Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:04:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blockchain.info blocked my IP ?  (Read 4888 times)
ZephramC (OP)

Activity: 475
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:46:02 AM

Hallo. Yesterday I did some more extensive requests to block explorer at blockchain.info by visualizing transactions. (Trying to map path of some hacked/stolen bitcoins in Czech republic last month.) However, it was all manual requests, although the branching path of transactions was quite complicated graph with many vertexes and edges.

Then suddenly it stopped working an I get message by Cloudflare: "Error 1006 Access denied" with the explenation: "The owner of this website (blockchain.info) has banned your IP address ()." I did nothing at first, hoping the ban will expire i few minutes or hours, but it is still in effect.
Have this happen to any of you? Will it "expire"? or shall I write to blockchain.info asking for details?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:33:14 PM

Sounds like too many requests in 24 hrs.

Whether it expires or not depends on blockchain's settings. Might well be permanent. Contact them to ask them, and also what their "per IP" access policy is. Then you can stay within it in future Smiley
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 07:30:53 PM

IP Bans expire in 4 hours.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:37:02 PM

Are you from BlockChain.info ?

ZephramC (OP)

Activity: 475
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:28:36 PM

Thank you piuk. I tried it now and it is expired. So I can access the site again. (But the duration of ban was more than 4 hours. Something like 12 hours or more.)
May I ask what is the reasonable number of requests? I do not want to give reason to ban in the future Smiley.
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 10:27:37 PM

Thank you piuk. I tried it now and it is expired. So I can access the site again. (But the duration of ban was more than 4 hours. Something like 12 hours or more.)
May I ask what is the reasonable number of requests? I do not want to give reason to ban in the future Smiley.

The time is extended if the ip has already been banned previously.

The request limits are shown on the bottom of the api page https://blockchain.info/api

il--ya

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:16:17 PM

The request limits are shown on the bottom of the api page https://blockchain.info/api

Which you obviously cannot see if you are banned! Smiley

blockchain.info Request Limits:
Requests in 8 Hours: 1957 (Soft Limit = 28800, Hard Limit = 28900)
Requests in 5 minutes: 223 (Soft Limit = 700, Hard Limit = 725)

It is possible to bypass the request limiter using API with an API Key.
API key can be requested at http://blockchain.info/api/api_create_code
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: