Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:51:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Program for watching bitcoin price...  (Read 1170 times)
Mikcik (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:21:18 PM

Hello, is there any program (on windows) or even online site that watches for me the price of bitcoin and signals (screen flashing, SOUND etc. (mainly the sound)) that several pre-set criteria is being met on the exchanges (or price of bitcoin in general)? Like the price is rising for some time, the price has reached certain level, the price has fallen to certain level, the price is falling now for some time etc... Is there something like this? The more functionality the better (im not a programmer by the way).

I saw some site i think that plays sound when the price reaches some level, but i would like much more functionality and much moore settings and even maybe the form of a program (then online site). Can somebody redirect me somewhere where i can find the solution?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:13:54 AM

Wow... there really are not any programs?
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:39:15 PM

Yes actually. I'm not sure what sort of parameters you need for signals and what not. BTC-e offers the MetaTrader 4 platform for bitcoin and other crypto currencies.

Example chart

As far as visual and audible signals. If you have the programming skills any indicator can be programed specifically to the task with sound alerts/pop ups.
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:59:27 PM

Thanks, i'll look at it.

No, regretably im not a programmer, i have zero programmer skills (i knew some HTML tags :-) ). But i though that something like this is already made?
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:23:57 AM

Thanks, i'll look at it.

No, regretably im not a programmer, i have zero programmer skills (i knew some HTML tags :-) ). But i though that something like this is already made?

Your quite welcome, I'm glad to have helped.

If you search through the many great forex trading forums like forexfactory.com and babypips.com lots of users will have indicators already programed for metatrader 4 with alerts. (mt4 is one of the most popular forex trading platforms) It just takes a bit of searching and due diligence to find. Alternatively on these same forums a programmer can be hired fairly cheap $10-30 bux. They will be able to add audible alerts to your favorite indicators. Whatever it may be as long as you can explain it clearly they will find a way to code it for you on the cheap.

Best of luck to ya
Poker
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 05:46:37 PM

wow thats a nice tip to hire someone to cheaply program something like this, ill think about it.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:23:21 AM

Something could be written easily in PHP. Just a little script that sits there and checks the price every x amount of seconds, then when it reaches a predefined target plays an audio file.

If you come stuck and want something written, drop me a PM. Maybe we can work something out. I suppose it depends on how complex you want it to be. You might need something that constantly watches for price changes and keeps track of all sorts of different variables. Again, just basic math, so not particularly hard.

I'm a PHP programmer though, not a market analyst. I'd need specific instruction on what data was needed to be able to get the code written. Oh, and a website that spits out BTC data regularly in plain text or html.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:37:30 AM

A program like that would be really useful.

Not sure if there is one currently in existence if any one knows let us know!
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:39:40 AM

Well i think that if it would watch more factors it would be nice, i think a couple of nice features would include:

1) Check the actual price (the more often the better i gues :-), one check even under 1 second?) and when it reaches certain point play sound X until clicked of and even flash the screen maybe
2) From the checked prices list, make an avarage number from each (i dont know) 5 minutes blocks (so you would get 12 avaraged numbers per hour). If the last number (from last 5 minutes of an hour) is smaller than the first one (the avaraged first 5 minute prices in the hour) and at the same time if there are at least 6 numbers which are lower than the first number (the number avaraged from prices in the first 5 minutes of the hour) then play different sound .
- This should indicate that the price is/was falling the last hour
3) The second point again, but for price rising this time.
4) Point 2 and 3 again but this time check the price rising or falling (according to my mechanism) for few hours in a row, and if still is falling or still rising, play differen sound

I think that would be it.

What do you think, what other feature would be handy?

(i still cannot comprehend that there is still not software for bitcoin trading/watching). Someone then could even make some profit of it, it he would make and release the first (even commercial) software for bitcoin trading/watching :-).
MarCoin

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:34:13 PM

Well, i've developed a trading platform for Bitcoin, bitcoingain.com (it actually uses MTGox data) still in very Beta version.
The idea is interesting: i'm planning to add some useful statistics, and also real-time statistics and alarms.
Please write me any suggestion about this topic, i'll keep it in mind and maybe code it!
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:45:17 PM

Well, i've developed a trading platform for Bitcoin, bitcoingain.com (it actually uses MTGox data) still in very Beta version.
The idea is interesting: i'm planning to add some useful statistics, and also real-time statistics and alarms.
Please write me any suggestion about this topic, i'll keep it in mind and maybe code it!

If you code it, that would be nice :-).
BitcoinWalker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

$Gangnam works hard, so you don't have to.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 03:12:59 PM

https://bitcoinwalker.com

Investing with style!

coin123123

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:32:16 PM

there is sidebar gadget
http://domchi.cc/mybitcoins/
Pages: [1]