Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:28:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ZeroGox - Hosted MtGox trading bot  (Read 1988 times)
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:39:02 AM

This is totally biased but I'm having success with my service, making a few percents per week in profit, enough to cover server costs even with a few trial accounts running. At worst I'll keep updating it for myself, but I'd prefer to see a small community grow out of this since it's still an open source project before anything else. ZeroGox will still have a few advantages over a local goxtool installation, like graphs, reports and the new IRC bot (say "hi" to ZeroGox on freenode, he could be at your command).

Let me know how your simulations work out!

I'm happy you are making some money but with trading the question is always "what risk are you taking to take that amount of profit"?

Can you comment on this at all. What's the risk attached to making the profit you currently make?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:41:56 AM

I just tried to log in and failed, both with my email address and user name. All my passwords are generated and stored in a password manager so I'm 99% sure that is right.

What should I do?
caktux (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 03:17:00 AM

I'm happy you are making some money but with trading the question is always "what risk are you taking to take that amount of profit"?

Can you comment on this at all. What's the risk attached to making the profit you currently make?

You're right, that IS the question. Right now goxtool has "cold storage" settings for BTC and fiat, which act like leverage or to "skew" the balancer towards one or the other. If you have 1 BTC and the equivalent in fiat in your Gox account and set those settings to 2 BTC and 2x your fiat balance, then you're running at 3x leverage. The balancer will make bigger trades but you risk running out of fiat if the price drops too much or out of BTC if the price skyrockets. I'm not sure how to calculate and put a number on that risk though. If you run it without using the cold storage settings (the default), the bot would never run out, no matter how high or how low the price goes, so there's very little risk if any by default.

There's already a few protections against bad trades in the balancer but I'll be adding a few more to limit those risks, the most important one being to be able to set reserves so the bot stops if one of the next trades would go above or below a reserve balance. For now you can use the "forced price" feature for more control but keep an eye on the github repo, I'll be adding this reserve setting shortly.

TL;DR - I'm running my instance at around 3x leverage but with a very small price distance to make more volume and lower my fees, so my risk is medium/high on this. However you would get around the same profit % if not higher with no leverage and a price distance above 5%; bigger payouts but less trades.

I hope that answers it Smiley

Regarding your login please use the password reset, you must have forgotten to change it and still have the initial random password, happens a lot.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:58:36 AM

You're right, that IS the question. Right now goxtool has "cold storage" settings for BTC and fiat, which act like leverage or to "skew" the balancer towards one or the other. If you have 1 BTC and the equivalent in fiat in your Gox account and set those settings to 2 BTC and 2x your fiat balance, then you're running at 3x leverage. The balancer will make bigger trades but you risk running out of fiat if the price drops too much or out of BTC if the price skyrockets. I'm not sure how to calculate and put a number on that risk though. If you run it without using the cold storage settings (the default), the bot would never run out, no matter how high or how low the price goes, so there's very little risk if any by default.

There's already a few protections against bad trades in the balancer but I'll be adding a few more to limit those risks, the most important one being to be able to set reserves so the bot stops if one of the next trades would go above or below a reserve balance. For now you can use the "forced price" feature for more control but keep an eye on the github repo, I'll be adding this reserve setting shortly.

TL;DR - I'm running my instance at around 3x leverage but with a very small price distance to make more volume and lower my fees, so my risk is medium/high on this. However you would get around the same profit % if not higher with no leverage and a price distance above 5%; bigger payouts but less trades.

I hope that answers it Smiley

Regarding your login please use the password reset, you must have forgotten to change it and still have the initial random password, happens a lot.

OK - thanks for the risk explanation. Definitely something I need to "experience" to get a full grip on it.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:26:21 AM

I see no "simulator" tab on the stats page?

Do I need to do this:

"Connect to this SSH address to access your trading bot. It will change every time you reload your trading bot's container."

before the simulator tab will come up?
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:00:40 AM

sorry to be a pita, but I am using OSX, and the ssh isn't working.

I just get "Permission Denied (publickey)", or "Permission Denied (publickey,password)

For reference, on OSX, SSL usage is:

--------
usage: ssh [-1246AaCfgKkMNnqsTtVvXxYy] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec]
           [-D [bind_address:]port] [-e escape_char] [-F configfile]
           [-I pkcs11] [-i identity_file]
           [-L [bind_address:]port:host:hostport]
           [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-O ctl_cmd] [-o option] [-p port]
           [-R [bind_address:]port:host:hostport] [-S ctl_path]
           [-W host:port] [-w local_tun[:remote_tun]]
           [user@]hostname [command]
--------

I'm not a Unix expert so not sure if OSX implementation of ssl is any different ...

Any ideas?

thx
caktux (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 07:21:25 AM

I just get "Permission Denied (publickey)", or "Permission Denied (publickey,password)

You haven't set your public key in your account, it's under the Profile tab which is where all the bot's settings are located.
caktux (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 02:58:18 AM

I see no "simulator" tab on the stats page?

Simulation tab is back under the Stats page, sorry about that.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:29:07 AM

You haven't set your public key in your account, it's under the Profile tab which is where all the bot's settings are located.

Ah .... ok. Thank you very much !!
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:37:08 AM

I set my public key and it still didn't allow me to login.. does it take some time to propagate?
caktux (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 04:53:08 AM

I set my public key and it still didn't allow me to login.. does it take some time to propagate?

Nah you just need to reload your container. I added a note under the public key field and I'll make a complete how-to tonight for all this as I realize I need to make the setup more obvious.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, you're both getting the promo reward even if you don't start live trading. Send your btc address and I'll transfer the 10 mBTC. Smiley
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:07:15 AM

Nah you just need to reload your container. I added a note under the public key field and I'll make a complete how-to tonight for all this as I realize I need to make the setup more obvious.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, you're both getting the promo reward even if you don't start live trading. Send your btc address and I'll transfer the 10 mBTC. Smiley

Ok thanks that worked! and here you can just send it to the address in my sig. Thanks

caktux (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 05:16:44 AM

Ok thanks that worked! and here you can just send it to the address in my sig. Thanks

Sent! https://blockchain.info/tx/6a5e23c8068bf913831b2c449e05156e3750700c5af3f4594303db3dd2b01dc6
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: