Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:10:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381506 times)
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 04:45:59 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2018, 05:06:16 PM by Zer0Sum

The Skywire testnet is online and growing, with a node count of 7500 so far.
http://discovery.skycoin.net:8001/#/

Since I dumped most of my SKY after InvasionGate circa 100K sat...
It's not crazy to buy back in at 40K sat...
They are 100% prioritizing SkyWire next 2-3 months and standing up a live meshnet is a Big Deal.

Crypto is all about picking your scams carefully and at $24 million cap a working meshnet will 10x that.

A month later SKY is UP 25% at $30 million cap... while most ALT indices have crashed another 20%.

You can check test nodes at the link above...
Up from 7500 to 8100, but much of that is probably virtual test nodes...
Though it would not surprise me if there are ballpark 500 "daily users" running actual hardware and getting paid SKY monthly...
That 500 daily users would be > that ANY project on Ethereum including IDEX... so not bad for the #138 coin.

Well, SKY is still at 60K sat up 50% from it's lows.. it's been a fabulous coin to trade.

The Dev team spends all of it's time astroturfing Reddit, flying to expensive conferences, etc...
These people and their "friends" are shady as fuck, but so are 90% of the people involved in crypto...
Especially the ones who pretend to occupy the Moral High Ground.

Like that Solar Bankers project they are gonna float on SKY...
About 3% of the world's energy is solar and that comes out of nuclear, not hydrocarbons...
So anyone from California/Singapore "helping stone age people" somewhere with ultra-expensive solar...
Is totally selling you a Cool Story, man.

It's counter intuitive, but you will make more $$$ picking your scams wisely than "investing" in "quality projects".

Wanna bet a Big Pump is incoming?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 652
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:44:18 PM

About 3% of the world's energy is solar and that comes out of nuclear, not hydrocarbons...

what?  Roll Eyes
Elizebeth_Torres9888

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:35:16 AM

First of all, the idea of the project is very nice and your concepts and implementations are very impressive. In your whitepaper have whole acknowledgment of the project that can help the users to join the project easily. I hope it will be a successful in the future. So keep your work hard guys and all the best for your bright future. Cheesy
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:47:14 AM

what?  Roll Eyes
What you are saying mate, you are saying solar also and then saying that it is generated from nuclear... Huh Are you high on weeds??
May be you are correct in this sense.

Solar Energy comes from sun where Nuclear Fission is taking place... Grin
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 04:02:35 PM

what?  Roll Eyes
What you are saying mate, you are saying solar also and then saying that it is generated from nuclear... Huh Are you high on weeds??

Fusion

surfz

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 10:08:19 PM

Help to build the new Internet by building the Ronny’s Cheap Man’s Skyminer, a Skyminer for only 40 bucks in less than 1 hour.
Rewards per node (the Pi is the node, which runs the Skyminer software) for September 2018: 2.901 Skycoin/Month.

If you experience any problems, feel free to PM me or ask in https://t.me/skywire
or
https://www.reddit.com/r/skycoin/comments/8s80w1/build_the_ronnys_cheap_mans_skyminer_a_skyminer/

Aloha,
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/2000/1*rBl75FLFRAMmKLwPDnmoCA.png
https://medium.com/@CryptoRonny/build-the-ronnys-cheap-man-s-skyminer-a-skyminer-for-only-40-bucks-in-less-than-1-hour-526714fe7a3a
Zer0Sum
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 09:10:14 AM

what?  Roll Eyes

Fusion

https://www.e-education.psu.edu/ebf301/node/457

EIA US Chart 2016

80% hydrocarbons
10% nuclear
10% renewable (6% solar)

The entire world is closer to 90% hydrocarbons (and 3% solar)....
Because the US is very rich and can afford to subsidize very expensive energy like solar...
And nuclear is shrinking so every 1% gain in solar comes at the expense of nuclear...
And new US supplies like domestic shale will ensure that hydrocarbons will stay at 80% thru 2040.

So if some micro-startup says "we gonna bring solar power from California to Stone Age people"...
It's complete bullshit 99% of the time... but sounds noble and great  Smiley
vegaed1

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:49:53 PM

They are 100% prioritizing SkyWire next 2-3 months and standing up a live meshnet is a Big Deal.

Crypto is all about picking your scams carefully and at $24 million cap a working meshnet will 10x that.

A month later SKY is UP 25% at $30 million cap... while most ALT indices have crashed another 20%.

Though it would not surprise me if there are ballpark 500 "daily users" running actual hardware and getting paid SKY monthly...
That 500 daily users would be > that ANY project on Ethereum including IDEX... so not bad for the #138 coin.

Agree. It's still around 30M market cap and looking like a good buy. First time of heard of sky. Looks extremely promising but a lot of negative comments here.
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:10:10 PM

Agree. It's still around 30M market cap and looking like a good buy. First time of heard of sky. Looks extremely promising but a lot of negative comments here.

Lots of undistributed coins makes people nervous, when the distro is finished SKY could easily x100
suhadi88

Activity: 616

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:25:35 PM

First of all, the idea of the project is very nice and your concepts and implementations are very impressive. In your whitepaper have whole acknowledgment of the project that can help the users to join the project easily. I hope it will be a successful in the future. So keep your work hard guys and all the best for your bright future. Cheesy
Yes, I agree in this case. They are very optimistic of being able to become a great project in the future. Recognition of how their Platform is the most powerful in the world. as well as supported by supported by bandwidth, storage and computing power.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
Zer0Sum
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 01:05:05 AM

Lots of undistributed coins makes people nervous, when the distro is finished SKY could easily x100

This a great project if you believe the "next internet" will run on stacks of Raspberry Pi...
OTOH, because it's 1000000% premined... they can pay guys like McAfee $50,000-$100,000 to get a fake tatoo.
vegaed1

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 07:54:00 PM

This a great project if you believe the "next internet" will run on stacks of Raspberry Pi...
OTOH, because it's 1000000% premined... they can pay guys like McAfee $50,000-$100,000 to get a fake tatoo.

LOL I seen that and don't like how he pumps coins for a fee.
9Bank

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 06:53:16 PM

what?  Roll Eyes

Fusion

https://www.e-education.psu.edu/ebf301/node/457

EIA US Chart 2016

80% hydrocarbons
10% nuclear
10% renewable (6% solar)

The entire world is closer to 90% hydrocarbons (and 3% solar)....
Because the US is very rich and can afford to subsidize very expensive energy like solar...
And nuclear is shrinking so every 1% gain in solar comes at the expense of nuclear...
And new US supplies like domestic shale will ensure that hydrocarbons will stay at 80% thru 2040.

So if some micro-startup says "we gonna bring solar power from California to Stone Age people"...
It's complete bullshit 99% of the time... but sounds noble and great  Smiley
Yes you can't just spin a yarn about bringing solar from California to stone age worlds of suffering and neglect. John always walks the plank when he ties in coins with irreverent mentions about really sad things like "morning heroin" time. Perhaps it's just his humor but I have to pass on principal.

SheldonLeeCooper

Activity: 434
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 09:33:33 PM

Skycoin's Wikipedia page was recently approved before quickly being removed by the site's editors. They've discounted references from Reuters, Forbes, Nasdaq, CNBC, Bloomberg, Binance, and the United Nations. Disappointing to say the least!

Full story:
https://medium.com/@bivins1/when-wikipedia-turns-wickedpedia-the-wikipedia-skycoin-saga-ca35fafb7482
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:51:21 AM

Is it dead yet ?
Exister

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 01:59:43 PM

Anyone who's been out of the loop and curious as to what Skycoin has been up to in November, have a look at the latest community update. Skywire is getting close to the release of the mainnet, and participation will explode with the removal of whitelisting requirements.
https://medium.com/@Skycoinproject/november-2018-community-update-a8ad4de2e860

Is it dead yet ?
Being in the middle of a significant bear market, we expect to see many projects die, and some are already showing clear signs of this. The kinds of projects that will die generally are recent ICO projects that have blown all their funds on marketing, not having enough left over to support the development of actual technology. This is significantly exacerbated by the low prices Ethereum has fallen to. Since 2018 Skycoin has come under heavy attack, even sabotaged by the criminal actions of a contracted party. The attacks only continue to this day. But none of this has been able to affect the project's ability to continue developing it's vast ecosystem. Skycoin's market performance may have turned away the interest of speculators, but the technological prospects continue to attract active developers and community participants. The Skywire testnet has reached 9400 online nodes and continues to grow. To all who wish to see the death of Skycoin, you'd better double your efforts and do your worst. Good luck.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 11:29:49 PM

SKYCOIN IS LOOKING LIKE A FUCKING SCAM LOL WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU PEOPLE  Roll Eyes

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
gembitz

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 11:30:23 PM

Skycoin's Wikipedia page was recently approved before quickly being removed by the site's editors. They've discounted references from Reuters, Forbes, Nasdaq, CNBC, Bloomberg, Binance, and the United Nations. Disappointing to say the least!

Full story:
https://medium.com/@bivins1/when-wikipedia-turns-wickedpedia-the-wikipedia-skycoin-saga-ca35fafb7482

FUCK OFF CENSORSHIP PIGS

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
muleroaa

Activity: 924
Merit: 526

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:05:19 PM

Anyone who's been out of the loop and curious as to what Skycoin has been up to in November, have a look at the latest community update. Skywire is getting close to the release of the mainnet, and participation will explode with the removal of whitelisting requirements.

I think John McAfee is a good person to have connected to Skycoin, despite his previous pumps and outings he sure does know how to generate some publicity within the crypto ecosystem!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
gembitz

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:07:27 PM

I think John McAfee is a good person to have connected to Skycoin, despite his previous pumps and outings he sure does know how to generate some publicity within the crypto ecosystem!

before or after he eats his own dick? Smiley lol

Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: