Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:13:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new to cryptocurrencies  (Read 453 times)
ZeroBarrier (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:22:05 AM

Hello there everyone, and I hope everyone is having a happy new year so far.

New to cryptocurrencies here. I feel like I missed the boat big time when bitcoin first made it on the scene, and I'm determined not to let it happen to me again.

The funny thing is the thing that attracted me into first trying cryptocurrencies is a coin that many of the more seasoned crowd here seem to hate/despise; dogecoin. I found out about dogecoin about a week after it first hit the scene and proceeded to research as much as I could to get up and running/mining as quickly and as much as I could. Needless to say it was a bit confusing even for a geek such as myself and I hit a few walls along the way.

I don't have an awesome gaming/mining rig like so many here do, but I do what I can on my year old gaming laptop; a ASUS G75 with a heavily overclocked GTX 660m (1325MHz Core, 3000MHz Memory). With this setup I've been pulling a modest (in my opinion at least, lol) 102kh/s and also simultaneously mine on the i7 3610qm and get a respectable 28kh/s; all in all I'm pushing 130kh/s on a gaming laptop and have been able to mine about 30k dogecoin so far.

I've mostly been saving them for now with a few donations here and there thrown out and even a few donations given to me for helping others set up their miners when I come across people trying to get set up like I once was.

I must say, so far mining in the dogecoin community has been an awesome experience and I'm hoping it doesn't end anytime soon. Even if dogecoin is considered a joke coin and not taken seriously by most seasoned cryptocurrency users, it will always hold a special place in my heart due to the fact that it's the first coin I mined, the first coin I Recieved, the first coin I sent and hopefully some day (when it gets a respectful value, I'm not hoping to be a millionaire using just a gaming laptop to mine) the first coin I cash out. Of course I wouldn't cash out all of my coins, but I'm eagerly awaiting cashing out part of my coins one day.

I'm looking forward to mining, trading and dealing in cryptocurrencies with you all (except for the scammers, lol).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: