Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:03:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US ASIC hosting to help EU miners avoid >20% import VAT  (Read 1581 times)
matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 06:52:30 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2014, 05:11:32 PM by matthewh3

www.redstarmining.com - is contemplating of soon offering ASIC hosting in the US to help EU miners avoid >20% import VAT.  Our electrical costs we have to pay are good too at <=$0.12 per kWh.  RSM is two years old in January so you don't have to worry about us running off into the night.  The thread is just to gauge potential interest before we design our data centre.  We'd probably offer six months contracts.  So that when the six months is up you can ship home your ASIC's on there new reduced shipping values.

We think the cost we'll be able to charge is anywhere from $0.18 per kWh to $0.21 per kWh depending on how many we end up hosting.  We'd like to offer a 0% fee P2Pool node (to  help network decentralisation) with cash back bonus for using the pool based on your hash rate.  The cash back bonus wouldn't stand for any scypt ASIC's hosted.  I know some of you will have similar power rates at home but we're helping you to avoid the VAT costs.  Which should help pay for the power.  It'll be based on six month contracts where afterwards you can have your miners shipped home at reduced value VAT.  We may offer a pre-order scheme to help us build the datacentre.

We'll only accept BTC/LTC as we're a BTC/LTC based mining company setting this up.  We'd probably ask for a deposit to cover the initial setting up and rent needed to be paid in advance.  Then you could pay the full amount when your miners start hashing.  We'd have rent, building work and network fees to pay upfront.  Also - www.redstarmining.com - the parent company setting this up is entering its third year of operation.  While we'd be using this data-centre to host our own ASIC's too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rawbit

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:49:08 PM

STOP trying to centralize mining power to one region. Bitcoin is decentralized and it will stay that way.
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:04:26 PM

That's not what hosting is all about. The Neptune will clock in at 3+ TH/sec and use an enormous amount of electricity. KnC have already stated standard US house circuits will most be able to handle only 1 neptune.  There is definately a market for ASIC hosting.
AussieHash

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:15:41 PM

Does anyone know how much the power consumption of the Neptune will be? An educated guess? I already have an order on the Bitmine 2TH rig which consumes 3 KW so I can't have anything more than 2 KW in my apartment Smiley

Also, how high is the risk of fire on these rigs? I am concerned since we don't have smoke detectors in our old Denmark apartments, and having two units would double the risk. From what I have read on these forums KnC units have been going up in smoke now and then. Does such an event lead to a fire hazard inside an apartment?

I am totally new to this mining merry-go-round so advise from experienced hands will be very useful  Cheesy

KNC quote minimum 3000GH/s and 30% less power use.
My 670 GH/s Nov Jup pulls a peak 860 Watts from the wall using a platinum-rated PSU, so :-
(860/670)*0.7*3000=2.695KW (minimum)
If it ends up hashing a lot more it will draw a lot more power.
I have not ordered a Neptune myself because I feel they need to reduce the power consumption more.
I will wait for the next generation (16nm?) in the hope it will be better.

All electrical equipment left running un-attended 24/7 has a (small) chance of fire risk so fit smoke detectors and fire-suppression systems where appropriate, just to be sure.
At the end of the day it is up to you as a householder to determine your own personal safety threshold.
Personally I have been running computers all over my house 24/7 for the past 20 years and have never had a fire, but maybe I have just been lucky.  Grin
I do have 3 smoke detectors fitted and test them regularly.
One is in the room with the KNC box.
noodle73

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:55:54 AM

Hmm. yea interesting. I hope you're not just limiting it to Neptune's but would potentially host any mining gear.
That aside, to help decide whether it stacks up here are two points:
1) If you've got an EU VAT number (i.e. you're trading as a business or know someone who is) you can buy within Europe and KnC don't have to charge you VAT, so in practice it's like being in the USA as far as taxes are concerned.
2) Best commercial hosting quote in Europe I've found so far is $180 per kilowatt per month including power. So that's probably going to be around $550 for a 3Kw (guess) Neptune.
If you can beat that then I'm interested.
matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 11:07:47 AM

Hmm. yea interesting. I hope you're not just limiting it to Neptune's but would potentially host any mining gear.
That aside, to help decide whether it stacks up here are two points:
1) If you've got an EU VAT number (i.e. you're trading as a business or know someone who is) you can buy within Europe and KnC don't have to charge you VAT, so in practice it's like being in the USA as far as taxes are concerned.
2) Best commercial hosting quote in Europe I've found so far is $180 per kilowatt per month including power. So that's probably going to be around $550 for a 3Kw (guess) Neptune.
If you can beat that then I'm interested.

It would cost us less than $300 a month to power 3kW 24/7.  Although of course things like rent and wages will need to be paid.

noodle73

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:38:43 PM

I think if you can get to an all-in cost taking into account overheads and power etc and present it on a "per box" basis I'd be very interested.
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:01:39 PM

www.redstarmining.com - is contemplating of soon offering ASIC hosting in the US to help EU miners avoid >20% import VAT.  Our electrical costs we have to pay are good too at <=$0.12 per kWh.  RSM is two years old in January so you don't have to worry about us running off into the night.  The thread is to just gauge potential interest before we design our data centre.  We'd probably offer six months contracts.  So that when the six months is up you can ship home your ASIC's on there new reduced shipping values.

Where exactly are you located? I maybe interested if you're within a reasonable drive of my location.
matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 01:45:18 PM

www.redstarmining.com - is contemplating of soon offering ASIC hosting in the US to help EU miners avoid >20% import VAT.  Our electrical costs we have to pay are good too at <=$0.12 per kWh.  RSM is two years old in January so you don't have to worry about us running off into the night.  The thread is to just gauge potential interest before we design our data centre.  We'd probably offer six months contracts.  So that when the six months is up you can ship home your ASIC's on there new reduced shipping values.

Where exactly are you located? I maybe interested if you're within a reasonable drive of my location.

We're currently planning on locating data centre in the Kansas City area.  Maybe you could help out on the project if local and interested.

Bitconorama

Activity: 87

Just trust me.

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:21:46 PM

I would be interested in seeing estimates of total cost/month for your hosting service. Would you only offer 6 month contracts ..or might you consider a month to month plan?

We're currently planning on locating data centre in the Kansas City area.  Maybe you could help out on the project if local and interested.
What kind of help are you looking for on the project?
matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 06:47:27 PM

I would be interested in seeing estimates of total cost/month for your hosting service. Would you only offer 6 month contracts ..or might you consider a month to month plan?

What kind of help are you looking for on the project?

Physical and local technical help.  We have an employee to oversee things in Kansas City but he's very busy.

matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 08:25:16 PM

We think the cost we'll be able to charge is anywhere from $0.18 per kWh to $0.21 per kWh depending on how many we end up hosting.  We'd like to offer a 0% fee P2Pool node (to  help network decentralisation) with cash back bonus for using the pool based on your hash rate.  The cash back bonus wouldn't stand for any scypt ASIC's hosted.  I know some of you will have similar power rates at home but we're helping to you avoid the VAT costs.  Which should help pay for the power.  It'll be based on six month contracts where afterwards you can have your miners shipped home at reduced value VAT.  We may offer a pre-order scheme to help us build the datacentre.  

railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:56:33 PM

wouldn't really want it shipped home. would you sell it for me on ebay?

matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 10:38:46 PM

wouldn't really want it shipped home. would you sell it for me on ebay?

Yes we could do that for an extra fee.  Or you could sell it yourself and we'd ship it to the buyer.

AussieHash

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 11:17:53 PM

Will you offer credit card and PayPal payment methods ?
Will you offer monthly payment rather than upfront payment ?
If you will be asking for preorders, what reassurances can you tell us about your credentials in this area. Obviously preorders are forever tarnished in the bitcoin community such as BFL, HF, VMC, possibly cointerra and numerous btc payment only startups for laser etched cold wallets/stickers/online wallets/junk coins that turned out to be scams.
matthewh3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 12:25:07 AM

Will you offer credit card and PayPal payment methods ?
Will you offer monthly payment rather than upfront payment ?
If you will be asking for preorders, what reassurances can you tell us about your credentials in this area. Obviously preorders are forever tarnished in the bitcoin community such as BFL, HF, VMC, possibly cointerra and numerous btc payment only startups for laser etched cold wallets/stickers/online wallets/junk coins that turned out to be scams.

We'll only accept BTC/LTC as we're a BTC/LTC based mining company setting this up.  We'd probably ask for a deposit to cover the initial setting up and rent needed to be paid in advance.  Then you could pay the full amount when your miners start hashing.  We'd have rent, building work and network fees to pay upfront.  Also - www.redstarmining.com - the parent company setting this up is entering its third year of operation.  While we'd be using this data-centre to host our own ASIC's too.

WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:04:21 PM

I have four KNC Neptunes on order and also own two Jupiters.    Looking for any hosting options available.   KNC currently is hosting my Jupiters and I have a few months to figure out what to do with my Neptunes.

Great to see this thread, I'll be watching it...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: