Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:33:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E Have scammed me 2.88BTC [UNRESOLVED]  (Read 2937 times)
chris267 (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:37:54 PM

They thought they could let this slide, this has been ongoing and still not resolved, it's a shame they think they can do this to people. some of us have mouths to feed, stealing like this is an absolute disgrace on behalf of such a big company.

Basically, for some unknown reason I couldn't access the BTC-e site whenever I tried, after having sent my IP in, I managed to resolve that, only to find out that they had blocked my account for no reason. Whilst sending btc-e a ticket in relation to this issue I got my ticket closed straight after, they didn't respond, they just immediately closed my ticket. This is outrageous that they can do this to my bitcoins!

Proof:
https://i.imgur.com/fmvrmCo.png

As you can see, upon logging in, my account is banned, I can't access any features of the site

https://i.imgur.com/2yhWwUP.png

Both tickets are closed, neither of which had been resolved.

https://i.imgur.com/xlwHIWY.png

look at the status of the ticket, closed. even though no response was given!

https://i.imgur.com/Pg3ttoz.png

Support ticket given me a load of automated c***

This scam accusation stands until the problem is solved, just a heads up to others, it can be you! No idea why they did this to me, no response to my tickets either. Not impressed at all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
akaman

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:53:48 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 07:53:41 PM by akaman

I feel your pain. I made a withdrawal of 3.35 BTC from BTC-E on 11/23. The amount was removed from my BTC-E balance (now at zero) but the transaction never appeared on the blockchain, i.e. money is gone. Attempts to contact support have been futile (3 attempts). The matter remains unresolved.

I can only strongly recommend everyone to avoid the risk and not deal with BTC-E. This recommendation is based on the fact they are unable to provide corrective actions to intentional or unintentional mistakes on their side.

If only there was a BBB for bitcoin exchanges to report this to...

Does anyone know if any BTC-E admin lurk on these boards?

UPDATE: I was refunded my 3.35 BTC after almost 2 weeks. It took another 2 support tickets, plus a direct message to the BTC-E user on this forum.
chris267 (OP)

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:20:13 PM

Well when a company gets so much monopolistic power in a market, it can take advantage of its power and start scamming without much loss of demand from users. It's a shame, this problem still remains unresolved.
akaman

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:57:02 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 07:54:39 PM by akaman

Well when a company gets so much monopolistic power in a market, it can take advantage of its power and start scamming without much loss of demand from users. It's a shame, this problem still remains unresolved.

Company? I think nothing is (publicly) known of who operates BTC-E. Trading with them is, and always has been, a leap of faith. If you loose money in the process, you're on your own.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144281.20

I've used BTC-E to primarily trade Litecoin. However, with so many exchanges today operating in reliably territories and with public profiles, BTC-E is no longer as exclusive and necessary as it used to be.

If you can't afford the risk of dealing with an anonymous Russian(?) exchange that steal funds from customer accounts with impunity, then stay away from BTC-E!

UPDATED this post after my funds were refunded.
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:26:59 PM

I have been submitting tickets to get my email changed at btc-e since May. In late july/early august, my registration email service (tormail) was taken down by the US government. I have continued to submit tickets since then to get my email changed so that i may withdraw from my account. I am on ticket #11. Each one begins with me describing the problem in detail, including all verification info requested in previous emails, and i get the canned 'how to change your email' response, and then no one ever replies to it. I have 2 factor and everything else setup, verified IP addys, wallet addys, transaction dates/times, everything they have asked for, and it is still not resolved.

If it ever does get resolved and i can withdraw my btc, ltc, and usd - guess which exchange i wont be using ever again?
btc-e.com
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 04:44:06 PM

They thought they could let this slide, this has been ongoing and still not resolved, it's a shame they think they can do this to people. some of us have mouths to feed, stealing like this is an absolute disgrace on behalf of such a big company.

Basically, for some unknown reason I couldn't access the BTC-e site whenever I tried, after having sent my IP in, I managed to resolve that, only to find out that they had blocked my account for no reason. Whilst sending btc-e a ticket in relation to this issue I got my ticket closed straight after, they didn't respond, they just immediately closed my ticket. This is outrageous that they can do this to my bitcoins!

This scam accusation stands until the problem is solved, just a heads up to others, it can be you! No idea why they did this to me, no response to my tickets either. Not impressed at all.

account unlock

Your account has been under suspicion of hacking!

Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com

BTC-E.com // Биpжa пo aвтoмaтичecкoй тopгoвлe Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:35:04 PM

Took a few weeks of frustration, but btc-e.com fixed my account issues. Thanks for helping me out, btc-e.com user.
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:32:04 PM

I feel your pain. I made a withdrawal of 3.35 BTC from BTC-E on 11/23. The amount was removed from my BTC-E balance (now at zero) but the transaction never appeared on the blockchain, i.e. money is gone. Attempts to contact support have been futile (3 attempts). The matter remains unresolved.

I can only strongly recommend everyone to avoid the risk and not deal with BTC-E. This recommendation is based on the fact they are unable to provide corrective actions to intentional or unintentional mistakes on their side.

If only there was a BBB for bitcoin exchanges to report this to...

Does anyone know if any BTC-E admin lurk on these boards?

UPDATE: I was refunded my 3.35 BTC after almost 2 weeks. It took another 2 support tickets, plus a direct message to a BTC-E on this forum.

owner does.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:12:44 PM

account unlock

Your account has been under suspicion of hacking!

That's all fine and dandy, but why ignore him? as soon as this is done email the client. and instead of simply closing or ignoring their ticket's maybe open once and answer why.

Seems childish a person need's to open multiple tickets, a company your size making the money you do should have enough staff to answer questions and NOT just copy/paste answers.
spqrusa

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:44:31 AM

I have had the same problem with BTC-e with my account still suspended after three months. The worst part of their scamming is that I had a fishy trade where I lost a bunch of NMC then they suspended my account. There must be some on the inside who are perpetrating scam trades and I got caught in the middle and I got my account with many BTC, LTC, NMC and FTC suspended now for three months. DO NOT trade with BTC-e!! There are too many other more trustworthy sites. BTC-e keeps their BTC prices low to attract people then they scam and / or steal outright.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: