Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:24:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We might get lucky?  (Read 1142 times)
dejikocv

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:41:04 PM

I am already millionaire, althought one million of dogecoin doesn't worth too much  Tongue But, hey, I don't want to lost hope...

The world needs to move forward a decentralized money, I think that it is the important thing of the cryptomoney. It is not totally anonymous, but nobody should be able to control it.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 2242

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:42:38 PM

Or be very lucky. I'm finding that luck is one of the key things in what many call "success".

C

Keep thinking that.

At some point you'll learn that you have to set yourself up to have an opportunity to even have a chance of being lucky.
Given that I'm 45 and have a lot of experience behind me (including dot.coms and a fair net worth) I do have to say there were some pretty lucky moments in my life that would have set things on a very different course.

Sure it's nice to think we made our wealth by the skin of our own hands, and in a sense that has some merit, but I know way too many dot.com people who worked like hell at places like intercon, digex, and the like who ended up with dick. And some people from ftp and the like who made out exceptionally well. And some people who got lucky, thought it was "skill" and promptly lost it all in the next venture.

And luck is a tricky thing: Looking back I see that I was exceptionally lucky to be kicked out of college in 1986 for inadvertently crashing the VAXes (hey, you run batch jobs that resubmit themselves and sometimes shit happens) because my compatriots went on to extremely ordinary lives.

Never confuse luck for skill, or skill for luck.
blueangel01

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:43:36 PM

I just find the cryptocoins amusing. I like to learn a lot about it. I also enjoy trading coins.

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
stemon

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:23:20 PM

I got into bitcoin as i like the fact the government cant control what i earn / spend  Wink 

As for getting lucky or rich now i think its to late unless something new takes off like NXT and you get in early.

This is just my opinion and im usually wrong

Good luck to all.
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:00:24 PM

Or be very lucky. I'm finding that luck is one of the key things in what many call "success".

C

Keep thinking that.

At some point you'll learn that you have to set yourself up to have an opportunity to even have a chance of being lucky.
Given that I'm 45 and have a lot of experience behind me (including dot.coms and a fair net worth) I do have to say there were some pretty lucky moments in my life that would have set things on a very different course.

Sure it's nice to think we made our wealth by the skin of our own hands, and in a sense that has some merit, but I know way too many dot.com people who worked like hell at places like intercon, digex, and the like who ended up with dick. And some people from ftp and the like who made out exceptionally well. And some people who got lucky, thought it was "skill" and promptly lost it all in the next venture.

And luck is a tricky thing: Looking back I see that I was exceptionally lucky to be kicked out of college in 1986 for inadvertently crashing the VAXes (hey, you run batch jobs that resubmit themselves and sometimes shit happens) because my compatriots went on to extremely ordinary lives.

Never confuse luck for skill, or skill for luck.

It seems we are on the same page, your original post just seemed a little "you didn't build that!" for my taste. Out of context, nothing political I promise.

I entirely understand that it's not just pure ambition that makes money, but it sure does help your odds a whole lot. One of the best things about crypto, in my opinion, is that it follows no business hours. I can still be deeply into crypto, yet still have enough energy and time left for other plans should it all go bust. That doesn't mean it's no energy, it still takes time and lots of reading (everybody hates that step!) for me to feel knowledgeable enough to dump cash into profitable ventures though. If someone else did the same I imagine it would reduce the amount of lucking out you'd need to remain profitable, but not eliminate it  Grin

I also had a pretty big life altering situation that I hated for all it was worth at the time, yet now I realize it's probably the best thing that ever happened to me! College is for chumps  Wink

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: