Bitcoin Forum
August 25, 2024, 08:00:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Pools?  (Read 1322 times)
Framewood

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:16:02 AM

What is interesting is we are now seeing coins appear that have been 100% mined. NXT coin is a "proof of stake" and has a process where you "Forge"  coins. It is like earning interest on the coins you have. The interest comes from transaction fees. We can debate the issues of who holds the coins etc. but the energy wasted globally on mining coins could be put to better use. So mining and mining pools is old generation thinking.
TheCleanGame

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:46:41 PM

I have a grand total of 120kh/s of (personal rig) mining power.  Built with a donated card, no less.

It's completely unreasonable for me to consider competing with the big boys unless I use a large mining pool with low diff servers.  Because of this... I"m putting my extra 10$-$20 savings into http://scrypt.cc?ref=baagt as I get it, instead of saving for a mining rig.

Why?

There are HUGE datacenters going up to mine Scrypt based coins.  It's going to be even more important to be part of a large pool with a personal miner as the difficulty is going up like it did with Bitcoin.

http://scrypt.cc?ref=baagt is approximately 4% of the total Mh/s power of 4 data centers that mine several scrypt coins at once, based on profitability.  Being a competitive miner on a private pool with such huge hash rates is awesome for payouts.

Best of All?

I get to re-invest the btc I accrue into more KHS... every day. Smiley  Would you LOVE to be able to add a KHS or two to your videocard every couple days?  (Oh yeah!)

I'm LOVING it!

Keep it Clean! Cheesy

NO CONTRACT Mining shares, Multi-Scrypt Coin Mining. Scrypt.CC?ref=baagt (been banned from pm/posts, just to let you know)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: