Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:24:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook makes its own coin, will it be selling in the market?  (Read 470 times)
aokiji06 (OP)

Activity: 256
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:25:36 PM

While prohibiting cryptocurrency ads or digital currency circulating on the platform, does not mean Facebook is really anti with bitcoin and the like.

Facebook reportedly preparing to make its own virtual currency, although not yet known when the official was announced.
https://tekno.kompas.com/read/2018/05/14/11440097/facebook-bakal-buat-mata-uang-digital-sendiri

░░░░░░░░░░░░░   POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░
GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:31:26 PM

While prohibiting cryptocurrency ads or digital currency circulating on the platform, does not mean Facebook is really anti with bitcoin and the like.

Facebook reportedly preparing to make its own virtual currency, although not yet known when the official was announced.
https://tekno.kompas.com/read/2018/05/14/11440097/facebook-bakal-buat-mata-uang-digital-sendiri

Facebook have attempted to create facebook money before but it ended up as a failure and using the same idea but in the form of a digital money powered up by blockchain technology; facebook once again is thinking to create a cryptocurrency to suit their purposes but one thing is clear and that it will take a very long time before they can realize their idea and at the same time there will be no ICO for that crypto.
Probinus

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:38:26 PM

Didn't bother to read the rest of it since it isn't in english. But personal thoughts on this, if facebook did and made a coin. Making their own cryptocurrency to be used on fb app itself wouldn't really be a good idea. They introduced FB as a free app, steadily genersting income on ads and other stuffs, but adding a virtual currency would make it look like a there-for-money app which i think, people wouldn't patronize.

KONIOS.com   |│  The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●  AIRDROP | LIVE  ●   ICO  |  July 1st   ●
thorexs

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:52:18 PM

i think its a good news, consider facebook ever got security breach for they members account. i hope with blockchain technology they can have more high securuty level. but it not wise if they use this for make facebook become not free, and people who that want to create new account have to pay with they coin.
Mohamme

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:55:14 PM

I don't think so.
Because facebook has banned the advertising of ICO, they do not need to raise money through ICO.

freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:57:24 PM

just a fun guess but will it be "facecoin" FBC lol
vermigerous

Activity: 489
Merit: 16

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:58:37 PM

This would be a good news for us and i think many people will come and invest for it because it is a trusted source to get some profit. anyway there are downside when this became real. what if they don't allow us to share some contents on Crypto.

vanhuy

Activity: 328
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:00:50 PM

I really do not understand what Facebook wants to do, first they ban the ads on cryptocurrency and then they say they will develop cryptocurrency of facebook.
What are they thinking? Shocked
ilovemybb12

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:02:29 PM

why would facebook do such thing? facebook is not a paid app afterall and i think no one will support that. ☺
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:04:05 PM

mark is not anti-crypto, a few months ago Mark said that he was interested in studying the crypto world.

mark just wants to minimize the scam and ponzi ICO, but it seems that difficult.

with facebook plan making the own crypto, i think mark will have a huge advantage.
TRON0824

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:11:48 PM

yes i believe mark will launch facebook coin .
" Facebook is considering the launch of its own digital currency, according to insiders.  Cheddar, a tech and business video news network, reports that the social network is “very serious” about creating a virtual coin in competition with cryptocurrencies. "
bingungsekali

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:29:22 AM

the news is not good and seems not clear. facebook is anti going to crypto ad and now will issue its own coins.
not clear what will be done facebook later.
Tisubasha

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:10:30 AM

blockchain is a basic technology in the operation of cryptocurrency. Blockhain has a decentralized records storage system.
This system is believed to help Facebook out of its problems lately such as identity verification or advertising sales.
As said earlier, Facebook has not announced when it will launch its homemade cryptocurrency. Facebook is also said to have no plans to hold a digital coinage offering or commonly called ICO. (CNBC).
OfficialAmulet
Copper Member

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:52:37 AM

Might be a good distraction from their credibility issues.
RNGfight

Activity: 196

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:55:37 AM

Blockchain is the next generation of technology, so it is perfectly normal for facebook to issue its own token.
But facebook has not yet seen the launch of its ICO plan.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Cryptorouter

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:08:40 AM

May be it will sell in the market but the matter is that how many people can buy it. Most famous coins are sold out within a minuets or some seconds. So we have to be alart to buy it. Zuckerberg really wants to experiment with decentralized systems.
Dod Ong

Activity: 323
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:24:41 AM

For me, I think that the Facebook coins will selling in the market because the users of Facebook are bigger than other currencies. So I think if the Facebook makes its own coin, the market will sell it because of the demand of Facebook users. The market is very wise so if they sell the Facebook coins I think they can earn more.
hermae

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:31:19 AM

May be it will sell in the market but the matter is that how many people can buy it. Most famous coins are sold out within a minuets or some seconds. So we have to be alart to buy it. Zuckerberg really wants to experiment with decentralized systems.

Maybe if facebook really wants to join in and make their own coins, that would be good. We all know that facebook has a lot of followers and users, so  I think that their coins will sell and be in demand if ever. Well, if they do it, that would help the bitcoin world become more known to everyone.
ParveZ219

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:08:09 AM

As Facebook is a craze between everyone so may facebook will attract the customers to buy it easily..Not sure of that.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 251

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:12:55 AM

As Facebook is a craze between everyone so may facebook will attract the customers to buy it easily..Not sure of that.
I don't think a centralized crypto will have so much of attention,they just can get more ads about their currency in their platform since they have stopped promoting others but I don't know whether they have ICO or not.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀