Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:22:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP !!!! Finding hanrun hr961160c ethernet replacement  (Read 4474 times)
TerraHasher (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:26:58 AM

Ok, so long story short, i bought yet another V2 blade from ebay, and this idiot, worthless piece of crap, moron, crap for brains seller decided to ship it in the original tiny little box which any of you who own them know is like wrapping them in paper and sticking a shipping label on them. Needless to say the board showed up busted. 2 chips knocked off, and the Ethernet busted off. Now lucky for me i have spent a lot of time repairing boards with SM components. i got the chips put back on. but the legs were totally busted smooth off the hanrun hr961160c SM ethernet port. i tried to modify the port and expose enough of the pins to solider it back to the board. but just cannot seem to get it to work because there is soo little to work with, and i cant be sure if which connection is either not solid or open. Please before you get into your speeches.  I have been repairing boards for local miners since the V1 and USB came out, and have done over 100 boards to date very successfully. I have never had to find a replacement hanrun hr961160c for one before, and for the life of me cannot find any place that sells them in the USA. So this is me reaching out to the vast knowledge of the Bitcoin community and asking for help. Can you please help me find one of this things so i can get it ordered.

I dont want to hear about "send it back to the seller" trust me he is for sure getting his due treatment. I am not the one a person wants to cross.

so again, please, if you can find a legit link where i can purchase one or two of these hanrun hr961160c SM Ethernet block from the USA help me out. might even through some BTC your way. i have searched for 4 hours now. 

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aznatama

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:11:23 PM

Seller's fault, just file a claim w/ ebay/paypal/USPS and go buy a new one.  He probably sold you a broken board, since it's unlikely that the original packaging would result in chips calling off...

Blades are usually shipped in original box inside a simple padded envelope.  A drop sufficient to damage the item in the way you described is not going to be offset by a thin layer of bubble wrap.

As for ethernet jacks... just find out what pinout, and you should be able to solder any ethernet jack to it.  However, if anything else is broken, you're SOL.
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:50:16 PM

Yeah, i cant check to see if anything else is broken, i cannot find a schematic for these boards anywhere so when i fix them for others i always have to check them via Ethernet and i multimeter. so until i get an ethernet on it i cant check. The seller will be getting theirs. i dont play well with people who scam me. Will post a little more when e-bay refunds my money.

goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:33:19 AM

maybe helpful

http://e2e.ti.com/support/microcontrollers/stellaris_arm/f/471/t/53133.aspx

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:31:00 AM

Thanks Goxed, I have ordered a J3011G21DNL from Digikey, should be here in a few days. if it works, you might have some BTC coming your way. message me your address if you dont mind.

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:53:19 AM

Definitely report back if it works alright.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
pmagid

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:37:49 AM

Did it work?
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:42:48 AM

Did it work?

I dont think so, it allowed me to connect to the blade via browser, but had a solid yellow light on the port. i checked with a multi-meter many times, the solider job was done perfectly. and it would not hash, Given up and am selling the blade off for spare parts since nobody has any suggestions on what to do with the hardware and chips.

sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:28:20 AM

What do you want for it?

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:30:07 AM

A dead V2 blade? I have no idea. i want it to work, that would be nice  Wink , i guess make me an offer if you are in the USA, i am in no big hurry to get rid of it. i would rather harvest the chips and try to make something useful out of it. i have been searching for a PCB design that uses the same chips. i have a friend that works at a manufacturer about 3 hours away and they make PCB's and assemble them.

sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:54:24 PM

Conversely, I already have half a dozen dead blades so I could try to repair it for you or send you a stock ethernet jack removed from one of them. Though I wonder what the issue is, if it's not responding to getwork but displays the config page just fine? What exactly is it doing?

Also if you find a good board design that uses AM chips definitely mention it, I got a couple hundred of them now and a custom project would be pretty fun.

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:53:48 PM

Could you just not solder the wires from a short patch lead on to the board, and a pair of LEDs?  Ignore the socket.
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:11:25 AM

Could you just not solder the wires from a short patch lead on to the board, and a pair of LEDs?  Ignore the socket.

would it be possible to just bridge the LED solider joints in place of actually putting an LED in there? just solider the patch lead directly to the board with no LED? Also would anyone have a schematic for this?

TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:58:48 PM

Never mind, last night i decided to start a solution for all of us these pesky dead V2 blades.

Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=382964.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: