Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:39:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SHA-256 altcoin pools working with CUBE [SOLVED]  (Read 4203 times)
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:06:08 PM

So if I use bfgminer i dont need mining_proxy.exe? I'm a little unsure how that works
correct, you don't need mining proxy in that case.

Chadwick, I was able to connect my cube to any pool.
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:25:22 AM

slush mining proxy will not work on a high majority of mining pools which use my stratum code. this is due to the way it handled job id's (so miners get paid fairly) so the only working alternative around is bfgminer

Peacefrog

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:25:18 AM

My rejected share rate with my newly opened cube is between 45-55 percent with bfgminer. Any tips on how to lower this?

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. Sha9sRtV5ermdZKwxZJPdT1cStK5RGWxGr
TomInVa57

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:23:26 PM

My rejected share rate with my newly opened cube is between 45-55 percent with bfgminer. Any tips on how to lower this?
Having the same issue here, any ideas anyone??
Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:56:16 PM

Common issue. It has been mentioned a few times in the thread. Only solution is to get stratum proxy working instead of bfgminer.

Have you tried what I posted on the first page ?

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
TomInVa57

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:03:22 AM

Common issue. It has been mentioned a few times in the thread. Only solution is to get stratum proxy working instead of bfgminer.

Hi Gamer67 and thanks for the reply. As if you had not guessed, I'm new at this Smiley

I read your posts (all the whole blog) several times, but I am not sure where you are getting the settings from, like the --gp and -p and the actual server/miner name from (your ex mining_proxy.exe -o stratum.coinex.pw -gp 8332 -p 9944). I am currently mining with bfgminer using the following settings:

bfgminer  -o stratum+tcp://xjo.ispace.co.uk:3342 -u Tom.J1 -p 1234 --http-port 8080

How would this be changed to your settings?

Any help greatly appreciated. And Thanks.....
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:06:41 AM

as stated above stratum proxy will not under any circumstance work with any of the new MPOS based pools using the latest stratum code

Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:12:21 AM

Hi Gamer67 and thanks for the reply. As if you had not guessed, I'm new at this Smiley

I read your posts (all the whole blog) several times, but I am not sure where you are getting the settings from, like the --gp and -p and the actual server/miner name from (your ex mining_proxy.exe -o stratum.coinex.pw -gp 8332 -p 9944). I am currently mining with bfgminer using the following settings:

bfgminer  -o stratum+tcp://xjo.ispace.co.uk:3342 -u Tom.J1 -p 1234 --http-port 8080

How would this be changed to your settings?

Any help greatly appreciated. And Thanks.....

Stratum proxy will not work with ispace pools, I had tried previously. As ahmed_bodi has mentioned it will not work with many pools. The coinex example that I posted was one of the pools that it did work with. Only thing I can suggest is to find another pool that it might work with or to just use bfgminer and deal with the rejects.

That being said.

-gp is the stratum getwork port.
-p is the port of the actual pool server.

Your pool user name and password should be set in the cube interface. You set the IP as the IP address of the stratum proxy there too.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
fodder69

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:43:40 AM

Doesn't seem like the place for this question, but I'll take a stab. Need details on network really.

Can you ping the cube from your bfg box?
Can you connect to the web port from your windows box (guessing yes to both).
Why do you have two ips and ports configured in the pool addr on the box?
Any errors or log files on the cube that might be helpful from the web interfa
itsunderstood

Activity: 364

American1973

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:10:53 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 04:56:25 AM by itsunderstood

You were right buddy, it was a network issue.  I assumed comodo wasn't running because i'd shut it down, but it was still running, just needed to restart it, add the port 8330 and boom, we are good.  Thanks again!

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: