.

IOTA is doing DAG. Skycoin is not doing DAG, but a new consensus algorithm to replace PoW/PoS. IOTA and Skycoin are similar but different approaches.

Skycoin does not keep sensor and IoT device data on the blockchain. The Skycoin blockchain is only for transaction data. Everything else is pushed off blockchain with CX, CXO and Skywire.

Skycoin can do DAG later (was designed from the start for this). However, we decided not to do DAG, because it violates one of the core requirements, which is a finite resource upper bound for network operation.

>IOTA has come out now and is operational with everything skycoin planned.

Lol. No.

Wait until you see the new Skycoin website. I do not think you understand the project scope.

IOTAs website says they are doing something in IoT. I dont see what this has to do with Skycoin.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 05:50:43 PM

These question are non-constructive.

The only thing that matters is the project goals and how they will be achieved.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 05:57:00 PM

Jesus Christ, skycoin please burn 70  million coins. This shit will never stop.

We have enough money for years. Unless we increase the size of the development team by 4x.

We are going to rapidly get to 15% and then 30% distribution, then the rest coins are being time locked to 5% per year additional distribution. The planned distribution period was always at least 20 years.

After the time lock, the total Skycoin will be ~20 million (not 100 million) and increasing to 30 million, then expanding at 5 million per year for 14 years. Almost 50% of the 20 million has been distributed already.

Once we get to 20% distribution, LISK will be complaining about something else. Instead of trying to figure out what Skycoin is even supposed to do. He is comparing the coin to some IoT coin (wtf?).

We still think the Skycoin consensus algorithm is better than both Bitcoin and IOTA, makes better security guarantees and is simple. You cannot even compare them. Once the crypto and networking stack are implemented and its debugged, its flawless. It will run for a thousand years without modification and no one could imagine any improvement worth adding the additional complexity.

We do not see a future for either PoS or PoW based coins, because newer algorithms are vastly simpler, superior and offers instant transaction times instead of hours.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 06:06:54 PM

Distribution Problem Solved:

After the time lock, the total Skycoin will be ~20 million (not 100 million) and increasing to 30 million, then expanding at 5 million per year for 14 years. Almost 50% of the 20 million has been distributed already.

The coins from 20% to 30% are network incentives and might be distributed over ten years.

The 30% to 100% will be distributed at a max rate of 5 million coins per year, over a minimum period of fourteen years. Yearly dilution is capped at a maximum of 16.66666... percent per year.

People complaining about "devs have bla bla bla" percentage of the coins are complaining about coins that wont exist for +20 years.

The new API changes includes the time lock and will calculate the spendable coins correctly, resolving the problem forever.

We stand triumphant over this gordans knot.

Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: