Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:54:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First airline ticket bought with bitcoin.  (Read 12644 times)
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 03:03:32 AM

Why not just come to Mexico and then come over the border Smiley If they find you act a little bit dumb and say you're a hillbilly who was born down South and that you don't like to carry any ID.

Heh, yeah it's funny this has actually crossed my mindl. Turns out that it's way easier to enter the U.S. illegally now. Just grab a flight to Mexico, and have a friend to pick you up when you cross the border. Boom, you're in.

I'm not so sure about the tax thing, law or not you go to jail for not paying, happened to Wesley Snipes when his layer told him the same thing.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mad7Scientist

Activity: 373
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 11:37:18 PM

I'm not so sure about the tax thing, law or not you go to jail for not paying, happened to Wesley Snipes when his layer told him the same thing.

That doesn't count because Snipes had filed at least one time before and made himself in to a taxpayer, as far as I know. It could also be a setup put on by the IRS just for publicity, like the Ed Brown incident.

At his sentencing, prosecutors said Snipes, a resident of Windermere, Florida, had earned more than $38 million since 1999 but had filed no tax returns or paid any taxes through October 2006.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/11/19/us-snipes-idUSTRE6AI42J20101119
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1104

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 07:36:52 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2011, 11:42:48 PM by Otoh

a valuable lesson (sorry that you had to learn it the hard way) - do not even mention bitcoins to any customs/immigration/border officers, if you don't have any ATM or credit/debit cards at all then definitely seems to be worth getting hold of one before travelling, plus they are useful anyway when abroad for local funds & better than hundreds of dollars in cash which also may look a little suspect (?), or at the very least get a pre-paid VISA card charged up with some $s, easy enough to buy one online with BTC too & maybe it'd be treated as a regular VISA charge card by those vetting you

if bitcoins aren't (yet) on the entry database as undesirable, possession/use/promotion of, then a quick search (which they will do of course) would show them first hitting the mainstream news by being linked to/facilitating Silk road's exotic market place, exactly not what is going to get you fast tracked in to any anti piracy drugs war country, perhaps esp as the original SR historically links to China

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: