Bitcoin Forum
September 23, 2018, 07:52:26 AM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I Met My Scammer  (Read 401 times)
Vineeta2october

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:39:13 AM
Merited by Lakai01 (1)

I guess everybody needs to get scammed at least once in his/her life in order to experience it firsthand. It has a cathartic effect and it (hopefully) helps you avoid further scamming attempts on your person. So all you can really hope for is that the first time isn't too bad, e.g. you lose enough money that it hurts (a little) but not that much that it cripples you  Cheesy

Haha. I almost got scammed by airdrops but saved myself by reading about those here and on google. One airdrop said that go get the coins, I need to verify my account and to do that I need to give my private keys. Googled it then and got saved. Second and then many more like that said that I need to sign my wallet to verify that I am the actual owner of that wallet but the site they referred to was a scam site with almost same name and spelling except for special alphabets in that.

I didn't lose anything in scam but I did lose a lot of money in ripples. Bought it at almost 4$ and then the next day it went down down and down Sad
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Lakai01

Activity: 224
Merit: 69

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 06:20:55 AM

Thanks for your story, will merit it as soon as I got sMerits :-)
The schema "send me your private keys to verify that you are the owner" is very common these days, especially for airdrops. I don't know why this happens so often in the airdrop-space, but I think its due to the fact that airdrop-participants mostly new to the crypto space and therefor underestimate the importance of the private keys.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.