Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:54:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PayPal vs Bitcoin  (Read 3363 times)
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:59:52 PM

I made a complete withdrawal and stopped using paypal after they freezed wikileaks account.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/12/paypal-wikileaks/

i hate paypal with a vengance ,ive had my money held hostage and had to go through hours
of phone calls and eventually i called my bank and credit card  who were only too happy to reverse
the charges and give back the money paypal stole and they said they would block paypal from my accounts

I was happy with that  solution  and me and paypal will not be friends again unless i have to deal with some merchant
who only accepts paypal but first i will ask him if equivalent amount in  btc would be ok Wink
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
luqash3

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:04:30 PM

User705 thanks for sharing the info with us. Long time ago I have left using PayPal as its no more good. Today you have assured me that I took right decision of leaving the PayPal and adopting the new digital currency bitcoin. I hope federal regulations won’t mess up with bitcoins in a way it did with PayPal.
markf78

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:40:48 PM

I sold 2 bitcoin miners in the past week and today I received a call from them asking to verify that I did sell them on eBay, who the shipment company was, and if i had a tracking number.

Between chargebacks and paypal, I don't know which worries me more.
wayneyoyo

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:44:21 PM

I sold 2 bitcoin miners in the past week and today I received a call from them asking to verify that I did sell them on eBay, who the shipment company was, and if i had a tracking number.

Between chargebacks and paypal, I don't know which worries me more.

If you shiped i don think they can charge back , paypal are still good for non digital item but for digital bitcoin kills Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: