Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:01:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pussy Traders at TradeHill  (Read 2545 times)
the joint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 05:12:58 PM

You've got to be kidding me.  As of now (12:09 p.m. US Central Time) I've been watching the charts on Mt. Gox Live go nuts.  And what about Tradehill?  Last deal...31 minutes ago.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!  If I had USD to buy, I'd buy, but I need to SELL first to buy you pussies.  Get picked on too much in high school and now you guys can't play ball?
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 06:03:00 PM

Yes, I had the same problem. I moved to ExchangeBitcoins.com and I'm getting much better action. I have nothing to do with ExchangeBitcoins.com - I'm just finding better liquidity there than TradeHill. Yesterday I pulled BTC off of TradeHill, moved it over to ExchangeBitcoins.com and got a quick fill. I requested an ACH withdrawal and the money was sitting in my bank account today! With their new bank branch deposit option I think you'll see a large influx of ready buyers and a stronger exchange. Their volume is already gaining on TradeHill and Virtex.
RandyMarsh

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 06:27:23 PM

People are pussies for not buying... you're not buying... you are a pussy

Stan?! STAN?!?!
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 06:40:08 PM

LOL! Traders are always buying and always selling.  Wink
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 07:06:00 PM

Traders use exchanges to transfer value from someone else's pocket to their own...and good ones succeed.  The flip side is that a fair fraction of the user base needs to be able to be induced to lose money.

Sounds like Tradehill, for whatever reason, simply lacks the user base that you traders are after at this point in the game.  If I were a trader I also would be looking for greener pastures.  Sad day for Tradehill, but it seems that they have recognized the problem and are diversifying.

As a BTC accumulator (at present) Tradhill has proven to be a reliable playground so far.  IOW, I have gotten what I wanted, and usually in a timely manner.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2011, 07:27:55 PM

If I had USD to buy, I'd buy, but I need to SELL first to buy you pussies.  Get picked on too much in high school and now you guys can't play ball?
here's the biggest problem. and what if everyone was in your boat? they need money to buy first. this pretty much makes you the biggest pussy of all. stop crying like a little girl, just go to mtgox or another exchange.

the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 07:53:57 PM

I think you missed something in my original post Randy.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 07:58:20 PM

If I had USD to buy, I'd buy, but I need to SELL first to buy you pussies.  Get picked on too much in high school and now you guys can't play ball?
here's the biggest problem. and what if everyone was in your boat? they need money to buy first. this pretty much makes you the biggest pussy of all. stop crying like a little girl, just go to mtgox or another exchange.

I bought at 5.  I bought at 7.  I bought at 9.  I bought at 10.20.  I bought at 11.01.  I then had 9 dollars.  I bought at 11.39.  I bought at 11.43.  And now, I have nothing to buy with.  Quit with your non-sequiturs and get off my thread.  Sorry I hit a nerve, you nerd.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2011, 08:22:12 PM

If I had USD to buy, I'd buy, but I need to SELL first to buy you pussies.  Get picked on too much in high school and now you guys can't play ball?
waah wah wah wah waaaah....
oh your thread... i always thought it open to public comments. so what's the point of this thread? you're expecting only certain kinds of comments to pamper you, otherwise you get defensive? it's not like there's going to be an influx of buyers after reading "your" thread. looks like a troll thread to me, so i'm done here... have a good day  Wink

the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 08:25:04 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2011, 08:36:01 PM by the joint

waah wah wah wah waaaah....
oh your thread... i always thought it open to public comments. so what's the point of this thread? you're expecting only certain kinds of comments to pamper you, otherwise you get defensive? it's not like there's going to be an influx of buyers after reading "your" thread. looks like a troll thread to me, so i'm done here... have a good day  Wink

Do you like being gay?

Edit:  The point of this thread is reflected in the subject heading.  There are timid buyers on Tradehill at the moment, so it seems.  Pussy in this case is a synonym for timid because I am feeling bullish.  So yes,  it's egocentric in a sense.
RandyMarsh

Activity: 237

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 08:37:20 PM

I didnt miss anything buddy, i think you misunderstand supply and demand.

haploid23 expanded on my fairly crude statement with his post.

You bought alot, and now you want to sell. Nobody is buying because they all want to sell too. You're all in the same boat, if you're calling them pussies, then you're calling yourself a pussy too.

Stan?! STAN?!?!
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 08:49:13 PM

I didnt miss anything buddy, i think you misunderstand supply and demand.

haploid23 expanded on my fairly crude statement with his post.

You bought alot, and now you want to sell. Nobody is buying because they all want to sell too. You're all in the same boat, if you're calling them pussies, then you're calling yourself a pussy too.

No, you missed something or you wouldn't reiterate false premises.  The thread's about timid buyers and low liquidity, not OPs who want to buy and are propagating -- and yes, hoping for -  liquidity.  I bought after I made the first post, too, with what little cash I had in order to bully up the price.  You can thank me for the 11.39 and 11.43. 
indio007

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 09:10:46 PM

Even MTgox volume is way down as of late.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 09:15:50 PM

Yeah, but I feel the tension is thick.  I truly suspect this has to do with factors such as google trends and the conference.  I'm sucking up everything I can.  I'm pulling some other buy orders to pick up the loose scraps.
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 05:27:12 PM

This is why Mt. Gox *is* practically the bitcoin exchange market.

It's the only way to get money in and out in a timely fashion. Other markets are just experiments and curiosities.
The price can change drastically in 30-60 minutes. A trade shouldn't take that long (or even longer)

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 06:13:20 PM

I say fuck all traders/speculators, so, fuck you OP... pussy

Bitcoin would be better without you and valued at $.80

Godspeed
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 02:02:58 AM

Godspeed

You read this whole thread and that was the best insult you could come up with?

Geez.  That 'play ball' part was more accurate than I originally thought.

$.80?  Yeah I'm sure that would really work out well for mining.  Once you get sub electricity-cost BTC values with the current number of users, you're looking at market collapse (or, at least the most ridiculous market volatility you may ever see as people buy literally 10's or 100's of thousands of BTC and sell off minutes/hours later).  $.80 worked earlier when you could earn multiple BTC in a week and had a realistic chance of solving a block solo in a small time frame.  Try it now and see what happens.  I dare you.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 02:06:01 AM

This is why Mt. Gox *is* practically the bitcoin exchange market.

It's the only way to get money in and out in a timely fashion. Other markets are just experiments and curiosities.
The price can change drastically in 30-60 minutes. A trade shouldn't take that long (or even longer)

Yes, I agree.  But TradeHill has things going for it that Mt. Gox doesn't; namely the extreme level of customer service, accountability (they put their faces out constantly), and the fact they haven't been HACKED.  Nonetheless, I'm extremely excited about the new feature (forgot name atm) that will allow transfer of funds and BTC directly between TradeHill and Mt. Gox.  Party time.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 06:21:01 AM

Godspeed

You read this whole thread and that was the best insult you could come up with?

Geez.  That 'play ball' part was more accurate than I originally thought.

$.80?  Yeah I'm sure that would really work out well for mining.  Once you get sub electricity-cost BTC values with the current number of users, you're looking at market collapse (or, at least the most ridiculous market volatility you may ever see as people buy literally 10's or 100's of thousands of BTC and sell off minutes/hours later).  $.80 worked earlier when you could earn multiple BTC in a week and had a realistic chance of solving a block solo in a small time frame.  Try it now and see what happens.  I dare you.

It was not an insult, it was a fact!

If Bitcoin was valued at $.80 maybe people would actually spend them buying things and ot only trade them for $ and/or hoard.

Yeah, most miners could just give up because they are in no way better than you, speculators.

I still don't understand what was it that a big part of them we're doing in folding or SETI when there was no money to be made there... but now, all they see is money on their GPU's.

I'm secretelly hoping that GPU mining will become non-profitable and 90% of miners disappears not to be ssen anymore.

I bet Satoshi abandonned the project not because he thought it didn't needed him anymore, but out of embarassment of what Bitcoin started to be.

If you need a wall of text to understand what i trully meant, you are not a pussy, you are a donkey!
Desolator

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 07:09:46 AM

I think just for this complete ass clown teenager troll, we should all do a massive sell off BTC dump on tradehill Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: