Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:41:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone familiar with staticIP setup in Motorola NVG150 with ATT Uverse?  (Read 1018 times)
customxyz (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:06:00 AM

Perhaps not the right place for this but I have searched all over and exhausted all my efforts in trying to get this to work, so I thought I would come here.  Most people mining now have quite a bit of technological know-how, and networking is something that I myself am not very savy with.

I am running windows inside VMware and I want to setup that virtual machine's IP as a static IP server.  However I have only been unsuccessful in my attempts to get it working.  I can easily find the machines IPv4 address in both my router settings (under connected devices) and by doing an ipconfig /all within the virtual machine itself.

but I guess what I am having trouble with is actually setting it up inside of the NVG150 router interface.  I go to Home Network > Subnets & DHCP and under Public Subnet I turn Public Subnet Enable to "On"

https://i.imgur.com/5P1GHLT.png

and then plug in the virtual machines IPv4 address into where it says Public IPv4 Address.  Public Subnet Mask is as it says in the /ipconfig all window within the machine.  However when I put in anything in the DHCPv4 Start Address and DHCPv4 End Address Range, which is specified at the top of that image for me, and I can see the range of addresses I am using being served out to machines connected to my router I get this error:

https://i.imgur.com/jLRNiW5.png

I can understand what the error is telling me.. that using these addresses conflicts with the router handing them out to something already on the network.. so what am I doing wrong here?  Perhaps I am not even going about this right.. so if anyone has experience with this router please help!

I have read in some places that people purchase a static IP block from ATT.  I'm not entirely sure if this is something that is necessary for me to set this Virtual Machine up as a static IP or not, but anyone with some knowhow might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uhnonamiss

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:43:37 AM

whats the vm's network adapter ? also why vmware & not virtualbox?    lastly what service are you trying to set up  ?
customxyz (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:45:29 AM

-whats the vm's network adapter ?

I'm not sure it matters, but the original VM I made is set to NAT.  I made a clone of that which I want to use as the server.  That clone is set as Bridged.  And the machine all of this is running on is actually connected through wifi.

https://i.imgur.com/aDU9mnM.png

- also why vmware & not virtualbox?

Honestly I am completely new to this vmware thing, is there an advantage to using virtualbox?  I really don't too much about these things myself.

- lastly what service are you trying to set up  ?

I am just trying to make one of the VM clones act as a static IP on my own network for my own purposes.
customxyz (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:25:37 AM

Ah, post got moved.  Anyone here able to help?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: